Afni Collections / Fake verizon bill!

Kentucky, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1866 307-0283
I received a fake bill from verizon stating that i owed verizon $391.29. I never received a bill from verizon stating that i owe this amount. I was informed that this was a bill from 10 yrs ago. I told the representative that i have had the same telephone # for 20 yrs now. I did not know the number on the bill.

Comments

Sc
  4th of Mar, 2008
Did you go over the details of the account such as the service address, the phone number, and the last four of the SSN? Does the SSN match yours? If so, then you need to file a fraud dispute with AFNI. If there is no SSN and the name is similar to yours, then you need to write AFNI stating that they have the wrong person because there isn't a SSN and that isn't your account.

Pablo
Do
  23rd of Oct, 2008
I did nothing after calling and complaining to both AFNI and Verizon and now I'm screwed. The amount was only $37.00 but it was the principal. They just reported it on my credit and my credit score dropped nearly 100 points. Over $37 bucks!! I still wont pay it but it's going to take me a long time to clean this crap up.

Afni Logo Afni
Overall Satisfaction Rating

159 Reviews
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
Bloomington