ADT Security Services / criminal acts

1 Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

I ordered a ADT security system through US Alarm in Salt Lake City, Utah and the spokesman named Chris Nielson told me the installation would be $99.00, and they would bill me for the montoring service of $32.95 per month. I agreed, and an installation date was set up. I just happened to look at my bank account online the next day, and he charged my account $209.88 unstead of the agreed $99.00. When I called the company and told then to cancel my order if that was how they were going to conduct business by stealing money from my account, I was routed through the ADT office in Indiana, and they told me they would send a refund, but it would take 30 days or more! I will never use this service, and will make it my duty to tell everyone I can about this rip off!

Comments

• Ti
      26th of Jan, 2009

the worst alarm company around!!! we had our office installed with ADT 3months ago still not working .called repetedly every appointment we set they never show up. they did not even finish the install from the start

15th of Jan, 2010
    ADT Security Services - horrendous service
    ADT Security Services

I had a Wells Fargo security system installed in my home in 1985. Tyco purchased Wells Fargo in 1998 and merged the company with ADT. This is to show I have had monitoring service for about 25 years of which 12 years have been with ADT.

My husband has been on disability for the past year and a half and although I have been slightly late with my payments, I have always called ADT's billing department to tell them when my payments would be expected. On 12/18/09, I was invoiced $105 which was my quarterly payment. This is the ONLY amount that was due to them.

Tonight, I received a call from the "home office" stating I owed them $60 and that they had terminated my service. No warning, no letters, no calls prior to the one this evening. I then called their 800# billing department and spoke to a manager (Lisa) who said my service was terminated because "they had made numerous calls and no one could reach me" along with the statement that letters had been sent regarding the termination. ALL LIES!!! Funny how the "home office" could make one phone call and reach me this evening to tell me my service was cancelled. I still do not understand how in this day and age, a major company like ADT would cancel a VERY long-time customer over a $60 bill that wasn't even 30 days late?

To that I say "GOOD RIDDANCE"!!! After reading the numerous online complaints about ADT that outnumber other monitoring services by 20 to 1, I can only hope homeowners do their research before signing up with a company who has zero value for their customers. I will also be asking my 3 family members who signed up (on my recommendation) with Wells Fargo back in 1985 to terminate THEIR relationship with ADT due to the unscrupulous way they do business.

• Po
      3rd of Mar, 2010
    ADT Security Services - horrible system
    adt.com

Previous ADT S Employee (Authorized Dealer)... ADT still after 3 months has yet to give back my deposit I put down for a badge and books!! How many other are they doing this?

With a 80% turn-over rate - ALOT of Employees...

• Do
      9th of Mar, 2010

I'd like to add some more information to ADT Security Service. Please be wary in entering into a contract with this company. There are plenty of providers out there that do not need a contractual obligation. They lock you into a 3 year deal which is not so bad as long as the service works with your configuration. If you break the service they are unwilling to negotiate or discuss any terms to ease the pain and it is 75% of the remaining contract plus a 30 day notice so becareful when you sign a contract with these guys. Customer Service is horrible and they are not interested in helping there customers. There service will not work with VOIP phone system so if your considering using them with this service do not even attempt it. My personal opinion is that you should look at other options that are way more customer friendly and can use technology that was made in the 21st century like VOIP or the internet.

Bottom Line do not use ADT Home or Business Security Service.

• Gi
      28th of Aug, 2010

OMG, I was considering using ADT for home security...but after reading all the horrible comments from all over the country,
    I WILL NOT EVER consider using ADT. I already had very similar experiences with customer service with AT&T and double billing and not ever receiving my over payment refunds. Thank you to all who made these posts...thank God for the internet.

Gail in Ohio

• Li
      10th of Feb, 2011

South Carolina Residents can be assured of our commitment to honesty and service. Please visit http://1stpriorityalarm.com where Protecting You and Your Family is Our First Priority

• St
      18th of Jun, 2011

I have spent more than 5 months trying to cancel my dead mother's account with ADT/Broadview/Brinks security. My mother had the truly bad judgment to die without tattooing her security code on her 90 year old body -- and despite repeated calls, faxes of death certificates, faxes of estate info, they keep taking money out of her account each month. Crooks. Incompetent crooks. I've notified the state's attorney general. You folks should too. Put them out of business now.

• Bo
      10th of Oct, 2011
    ADT Security Services - will not give code to turn on
    ADT Security Services

We have had ADT for several years. I decided to turn off the monitoring - too expensive. It was fine. One day a lady called and told my husband to disconnect. She gave him the code to disconnect. The WILL NOT give me the code to turn on. Even tho it is not monitored, if we are broken into I want it to work in case we are because the neighbors can hear it and call.

• Ag
      15th of Oct, 2011
    ADT Security Services - horrible system
    ADT Security Services

My husband and I installed an ADT wireless system about 1.5years ago. Less than 24hrs after the system was installed a technician had to come back out because a zone was in alarm. We fought zone alarms for MONTHS!! I have lost count of how many times I have been on the phone trying to figure out what was going on. They finally installed a booster more than 6months later that took care of the problem for a little while. Now we have zone alarms AGAIN and ADT flat out REFUSES to work on the system other than Mon-Fri 8am to 430pm. I am sorry but I work for a living, it cost me $500 A DAY to miss work I have missed too many days for this system that I have only actually armed three times!!! I cannot just miss "an hour or so" to wait for a technician I have to miss the entire day so please ADT please explain to me WHY ON EARTH should I pay you ANOTHER $25 and loose $500 to come to my house AGAIN when I am sure this won't work either.

23rd of Oct, 2011
    ADT Security Services - no protection!
    ADT Security Services

ADT does not delliver on protection or on customer service. In October of last year, our contractor turned off the system. It immediately sounded an alarm and he wasn't sure what to do because he didn't have the secret code to turn it off. He was amazed that no one from ADT ever called to check on us or our house. When we found this out a few weeks later, we called ADT to ask why they had not checked on us or our home to make sure we were okay and why - since they were receiving no signal from our house - had they not come out to check. . They had no answer. We asked them to send someone out to get the system working so that they could deliver on protecting our home. No one showed up. We called and asked for a refund for the time they were not protecting our home. They refused.
    We called Comcast to ask for help. They responded immediately and were out the next day. They put their home protection system in and it works flawlessly. We have inadvertently set off the alarm twice. Both times they responded within seconds. We feel secure in our home. Now, we just want our money back from ADT! Beware of this company. They don't even deserve one star, but the rating system requires that as a minimum!

• Ha
      4th of Aug, 2012

I wish I lost $500 by missing a single day of work--that would come to at least $125K work income a year, 3 times what I make and plenty of money to be able to cover a few unpaid days off each year! ;)
    I just wondered if you had a resolution to this issue. Did they ever fully fix it? We're considering getting an ADT system...