Afni, Inc / Fraudulent Collections Attempt

PO Box 3427Bloomington, NC, United States
Phone: 866.684.3221

I am having an insanely difficult time remedying a bogus collection attempt by Afni, which operates in Bloomington, IL. Afni has placed a damaging credit item on my credit report, but has failed to provide me with any details of the debt. The Denver telephone account in question was paid in full and closed five years ago.

There is nothing to verify the alleged debt for me, though Afni had no problem verifying the debt for the credit reporting agencies when I disputed the account.

After requests on Sept 11 and Sept 12 (telephone and written) for Afni to mail me a list of itemized charges nothing was sent. I called them on Oct 13, and they informed me that a "cease communication" request kept them from communicating at all, despite the fact my certified letter (which they received) prohibited phone calls BUT expressly requested a mailed paper copy of the bill. They assured me today that it would be sent out by USPS as per my initial request.

My credit report was fantastic before this. Now it is damaged, and I still don't know what the alleged debt is for. I attempted to contact the original creditor, but they have no account details since Afni purchased the alleged years-old debt.

Additionally, Experian reported that this debt was "verified and updated, " which scares me. I have not made any payments on the fraudulent debt, though it seems Afni is trying to re-start/re-age the time limit on their collection efforts. I have neither time nor credit reporting protocol on my side. This country's economic woes are bad enough without Afni's antics and I can't believe they are allowed to operate in this manner.

If I have any recourse, or if Afni's business practices are being addressed, I'd love to know.

Take care,
Jeremy
Je

Afni Logo Afni
Overall Satisfaction Rating

159 Reviews
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
Bloomington