AeroGarden / Bad Customer Service

I had ordered AeroGarden Elite model after researching on their website. What I received was called a Pro 100. Upon contacting them on their chat site, was told that they changed the model name. They had sent me the older name model. I told them I wanted the new one, as I had no assurance that what they sent me was indeed the same as what is shown on their website. The chat referred me to their customer service telephone # and logged off.
I called their customer service and was told that it was just a name change, and they were sending out the old box models. I asked them if they can exchange for the new, as I had no assurance that the models were the same, and since I am giving it as a gift, I want a new one. The agent simply told me there's nothing she can do, and hung up on me.
A simple word of apology and appreciation of my understanding would have resolved the whole thing from the start. But neither the chat nor telephone agent conveyed any sense of appreciation. They simply stated that it's just the box that's with the old name. They exhibited a sense of 'why can't you accept that?' attitude. They never said 'thanks' or 'sorry' once! Shouldn't customer service start with a sense of 'thanks' to the customer?!?

Ro

More AeroGarden Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ev
      17th of Jan, 2016

Aero Garden has horrible customer "service"... I'm going to leave a comment on reseller ratings as well as contacting the BBB and the Attorney General in their state... I ordered directly from them, and when I unpacked the garden, it smelled like a chemical factory, to the point that I couldn't even keep the thing in the house... I had to put it in the garage!!!

After telling them about it via email, they said they had never heard about that... (Yeah, okay)... Lets just say that I got the ONE AND ONLY reject system that smells like that... A REPUTABLE company would send me a replacement with a return label for the defective one... NOPE... It's been 9 days since I asked for that...