Airtel / deficiency of service
I had purchased a motorola mobile handset as part of a rs 1999/- scheme from airtel in conoor (Tamil nadu) on 14 june 2007. The scheme had a airtel sim card with 2 years validity & rs 1999/- free talktime between airtel customers.
The sim card was activated & was in use till 07 july 2007 after which I removed the card for later use.
When I tried using the card on 10 august 2007 it didnot work.
Therefore I went to the airtel head office in conoor from where I had purchased it on 13 aug. The dealer told me that the card was damaged & it had to be replaced. Accordingly I paid rs 150/- for a new card & the number was re-activated by end august.
However on activation I started getting calls from a local person stating that the number belongd to him. Thereafter around 03 sep the number was again discontinued. On checking up with the dealer, he gave no satisfactory reply & I had to make repeated visits to him for an answer. It was only by first week of oct that he gave a reply. He stated that the number had been deactivated by airtel in july first week due to non reciept of documents & thereafter on recycling the number had been re-allotted to some other customer.
He agreed that the fault lay with airtel as the documents had been provided in full to his office but due to some negligence they were lost. Further airtel didnot inform me regarding the same before disconnecting.
The dealer assured me that he will speak to his head office & get a solution to the problem.
However it has now been two months & despite repeated reminders no action is being taken ither by the head office of airtel at conoor or at ciombatore. Every time I approach the dealer he gives me a vague answer with false assurances of action.
The present status is that I have both the sim cards (Original & the reactivated one) with me.
I wish to file a complaint against airtel for their deficiency in service. So may I request you to kindly suggest as to how to go about it.
More Airtel Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - Mobile Tower Installation Fraud
- Bharti Airtel - Faulty SIM cards
- Airtel India - mobile service issue.. fraud in bills
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315