advanced wellness research inc. / Fraud

1 Westfield, IN, United States Review updated:

Ladies/Gentlemen, I have just spoken to the "Dispute Department" of my bank in regard to the continous charges that Advanced Wellness Research keeps putting on my credit card. It was my intention to close this account however after talking to the dispute personnel I have decided to hold off. They informed me that they will reimburse my account for the last $83.00 and will be filing a complaint against Advanced Wellness. They also told me that my option to close the account was acceptable however they suggested that I c keep it open because every complaint that they put against AWR affects the credit of AWR. My sugestions for those who have not yet done it is to contact the dispute department of your credit card company and see whether they will offer the same service. This is not a plug but my credit card is owned by Chase Bank.

Comments

• Ru
      3rd of Jan, 2009
    advanced wellness research inc. - Charged for a free trial
    Miami Beach
    Florida
    buypureacaiberry.com

I was charged $78.81 twice for a supposedly free trial. After calling several times to get a refund all I get is the run around. You always talk to a different person who are all Indian or something. They barely speek english and and full of B.S. If anyone else wants to file a law suit against this company I'm in. What a rip off. Buyer beware. You will get screwed.

• Li
      10th of Jan, 2009
    advanced wellness research inc. - On-line Rip-off, Unclear Advertising
    #3-17th Ave. South
    Idaho
    Phone: 866-964-1011

Ordered a "free sample", paying only shipping. No problem. Then another order shows up and I will be billed approx. $80.00 for this unsolicited order. There were no obvious statements when placing trial sample that this was an on-going program. I called today to complain and cancel and after threatening to contact better business bureau they agreed to refund this order and cancel any future orders. We'll see!!

• Ta
      21st of Jan, 2009

I called before the 14 day trial period ended. They offered to reduce the montly price to $18 or so. Amazing...haha. I still canceled. I have experienced zero benefits from taking their product. Seems like a scam...

• Wi
      7th of Feb, 2009

I just experienced the same as the other two comments I received my "free sample" plus paying for the shipping. I just checked my account and there was another charge for$78.81 charged to my account. There was nothing indication when I ordered the sample that this would be and ongoing account. I called to complain and get my money back and was to he could only refund only $60.00, so my free sample plus shipping cost me$24.80.
    I plan on contacting the Better Business Bureau about this.

• Ti
      9th of Feb, 2009

I am right this minute on hold with this company, I was billed $83.80 I only agreed to the sample @ $4.99. I am going to contact the BBB about this company. PLUS the ad les I have lost no weight while taking this. ONE BIG RIP OFF & SCAM

9th of Feb, 2009
    advanced wellness research inc. - Asai berry
    Aumsville
    Oregon
    Phone: 503-749-3248

How can I get my money back from products I have returned? These products do not work - even worse, they have no instructions.

• Al
      10th of Feb, 2009

I ordered the "free trial" and was billed TWICE for the 4.99. I just got off the phone with them, and they absolutely DENIED charging me twice, however I spoke with the bank today (there were TWO separate charges on different dates). After reading your responses, I'm frustrated that I fell for the "bait" on this product.
    I too will contact the BBB if I do not get my 4.99 back. Hopefully, I don't get charged the 83.00 as well...ugh!

• Ro
      28th of Feb, 2009
    advanced wellness research inc. - cancel Order no: 934448
    advanced wellnes research inc.
    3 7th Ave. S
    Idaho

I ordered a free sample and they keep sending me the product.

I returned 2 bottles of their product with the words CANCEL today.

• La
      19th of Mar, 2009
    advanced wellness research inc. - unauthorized chg
    Advanced Wellness Research Inc
    3 17 th Ave S 83651-4350
    Indiana

Unauthorized charges and refused to return my money. My complaint was made to a person who didn't speak English on top of that

• Wi
      20th of Apr, 2009
    advanced wellness research inc. - they charge your credit card without you authorization
    West Liberty
    Kentucky
    nickellw@mrtc.com

this company is nothing but a rip off. they charge your credit card without your authorization so don't trust them they tell free samples for$4.99 just cost shipping .please don't order from this company they are a fraud.But if you have and still having this problem here is the phone number to contact them.1-866-964-1011

• Pa
      6th of May, 2009
    advanced wellness research inc. - Debit charges
    Miami Beach
    PureAcaiBerryPro.com

I cancelled subscribtion of product.
    They are still charging my debit card.
    They need to stop, my bank wants to charge me for doing a stop payment.
    I live check to check and this is ridiculous and unsavory on part of this Research group.

1st of Jun, 2009

I agree 100% with this customer. I was told & in writing that there would be a one time charge of $5 to my credit card & that's it. No mention of a website to go to to cancel later. This place is a rip off & you should avoid them at all cost. I disputed this with my credit card company & they will do a complete investigation on it. If you cancel, get the person's ID you are speaking with & yes, his English is difficult to understand. They are in Dehli India. Also get your cancelation # from them. This is important, if there are any further charges. The credit card company will tell you to send it back to the company & I've located their address through the internet. The address of this company is Advanced Wellness Research, 500 South Pointe Drive, Suite 230, Miami Beach, Florida 33139. You are to send the product back, I would suggest certified mail, so you get a copy back upon receipt of them signing for it. Inside the package, place your name, address & phone number ONLY & make sure you mention you are seeking a complete & total refund of the merchandise. If a refund is not noticed on your next two credit card statements, contact the credit card company you use & dispute the charges.

• Fr
      21st of Jul, 2009
    advanced wellness research inc. - Teeth Brightening Product
    8 Bendingwood Circle
    Taylors
    South Carolina
    Phone: 864-292-0873

I ordered the trial product as indicated in the ad to qhich I responded. When received an additional order I did not request, I sent an email as directed to cancel the shipment of any other materials, but it was unheeded. I was still billed for product I did not request.

• St
      3rd of Jun, 2016

You have to file charges to stop them from getting scammed... ftc.gov ic3.goc and the Attorney Generals office online and most of all, with your credit card company

THIS INFORMATION IS POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expanding, for the second time, its nationwide alert to consumers about tainted weight loss products containing undeclared, active pharmaceutical ingredients.

The FDA has identified additional weight loss products (Herbal Xenicol, Slimbionic, and Xsvelten) and new undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients (fenproporex, fluoxetine, furosemide, and cetilistat).

"These tainted weight loss products pose a great risk to public health because they contain undeclared ingredients and, in some cases, contain prescription drugs in amounts that greatly exceed maximum recommended dosages, " said Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. "Consumers have no way of knowing that these products contain dangerous drugs that could cause serious consequences to their health."

On Dec. 22, 2008, the FDA warned consumers not to purchase or consume 28 different products marketed for weight loss. On Jan. 8, 2009, the FDA expanded the list of tainted weight loss products to include 41 additional tainted products. The FDA will continue to update this list as warranted.

The products listed above, some of which are marketed as dietary supplements, are promoted and sold on various Web sites and in some retail stores and beauty salons. Some of the products claim to be "natural" or to contain only "herbal" ingredients, but actually contain potentially harmful ingredients not listed on the products' labels or in promotional advertisements. These products have not been approved by the FDA, are illegal, and include the following undeclared active pharmaceutical ingredients:

fenproporex – a controlled substance not approved for marketing in the United States;
    fluoxetine – an antidepressant available by prescription only;
    bumetanide – a potent diuretic available by prescription only;
    furosemide – a potent diuretic available by prescription only;
    rimonabant – a drug not approved for marketing in the United States;
    cetilistat – an experimental obesity drug not approved for marketing in the United States;
    phenytoin – an anti-seizure medication available by prescription only; and
    phenolphthalein – a solution used in chemical experiments and a suspected cancer-causing agent that is not approved for marketing in the United States.
    The FDA has inspected a number of companies associated with the sale of these illegal products and is currently seeking product recalls. Based on the FDA's inspections and the companies' inadequate responses to recall requests, the FDA may take additional enforcement steps, such as issuing warning letters or initiating seizures, injunctions, or criminal charges.

The FDA advises consumers who have used any products containing these ingredients to stop taking them and consult their health care professional immediately. The FDA also encourages consumers to seek guidance from a health care professional before purchasing weight loss products.

The health risks posed by these products can be very serious and include high blood pressure, seizures, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), palpitations, heart attack, and stroke. Sibutramine, a controlled substance, was found in many of these products at levels much higher than the maximum daily dosage for Meridia, the only FDA-approved drug product containing sibutramine. These higher levels of sibutramine can increase the incidence and severity of these health risks. Fenproporex, another controlled substance, can cause arrhythmia and possible sudden death.

Health care professionals and consumers should report serious adverse events (side effects) or product quality problems to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail, fax or phone.

Online: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm
    Regular Mail: use postage-paid FDA form 3500 available at: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms.htm and mail to MedWatch, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787
    Fax: 800- FDA-0178
    Phone: 800- FDA-1088

• Do
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    advanced wellness research inc. - Product charged for yet not ordered
    Donald Shore
    Oregon

I ordered a free trial offer of Pure Acai Berry dietary supplement from Advance Wellness Research Inc. on line. I read the information thoroughly and no where did it state that I had 14 days to try the product and cancel if not satisified. I received the product and again, the enclosed information did not state to cancell within 14 days if not satisfied. Well low and behold here comes another bottle of the product in the mail and my bank account is debited for $83.80. I called the company, and having a very hard time understanding the person on the other end, explained my situation. He kept repeating that I did not read the information as it was clearly stated in their advertisement. I repeated it did not. I wanted to speak with a supervisor but that got me no where also. I was told the best he could do was credit my account for $60 and cancell future products. I wanted the full amount credited, but that was the best he could do. This company is a fraud and is scamming people. I am furious and will spread the word any way I can to tell people not to order from this company regardless of how good their product might be or how fabulous the offer. Something needs to be done about their little scam.