Posted:

Fraud collection

2.5
Jersey City, New Jersey
I received a fake collection letter from Afni claiming that I owe Bell Atlantic $412.13. I pay all my bills and never owe Bell Atlantic anything. The phone number they're saying I owe the bill was from 10 years ago. If I owe Bell Atlantic anything, why don't they call me directly or immediately? Why wait 10 years later? Afni is a bogus company and needs to pay for scamming thousands of people out of their money. I'll file a company with Better Business Bureau & the FBI identity theft unit.
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies

Comments

A  17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I received a letter from AFNI also. They claim I owe Bell Atlantic / Verizon money from 1999. 8 Years AGO!! I dont owe them anything but how do I prove it? They dont even have the correct address. I had a completely different phone # where they claim the service was at!
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Afni Collection - Fraudulent letters!
Phone: 111-222-3333

I will list a complaint, but respectively wish not to include name and number. Sorry, you can't trust things nowadays.
Heres another complaint against Afni. Same letter Same old bill from 11 years ago, from verizon formally GTE. now heres the kicker they claim it was an old cell bill, but funny thing is the number they refer to on the bill goes to a residence in a State that I do not live in. If you want to have some fun. Call this company, they have some of the most friendly Satanic devil worshipers to answer the phone, ask them how they got your address to send the letter (don't give them any info to verify anything) and ask them how you could possibly have a cell phone bill when you are Amish and have never had any electronic devices nor believe in them, and if they become rude or obnoxious, just calmly ask them to gather the appropriate information to resolve the matter and when they get this together, to give you a call at the phone number they have listed on the letter. Have fun!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree