Agoda.com — unauthorized charfe
Immediately after realizing I did not want the hotel I just booked on Agoda.com, I returned to their website to cancel the booking. It all went smoothly and a cancellation number appeared for reference. On the date of my supposed stay in the Kyoto Towers hotel in Japan, my credit card was billed $707 for no-show. When I called the company, the agent called me a liar and said that if it indeed cancelled, I would have received a cancellation notice by email. Well how was I supposed to know an email was expected? No, I did not receive an email. Unfortunately, I had thrown out the piece of paper where I had written the cancellation number. The Agoda agent said there was absolutely nothing they could do, not even give a discount. Thus aside from their faulty cancellation process, I was called a liar and worst yet, I had to pay the full $707.
More Agoda.com Complaints & Reviews
- Agoda - reservation 
- Agoda - you cannot update your personal info with agoda 
- Agoda - payment taken but no booking! 
- Agoda.com - cancellation policy 
- Agoda - fraud 
- Agoda Company - voucher gift card
- Agoda - unfair charges 
- Hotel Booking Online - meal options 
- [Resolved] Agoda Company - hotel reservation for budapest charged on cc but no reservation made 
- Agoda - don't use debit card with agoda!!