A&E Factory Service / dishonest company!

Eatonton, GA, United States Review updated:
Our Whirlpool Calypso washer broke down when only 1 1/2 years old. I soon found out it was involved in a class action lawsuit but told that was washers before a certain date. Our washer was not part of it as I was told by Whirlpool. This was the 2nd week of November. We live in a smaller town and there is not main authorized repair people. The first company Haskins Appliance & Repair called me after scheduled 2 weeks and said they double booked. I said why did you wait till the night before to tell me. I could have came home early etc... needless to say... this gentleman had a board meeting, could not come early am because took his grandkid to school etc... We got stuck with A&E after complaining to Whirlpool about their authorized vendor. A&E tech came out after it took 2 more weeks to fit us in. The tech tried to tell my husband it was going to be $600+ to fix. I was livid since our machine is not that old. We did not buy the extended warranty. I called Whirlpool again to complain and was told the parts were covered under a limited warranty. I guess like a powertrain on a car. They called A&E and found out what parts they were. They overnighted the parts directly to us. We waited a few more weeks. A&E never showed at the one appointment. Called again said they did not have it and would schedule. The same tech came out and said the parts were all not there and he could not fix it. They ordered off parts he said. This is the same crook that tried to charge us for parts covered. After calling complaining again... no call back. They just ignore you. I called Whirlpool management and they offered to send me $50 for laundrymat expenses... I have spent over $125 to date thus far. They tried to get ahold of the company to contact tech to see what parts they needed. They said they would just have to come and diagnose this again. So waited today for them to show. I ran to get the mail at the road and missed a call. They said they would have to reschedule. I called immediately. They say between 8-5 and I miss a call by a minute.... and they can't come. I called and was on hold for 20 minutes... then I got a person said need to transfer me disconnected. I called back again and was on hold. I keep getting names of people to no avail. When I did get a supervisor Eloy told me he was at X18875. Well I called back and they can't locate someone by extension or a phone number. I have spoke to Brigette ID 71892, Felisha ID 75746, Shaquita ID 61009, Felisha ID 75746, Denise ID 12423 and Gloria at the national customer service line. I was given the name of the CEO of A&E Mr Reader... told he is out of Round Rock, Texas. If I could have found his name and number on New Year's Eve day I would have called him. This company has no right to be in business. I did charge back the initial $65 fee that I put on my credit card. I still have a washer machine that does not work and I feel that Whirlpool should be embarrassed to have them as an approved vendor. I am disgusted with A&E FACTORY SERVICE as well as Whirlpool (who also owns Maytag). I do not believe I will ever by another product from them if I can help it.

Comments

Li
  18th of Dec, 2008
This is the worst service company I have ever dealt with and Whirlpool is aware of it. I will never buy another Whirlpool product again because of A&E. What a bunch of scam artists! I just wish I would have checked this site out first.

A&E Factory Service Logo A&E Factory Service