Afni, Inc / Not a legitimate collection agency!
I have had a run in with this company before. I too contacted Verizon and they had no record of the debt. This company is similar to another "collection agency" called CAMCO (Capital Acquisitions Management Company). They purchase old debts that have either been settled for a lesser amount, charged off as part of a bankruptcy, or on which the Statute of Limitations for collection of the debt has expired and then attempt to collect on the debt. If they receive so much as one cent from you, the Statute of Limitations starts over and they can begin to report you to the credit bureaus. WE ALL NEED TO DO THIS: Write a letter to your local Attorney General's office letting them know whats up with this company, then send a cease and desist letter to AFNI letting them know that you know what they are about. This scam only works if you allow yourself to be bullied into paying them. I personally still had records indicating that the bill in question had been paid by money order several years ago so I was able to get them off my back, but if you don't have such records you can still get rid of them. The Statute of Limitations is there to protect you, who keeps records of paid debts for 10 or more years. They are counting on the fact that you don't have proof and you will give in. Don't give in, stand your ground, this is a SCAM!!
More Afni, Inc Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - Scam and cheating 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni, Inc. - collection call for wrong balance
- Afni, Inc. - us cellular
- Afni, Inc. - Unethical behaviour, attempt to collect false debt
- Afni, Inc - False claim, stating i owe $8, 779. 44 to them, or my license will be suspended. 
- AFNI - Former Employee