A&e Factory Service - Citrus Heights, CA / extremely disappointing, frustrating, and costly experience

A&E Factory Service Northern California Citrus Heights, CA.

On March 30, 2007 I purchased a condominium that came fully equipped with Kitchen Aid brand appliances included the refrigerator that is referenced below. Beginning on July 25, I began experiencing problems with device not holding temperature. After calling customer care and receiving troubleshooting information I waited to request a service call. On July 27, after no improvement I called to schedule an appointment. I was referred to A&E Appliance ([protected]) who informed me that the soonest appointment I could get was Tuesday, July 31, 2007. After waiting the four days for service I encountered over $200 in food loss due to unsafe temperatures. My time window was 1-5. After leaving work half way through the day unpaid to be present for my scheduled appointment I did not receive a telephone call from the service technician until 5:15 P.M.

Upon inspecting the fridge from approximately 5:45 until7:30 Chester, the technician informed me that I would need to make an additional appointment10 days from now. He also informed me that I would have to accept delivery of the parts. This poses several problems for me. 1) I work 60+ hours a week and arranging to be present to accept a package is a huge burden. I requested that the package be sent to his office/service location. He said that this would not be possible. 2) I am unable to make a realistic appointment do to unforeseen scheduling conflicts.

The next possible time made available to me was Friday, Aug. 10 which I knew would not work so I made an appointment on Saturday, Aug. 11 from 8 -12. Ultimately, I am being asked to wait over 15 days without a fridge that should not be having these problems in the first place. This is a $2000+ fridge that was purchased than 6 months ago! What does your company expect your customers to do? Where would you like me to store my food? How much do you expect your customers to be inconvenienced before you simply replace the fridge? This whole process has been extremely disappointing, frustrating, and costly. I would expect more from a well known brand like Kitchen Aid.

Ma

Comments

• Ge
      5th of Feb, 2008

I bought a new condo fully equipped with new appliances. 4 months along and my washer has a major problem. I called to schedule a service tech since I have a warranty. I was scheduled for the following week between 1pm-5pm. 6:00pm came no call no visit. So I contacted them was told he (service tech) called at 5:45pm. Huge Lie!! I have been sitting by the phone. So I told them I was upset on having to lose out my day waiting and no call and visit. The said sorry put me on hold spoke to tech and tech said he'll give me a call and to expect him around 6:30-7:00pm. Well it is now 8:00pm and no call or tech. I called back really angry they apologized and told me to expect a call tomorrow morning for the tech to confirm visit. Bad Bad Bad!!!
    Waste my time my day and my patience.

• Cy
      5th of Sep, 2008

This company get's an "F". My kitchenaide microwave seemed to have a minor problem. When you shut the door, the light came on the table would rotate. Everything else worked fine. I figured there was a problem with the door latch. The technician from and A and E said he did't understand the problem, but must be a microprocessor problem. He told me I needed to pay 500.00 dollars up front, he had to take the entire computer panel and send it to a third company CGI. CGI stated the would have the part completed in 4 days. So, the technician and I scheduled an appointment for two weeks out. I am an MD and cannot miss work. I took the day off, Aug 19th. No body showed. Later that day I recieved an automated call that the scheduled visit had been canceled. I spent a half the day on the phone with A and E that day, they reassured me everything was on track, that they were simply waiting for the part. I did't hear from them again for almost two weeks. I called again on the 27th of the month and spent another two hours on the phone, ultimately with a senior manager. NOW .. they tell me the part had been sitting in the wrong department since the 8th. They said they would have the part to my microwave sent to the correct department and back to me by early this week. It is now September 5th. I called them again, told my story AGAIN to two new people, who told me the part would not be back for two more weeks. The said the part should be done by the 11 th of September. The person on the phone was short and clearly didn't know what the hell was going on. I will have been without my microwave for over a month, after being promisd a four day turn around. It addition, they made me pay 500.00 up front, and they were not even sure what the problem was. I am furious. I have twin 3 year olds, am a busy single mom physician and I cannot easily reheat anything!! I will never do business with this company again, and if I were you I would think twice about it. I plan to complain to Whirlpool kitchen Aide as they referred me to A and E.