Air Arabia / refused to check in
My pregnant (4 month) wife and son (Age-3) had scheduled to fly on 1/05/2010 by air arabia (Flight: g9491, dep: 22:25, sharjah-goa). Due to traffic we reached airport by 20:30, it took 30 min to clear the formality of baggage screening and after that another 15 min spent in plastic wrapping to the boxes (They have been forced to do it as an compulsory procedure) and again 15 min in check-in que.in overall it took 1:00 hr to complete the pre-check in procedure. When my wife reached to check in counter along with her 3 year old son it was just 21:26 (1 min late) and the check in staff refused to complete the check in procedure saying that she is late and time is over. When she requested she has been asked to produce the pregnancy confirmation report. Once she submitted the report they took 10 min to discuss with duty manager and finally said it is not possible to travel and if she still wants she can meet the duty manager at his office. At the same time another higher officer visited the check in counter as per his routine checkup, she was trying to explain her condition so that he can help her, it shocked her that the officer didn’t bother to listen her problem. (Her cell phone was on line with me all the time so that I can guide her) helplessly when finally she went to see the duty manager it is found that he was not in his office and other staff present in the cabin was unable to tell where he is. She was physically and mentally tired of these all, hence I took the pass and reached the check in counter. After lots of struggle finally I found the duty manager and explained him the situation and in return I got a surprising replay saying that it would have been possible if reached to him half an hour before???
Finally I came out with my family, helplessly. I did hand over my family room and shifted back to bachelor accommodation on 30/04/2010. Hence I suffered a lot to accommodate my family until 04/05/2010 (Next available fight within my budget)
1. If they want to close the check in counter 1 hr before why don’t they stop screening the baggage’s at least 1:30 hrs before
2. Who is responsible for slow process at check in counter, time loss at un-necessary plastic wrapping que and waiting in huge que for check in
3. Is there any special consideration for pregnant women? If yes, why it is not happening on producing of medical report. If there is no special consideration,, why one should be asked to produce doctors report for pregnancy confirmation.
4. Why a pregnant woman should suffer to find the duty manger whose duty is not in his cabin. If he has to visit all the check in counters. Why he can’t reach the place where problem arrives for the customer. Is his duty only solving the problems of his staff? Not customers? Are we that inhuman?
5. Are we paying huge amount to airway ticket to suffer mentally and physically?
6. Who will pay for my financial, physical and mental loss
7. Should I recommend somebody to travel from air arabia???
Javid a khan [protected]) ([email protected]) - uae
Fahima j khan (0091-[protected], 0091-[protected]) - india
More Air Arabia Complaints & Reviews
- Air Link Cargo Agency, Al-khobar, Saudi Arabia - Parcel not received 
- Air Arabia / Flight seat - Delayed flight
- Air Arabia Cochin office - negligence towards walk in customers of Air Arabia superior officers at Cochin office
- Air Arabia - airlines
- Air Arabia - overcharged and customer service 
- Air Arabia - bad experience on board
- Air Arabia - baggage fees & delays 
- Air Arabia Flight Boarding Service - flight on board staff's poor service
- Air Arabia GSA Hargeisa, Somaliland - customer service, delays of system top up and turning valuable customers away
- Air Arabia - complaint against air hostess service