Air India Express / very very poor service and customer support

1 United Arab Emirates

Hi,

I had booked a ticket OVJFUM in Air India express from Sharjah to Trivandrum and Unfortunately I supposed to cancel the ticket and I done it. I got an message as cancellation fee is nearly 375 AED which is nearly 50% of my ticket fare. This is really unfair.

As per your policy the cancellation charge is, fixed penalty of INR 2200/- or its equivalent in local currency + Transaction/Convenience Fee - If the cancellation is made 7 Days or more prior to the scheduled departure of flight.

I have cancelled it before 40 days, so the penalty fee should be around 120 AED per booking (2200 INR). Then how come it's more than 350 AED? I never saw any other airlines charge nearly 50% of fare for cancellation even its not a offer ticket, or cancelled during 24 hours of journey.

Past 1 week i was struggling to get a solution from your customer support (i emailed to [email protected]) but they still sending me an automated emails rather than listening my issue and solve this. I was also asking them to call my number to solve this matter instantly but no one responded so far. I was feeling like speak with a machine/robot every time i emailed them.

As a NRI, i felt ashamed of your airlines service which is managed by a Indian government itself.

I really wanted you to give me a solution urgently or this could be my and my families last journey in Air India express.

Thanks.