Agoda Companyhotel booking and payment

I booked a Hotem Sangam room from 15 August 2018 to 18 August 2018 at Trichy Tamilnadu India. Due to a sudden heart condition, my doctor's advised me not to travel to India from Singapore. I was admitted to hospital on 8 August 2018 and discharged on 15 August 2018.

During my stay at the hospital, I called Hotel Sangam and asked the staff to cancen my room booking. He did not tell me to inform Agoda about this.

My recent credit card statement shows that a payment of $261.07 have been deducted by Agoda although I did not stay at the hotel.

Trying to get Agoda customer care is a nightmare and I would advise all customers to be vary about Agoda services.

Gh
Aug 20, 2018

Comments

• Ke
      Aug 25, 2018

I booked a hotel in Barcelona through Agoda. The price as quoted by them when I made the reservation on 16th March this year was - "Total price: GBP 482.04
    You will be charged the GBP equivalent of EUR 545.66 on your pay date of August 25, 2018. Exchange rates may vary."
    Agoda have now actually charged me £548.89 This clearly does not represent the actual change in exchange rate during that period as it is a 13.9 % increase in the price whereas the £/Euro exchange rate has only slipped by -1.767% during that time. I would have preferred to pay in euros anyway, but was not given the chance as I booked online. When I rang Agoda they would not let me pay in euros and were evasive when I challenged them about the massive price rise. I sent them a screen shot of current exchange rates, but they never answered to it, they just EMailed me quoting their "policy". It's disgusting that a company like Agoda are blatantly ripping people off like this. As the booking was very important not to lose, I had to pay them and go ahead with it in the (forlorn) hope of them recognising a mistake and recompensing me. All they've done is EMail me a voucher for 60 USD which I will most likely never use.
    Keith P