Pathetic Customer Service!!!
To Whom It May Concern,
It will take more than 3 min to read my story; if you have time then here we start.
My name is Girishkumar Rudraiah. I am a citizen of India, located in Bangalore. Due to Business reasons it was required for me to
Travel Unites States of America on 13-Sep-08 and as per the schedule my connecting flight started from Bangalore to Paris, Paris to
Cincinnati, and Cincinnati to Providence. For your information this was my first International travel. I liked the service provided by both
Air-Delta and Air-France throughout my journey to US. Even I passed this message to my entire team and they were really happy. I
Reached US safely and things went really good while I was in United States. It was time for me to return back home and the date I
Had to start from US was 24-Sep-2008. This time my flight started from Providence to Atlanta, Atlanta to Paris, and finally Paris to
Bangalore. I was supposed to reach Bangalore on 25-Sep-2008, but that didn't happen.
Flight from Providence to Atlanta went fine. After reaching to Atlanta I was expecting flight to Paris will be on time but found there was
Delay for 6 hours. Flight#DL22. I still controlled my patience because I believed Air-Delta will take responsibility in case if we miss
Connecting flight from Paris to Bangalore. While traveling to Paris, Air-Delta Captain came to each of the customer and apologized for
the delay and said nothing to worry, air-delta will take care of us in good manner. You have to note this point.
As expected before I reach Paris-De-Gaulle my connecting flight#DL8461 to Bangalore was left, operated by Air-France. Okay, I knew
things went wrong but I still believed Air-Delta/Air-France will take care of responsibility. I was taken to a terminal not sure where
Exactly and had to meet Air-France Customer Service Desk. I expressed things happened and requested them to send me in the
Next flight to Bangalore ASAP, but the lady who was helping me said my next flight [AF192] will be only on tomorrow [26-Sep-2008]
At 10H50. My heart beat started increasing because this time delay was 24hours. I questioned once again is there any opportunity to
make it early, and the Customer Support Desk said it can happen only if I had Europe Visa. What an option??
I have only US Visa since my business was in that country, and I'm sure if we have to travel US it is not required to have Visa for any
other Country like Europe. Now starts the real drama. Went back to Air-France Customer Desk and ask them how and where to stay
for next 24 hrs. They immediately booked a room in Hotel and said I will be taken to France Police to get Transit Visa for 24 hrs. I
waited patiently for 3 hrs and it was already noon there. A lady carrying my Visa Application said it was rejected without any reason.
When asked her the reason, all she said was it is decision taken by Paris Police and nothing to do with Air-France Airlines. Even I
requested them to get me an opportunity to meet police so that I can explain things happen in the entire trip. Thinking, at least by this
way they may feel bad and grant me visa. But the lady just refused. She said we knew Paris Police won't give Visa. So why the hell
did they book Hotel ticket when things were knew to them??
Next, guidelines given by Air-France customer service desk to me for next 24hrs.
1. I need to stay within the space where Air-France Customer Service Desk is located.
2. I cannot cross the gate which is just 50m distance, so that I can make a PHONE CALL to my HOME and Inform them my
PROBLEM but there is no such option...BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE FRANCE [PARIS] VISA.
3. I was given Food coupons for lunch, dinner, and next day’s breakfast. But I still can't go out and reach restaurant since I DON'T
HAVE FRANCE [PARIS] VISA.
4. In the midnight if I feel hungry or my health is gone bad, there is none to take care of me or I'm not supposed to go out of gate and
ask for help. BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE FRANCE [PARIS] VISA.
I also met Customer Service Desk SUPERVISOR and explained things happened to me. All he said was, I HAVE CAME THROUGH
DELTA AIRLINES AND HE CAN ONLY HELP AIR-FRANCE CUSTOMER. WHEN asked him to connect me to Delta-Airlines via
Phone, he said that is not his problem. HE ALSO SAID, GO AND CALL YOUR INDIAN EMBASSY. Sir, I can't make a Phone call
because I have been instructed not to cross the gate as I don't have Transit Visa. Once again he just said, IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM.
The worst statement he made was, YOU WILL BE GIVEN FOOD COUPENS AS A COURTESY.
I spend rest of the time by sleeping on RED CARPET. I was given blanket which was 3/4th and didn't cover half of my body. It was
Freezing, still had to sleep. After 2AM there were none on the floor, except some people who had undergone the same problem like
Its time for me to ask few questions.
1. Before I started to travel, why I was not informed by Delta Airlines that Air-France will help only Air-France customers though both
the airlines work together?
2. When I faced all these problem, what was Delta Airlines doing?
3. Why haven't you mentioned the problem that may occur while traveling on your website? If I knew it before, I would have never
Opted your airlines [both delta/air-France]
4. Why was I treated sub-standard, is it because I belong to Developing country?
5. I didn't miss the flight, it was Delta-Airlines fault and when the problem is yours why didn't you take necessary action?
6. I didn't had bath for 2 days, was forced to eat whatever Air-France authority had given..who is responsible for it?
7. Totally, 6 + 24hrs delay. Can there be frustration better than mine?
8. I was not allowed to make a phone call? Is this how you people provide service?
9. Because I didn't reach on time nor I made a phone call, my parents fall sick and were taken to Hospital? Who is responsible for
this? Should I ask Delta Airlines or Air-France???
10. For all these pain I faced, there was not a single person from both the airlines concerned about me.
After all these problem when I reached Bangalore, one of my check in baggage was missing. After one day I received the baggage but
there were missing items for more than $80. I logged the case and still haven't received a response.
While traveling to US I had so much expectation/respect on both the airlines, but now you people have reached to my trash folder.
Though it pains, I will share my experiences to all of them who travel frequently and I will request them not to go either
I'm not a frequent traveler. Whenever I think about this trip, I loose my temper and fail to work. This has dropped my performance.
I rather feel prison would be better than staying a night in Paris.
You may neglect my mail and concentrate on your daily work, but don't forget things won't be same always.
If you are looking to know more about me. Here is my information.
Sabre Reservation Code: CXJCZR
Passenger First Name: GIRISHKUMAR
Passenger Last Name: RUDRAIAH
Issuing airline: DELTA AIRLINES INC
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you Delta Airlines, Air-France for providing such a wonderful customer service.