Aeromexico / charging twice for luggage, no refund
I booked flight from Ciudad Juarez to Mexico-City and the only luggage I had was one bicycle packed in a cardboard box, total weight 18 kilograms. According to the baggage allowance one piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 23 kg was included in the ticket price.
When I checked in they asked me what is inside the cardboard box and I told them it is a bike. They told me that I have to pay 65 USD extra, because this is the cost for transporting this kind of sport equipment. I argued that this is my only piece of luggage and that it is within the specified limits. Anyway they said in a harsh way: "Pay the 65 USD or you will fly without the luggage."
I complained by email directly at Aeromexico and when they responded finally (2 months later!!!) they told me, that I will not get the money back.
Reading all those complaints about fraude tickets and extra charging I see that it is not a unique case. I will definitely prefer all other airlines in my future travel arrangements (e.g. Interjet, a low-cost-airline does not charge anything for transporting a bike if it is within the baggage allowance!).
More Aeromexico Complaints & Reviews
- Aeromexico - the worst customer service I have ever experienced 
- Aeromexico - charges, cancelled flight and baggage theft 
- Aeromexico - fraudulant use of my personal credit card
- Aeromexico - customer service 
- Aeromexico - réclamation
- Aeromexico - Unethical behavior in baggage
- Aeromexico - Expert kit and Vuelo Verde REFUND
- Aeromexico - not allowed to board
- Aeromexico - threatened, cheated, spoken rudely and misbehaved by aeromexico airlines
- Aeromexico - airplane ticket refund