Aer Lingus / Axcess weight charge

1 1406 Angie Ave. Ste AModesto, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 209/480-4571

On December 11, 2008, I was returning to the united states from Bucuresti, Romania at the Otopeni airport. I was given a slip from Aer Lingus which showed the charges for excess weight on baggage. When I went to board, the airlines charges me far more than what I was told by aer lingus. I contacted the aer lingus representative at that time and had them talk to the
attendent who was boarding us, but I still had to pay a huge amount which I feel was not right according to the information given to me from Aer Lingus. I am requesting a refund due to the wrong information given from your representative.
the following information is details of the charges.
According to your excess baggage slip,
36K-46k is 40 er
47K-64K is 80 er

Aer lingus baggage charge tick# 0654190 was 240 er for 24K
ticket # 0654189 was 260 er for 26K
I should have only paid 80 er total according to your prices listed on the excess baggage slip form. ( weight listed above)

Please refund the difference to me ASAP and contact me if any furter information is needed.

George Apostu

Comments

• Ad
      30th of Apr, 2011

Air Lingus really need to make it clear on the PRINTED BOARDING PASS that paying extra for a second hold luggage does not mean you get extra weight. I had the same problem Malaga to London on EI903. The check in staff were friendly and I had my parents nearby but it was a very stressful experience to have to get rid of weight.