Airtel Call Home / "india one" is not 1 cent per minute. its a fraud

United States, Arizona Review updated:

Its a real fraud. "India One" is not 1 Cent per minute. Its 4 cents per minute. You guys are misleading to the people by putting 1 Centsminute in advertizement, because consumers has to pay 3 more cents/minute for using a toll free number.

My family is regular customer of Airtel in india since many years so i opened account to use this most advetized plan blindly by not checking actual details. Now I will discorage everyone in my circle to use this plan Airtel

N  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Airtel SUCKS big time!!! The service is extremely pathetic. Firstly, the 1 cent per minute offer is BOGUS. They force us to pay $3.99 as a service usage fee every time you recharge it. It is ridiculous. They are making fun of expats. They are making them look stupid. Secondly, the service works fine for the first 1 week after registration. After that one has to make at least 15 attempts (No Kidding!!!) to make a call...and the worst part is the call gets disconnected when the service is still in use.

I am in no mood to talk about the Customer service. I guess they are rigorously trained to be 'Pathetic' to the extremes.

Ideal for the expats to exemplify and to quote what we hate about Indian companies, Indian goods and services, Indian Customer service, Indian mindset and people of India though we adore it. Here after, unquestionably, a firm 'ABSOLUTELY NO' to AIRTEL is my only recommendation.

Airtel...you lost me as your customer.
Good Bye. FOREVER!!!
D  4th of May, 2009 by
I have been an Airtel customer ever scince ive moved to America.. I have tried using other services also but nthin compaired to the voice quality that airtel offers.. The story of charging 4 cents per min with a toll free number is very true..but the question is why use a toll free number when we have a direct line. I think this a a marketing game played by other service providers to fool and confuse the customers. I have seen the same blog on a lot of other sites also..Please lets just stop doing this..
N  10th of Jun, 2009 by
use stanacard, which gives 3.2 cents per min and also the advantage of this is just need to use the local number where it directly connects your distination in india (each phone number in india requires one local number) so you can have as many as you want. The quality is very good. the another advantage is if you recharge using my referrel code, ex. for $10, then you get $20 (that is 1.8 cents per min). Try it you won't be unhappy
A  20th of Sep, 2009 by
Airtel is a fraud. I fell in trap of airtel advertisment and registerd for $10.00, for which I got merely around 180 minutes instead of 10 hours as per advertisement. I am going to close account today itself.
N  19th of Dec, 2010 by
Airtel is just crap... I disconnected my call and when i call again, it tells me that the account is in use.. It is just gng on and on.. and I am not able to make any call to India. The customer care number never works are their are busy as usual serving themselves... Airtel really never cares for customers.. whether it is in india or US... They just forget their basics... to provice basic services to the customers...

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel