Aeroflot / canceled ticket
I have an open ticket from Volgograd to Kuala Lumpur by Aeroflot. I have confirmed the date of journey from Volgograd on 11th July 2008. The flight will transit at Moscow and Hong Kong before arriving at Kuala Lumpur on 13th July 2008. At the representative office of Aeroflot in Volgograd, I have asked one of the worker, whether it is possible if I start my journey from Moscow, not from Volgograd ?
She said it is possible but I won't get refund for the trip from Volgograd to Moscow. And I agree with that. I want to take other airline for this route to have a trip together with my friends flying from Volgograd to Moscow.
At the time of checking-in at Moscow, my name was not in the flight that I supposed to be in. She asked me to check with the booking and ticket counter.
At the booking and ticket counter, after the worker checked my ticket, she said the ticket was canceled because I did not fly from Volgograd to Moscow, and the whole journey to Kuala Lumpur was canceled. The only option I have - to buy a new ticket to Hong Kong, and then find a new ticket to Kuala Lumpur.
I did see the manager but the same answer is given.
I ended up buying new Emirates Airline ticket to Kuala Lumpur via Dubai which cost me around 950 USD.
This is absurd and I would like to have compensation for my loss.
More Aeroflot Complaints & Reviews
- Aeroflot - luggage lost 
- Aeroflot - bad customer service 
- Aeroflot - flight name change
- Aeroflot - meals and luggage 
- Aeroflot - cancelation and intorable experience
- Aeroflot - disrespectful and humiliating behavior
- Aeroflot - hand luggage 
- Aeroflot - unable to cancel flight due to my father having a stroke and not able to fly at all 
- Aeroflot - bad seats / flight from phuket to moscow 
- Aeroflot - airline didn't act fairly