Air India Express / Cancellation of flight

1 India Review updated:

I had booked two return tickets - Mumbai - Kochi sector for the month of october 2008. However a few weeks later I received an email stating tickets were canceled and amount refunded due to 'flight being canceled cos of operational reasons'. On checking the airindiaexpress website & confirming with the call center, it now states that the flight is 'operational' and tickets are open to sale for Oct 2008. This has highly inconvenienced me as I had to spend double the amount and book tickets on another airline. Also, extremely rude & totally unprofessional service doted out by the call center employee and manager (Sushma Asawale & Rupali). Pls remember that the customer is what makes your business 'operational'.

Comments

• Pv
      15th of Jul, 2009

A lot of these people in Air India, Air India Express, Indian Airlines etc need to be fired for the good of India and their own company. These people will give only pain to the customers.

I once missed a AI flight though I was at the Chennai International Airport about 50min before departure for a flight to Calicut. I was a bit late so I approached the relevant check-in counter first which was open. The AI man told me to Xray my luggage immediately. Came back after X-ray barely taking 2min then same man told me counter is closed.

I was then advised to see the AI duty manager just behind, which was a lady. She told me to contact ticketing without any try to help me. Ticketing told me, sorry sir, you have to buy a new ticket. So I had to fly to Cochin by the next AI flight, buying a new ticket and get a taxi from Cochin to Calicut.

For the next flight from the same international terminal, the whole security process and to reach the door of the aircraft took hardly 20min and since the gate was not open, in fact I had to wait.

But for the flight I missed, though I was at the check-in counter at least 50min early (passengers were even lesser), still I was still not allowed to board. The Duty Manager could have tried to help calling the ground staff - but they wont even try!!

To compare, some years back, I had another experience, whereby we reahed the Airport in Johor Bharu, Malaysia for a budget airline flight just 5-10min before departure. Because of heavy traffic, me and two of my friends reached JB airport only very late (we were driving from Singapore).

However the attitude from the check-in couter was surprising - they immediately contacted the concerned ground staff & piolet and told them there are 3 more passengers. To our own surprise we were able to fly to Penang and the check-in couter staff as well as the security was so proactive (though fault was in fact on our side).

As far as our above AirIndia etc is concerned, they simply do not know how to treat the customers. Their staff are people who will never loss their jobs because of several of their unions - no matter how worse they are! I made anyway a complaint to Air India by email for the above incident but I did not even receive a reply.

Recently I bought a AIExpress ticket from Chennai to Singapore. To connect I also bought a AI Calicut-Chennai ticket. Just 2 days ahead of the flight I am told by my agent that my Chennai-Singapore flight is preponed by 4hours, which meant there was no way to use both flight, so I had to cancel both and buy a Silk Air ticket instead from Cochin. My losses Rs. 6100 + one day leave.

If AI services need to improve - every employee must have a fear that they will loss their job, if they don't perform. If their aim is to become a successful company they have to win the minds of customers! It is unlikely that it will happen!

8th of Aug, 2009

I totally agree. There are scores of people that must lose jobs in that company. The govt., who talking of a 'bail-out' must first sack all these idiots in the company. Its a great opportunity to clean up the mess created over a long period of time.
    My old parents too were treated like dogs by Air India. I had asked for a whell-chair for my mom. They asked her to wait till all other passengers had alighted. If she would have done that she would have missed her connecting flight. So she simply dropped the option!!! Where on earth is a wheel chaired person given last priority, especially if the person has a connection flight (that too of air-india itslef) to catch?

• Sh
      1st of May, 2012

I think they might have purposely closed the counter after your return from baggage scan. In the mean time the officers might have got an another passenger /prey who may have some urgency to travel on the same flight. Normally they offer the ticket with double charge for such passengers and they even board the same passenger just 35 minutes prior to the international flight departure. This is my experience, I was that prey who paid Rs:18000/- for the oneway ticket from manglore to dubai. I dont know who missed the flight on that day

5th of Jul, 2013
    Air India Express - Seats
    Airline
    India

I travelled by Air India IX211 Dubai Pune Dubai. All was well but the seats were like wooden strip benches with 1 plain red cloth.
    This was worst than a local riksha. My bumps are still paining.
    I spoke to the onboard staff but they also laughed and said enjoy AirIndia Express.

• As
      5th of Mar, 2015

Sir,
    I am Akansha Kandoi. I had booked two air india return ticket from mumbai to cocin of 24th jan 2015. I had reported 55 minutes early before boarding time. So your manager Subash said he had already sold the tickets to a needy couple. And after that flight got delayed by 15mins. He said that either we can give you evening flights on same ticket or we can give u full refund of Rs.33000. So we prefferd to take refund. He gave us in writing about the same and said that it will take 15days and its been more then a month and there is no reply regarding the same. So I request u to look into the matter and let me know asap.
    Here in I have attached the copy of the same.
    Regards..

3rd of Jun, 2016

I agree, since they have monopoly over direct flights from mangalore to Kuwait.they charge the customers as they wish, please we need other carriers to start flights in this sector.

3rd of Jun, 2016
    Air India Express - Air fare
    India

Air fare in Air India sector Mangalore to Kuwait is way high as compared to other flights, even if this flight is direct the difference should not be 30000 indian rupees. Air india ticket for 2 flying on 10 April coming back on 30th June comes to 92000rupees whereas same dates in Jet airways comes to 60000rupees. This air india people are just robbing the customer. Their service is worst than the local buses in India, not idea why they charge so high