Aetna Insurance / Non Payment of Medical Bills

VA, United States Review updated:
I was disabled in 1999 from the results of a car accident. I am paying for Aetna insurance through my company disability plans and I also receive Medicare A, because it is free. I have no other insurance and never have since I have been disable or have been with Aetna Insurance. Nothing has ever changed since I have been with Aetna, just my age or PCP. I have been receiving Medicare A since 4/01/2000.

I don't know what Aetna is trying to pull this year, and I understand I am not the only one this is happening too. They have stop making payments on all my medical bills and telling my doctors that I am not providing them with information needed for processing the bills. Aetna is saying that I have other insurance.

I have filled out two forms from auditors, may calls, sent messages, and have updated their database and still no one can get it right.

I have bills coming in that I can not afford to pay, and someone making calls to my home(I was not there) I was going to be dropped, plus I appear to be not responsible to the doctors office, because Aetna keeps telling the doctors that I don't return their calls.

I am going to take legal action against Aetna if I can through the state of Virginia.

Comments

Jo
  10th of Nov, 2008
I am new patient with Aetna right off they refuse to pay my lab work no referral, etc.
bull. i was sent by my primary care physician with a slip to lab corp this should be paid, no questions
they want it to be a med emergency i say they are trying to intimidate me into not seeking out services
joe sang vineland nj