Aeroplan.com / taxes on flights and changes to pricing

Carp, ON, Canada Review updated:

I tried to book 2 flights from Ottawa t Chicago using Aeroplan Miles. Quoted 30, 000 miles and $467 in taxes and fees.
I decided to check the cost of the same flights on Air Canada and they were just over $1000 + $318 in taxes and fees.
I contacted Aeroplan via Twitter and they told me that the taxes for the flight on their website should be the same as the taxes on the Air Canada Website. The passed on the screen shots I took and said they would deal with it.

The following day I go to check on the flight taxes and I find they are still the same but the flights are now costing me 60, 000 miles. This is one day later!

I want to know how they can rip off customers with inflated taxes, tell me they are going to fix it and then charge me double the reward miles to book the same flights 24 hrs later. Disgraceful practices.

Df
Jul 24, 2018

Comments

• Sc
      Aug 06, 2018

Aeroplan sucks, I just called them to change my flight for a medical emergency, my son broke his arm and they are charging me $100 each way ($800) total to change this. When I asked to escalate it, they wouldn't. I basically have to write a letter to their executive management team. I'm so glad I have moved to another travel card so I don't have to deal with these greedy [censored]s anymore.