ADT / liars
For all the good opinions, just wait till you want to cancel…
I signed up for ADT when I moved into my new house 4 yrs ago. I already had the security systems installed and I called them asked for monitoring service.
The sales rep came in and signed me for 3 yrs for 34.99/month. He never once mentioned it was a three year contract. I just bought the house and didn't read the fine print carefully...
After a year when I tried to cancel, they told me it's a 3-yr contract and basically told me I deserved it. Not only that, they raised rate on me and told me although I was bound by the contract, the fine prints said they could raise rates any time they wanted.
At last, 3-yr passed and I tried to cancel, they immediately lower the rate to 19.99/month without contract on month-by-month basis, I said OK - big mistake.
After 11 months I tried to cancel again, the representative was very rude and said I was under contract, I said no and he demanded proof. I said you guys told me on the phone last year...
After very lengthy conversation, they finally gave in... But as a FAVOR to me!
It's a terrible experience, they were very nice to sign you up, once you are on the hook, they would try anything and everything to squeeze you... unbelievable practice
I'll never deal with the company again.
More ADT Complaints & Reviews
- ADT Security Services - horrible customer service and faulty product! 
- ADT - employee discrimination! 
- ADT - unreliable system 
- ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. - bad billing, bad customer relations 
- ADT Security Services - adt - checks in the mail... 
- ADT Security Services - home service
- ADT Security Services - consumer products - security system installation
- ADT Security Services - billing/charges
- ADT Security Services - damages done to my home, ceiling & ceiling fan
- ADT Security Services - customer service is very bad for certain representatives