Afni Collections / outstanding bill

1 Denver, CO, United States Review updated:

I received this notice from AFNI Collections, stating that they "acquired" this account for collections. This notice is saying that I owe nearly $100! I cancelled my QWEST account a year ago, and I paid my final balance to them! I have never received a call or letter from QWEST saying that I still had a balance owed. They do have my correct phone number, but that is easy enough to find since I have had that same number for many years (with QWEST). This is so infuriating, because I the letter looks very real and threatening.

Ry

Comments

• Co
      22nd of Mar, 2010

i have been receiving notices from AFNI Collections, stating they "acquired" this account for collections. The notice states i owe just shy of $100! They tell me T-Mobile bought Aerial Telecommunications, an account I had but cancelled before T-Mobile bought them. I have never received a T-Mobile bill and each time i called to settle this the minimum wage call center employees were rude and totally unprofessional. I called them again recently and all of a sudden they have a copy of a bill from T-Mobile that they can send me. This goes back to 2000 and now they can provide me documentation that i owe $100.00, but they only want me to give them $25.00. C'mon are they for real? Their tactic is to annoy you to the point where you will pay just to get rid of them.