Adore Cosmetics / scam

Grand Canal Shoppes, Las Vegas, United States Review updated:

Where do I begin? Everything about this company is a scam.

I encountered these products at the Grand Canal Shoppes inside the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. Two women were offering samples to people walking by. I took one and was immediately engaged in a conversation. She then offered me a "gift bag, " walking back into the store and offering the gift bag to me from there. Of course, I had to enter the store to take the bag and before I knew it, she had given me several more samples and then handed me off to another salesperson for a free trial of their products. The women I encountered were very charming in a used car salesman way - offering tons of compliments, asking questions, playing up the product, etc. Once she dropped the $600 price tag for one set of products, we politely said no thanks and that's when the game began. The price was dropped by 45% and then the salesperson added a free set to the deal if I bought that day. As she continued to talk about the product with my mother, I pulled out my cell phone to read the reviews of this product. When the salesperson saw what I was doing, she stormed off to the front of the store and engaged her colleagues in a heated conversation in a foreign language. We got up and were stopped by another salesperson as we walked out of the store. "What were you looking at on your phone?" she demanded. I replied that I was looking at reviews of the product but hadn't found much (which was true). She asked me more questions about the reviews, stating that the company had a lot of "hackers" if I found anything bad. She also mentioned that her colleague, the one who was offended by my search for reviews, was sensitive to my negative energy, since she was a...get this..."priestess." What a bizarre and unsettling interaction.

Needless to say, we left without purchasing anything. I was curious about the samples they had offered us: One sample at the front of the store, one extra gift bag offered for me for my skin type, and one gift bag for my mother in her skin type. I hadn't looked at them in the store, so it wasn't until later that I noticed that the samples they offered me were all the exact same product: hand moisturizer that had nothing to do with anyone's skin type. They were just a ploy to get us into the store. A quick glance at the chemical-filled ingredients list reinforced my suspicions that these products were actually complete garbage (mineral oil in a $40 hand lotion?).

Hours later, my mother and I were still scraping off the strange, flaky chunks left on our skin after our "collagen treatment." A quick search for reviews of these products will yield similar stories to mine, with people purchasing up to $4000 worth of products that are unreturnable. Please avoid this company.

Cw
Jul 19, 2014

Comments

• Ka
      Oct 23, 2014

I don't want to even tell you how much I spent. Seriously the worst purchase of my life.. except from maybe that universal life insurance policy.

• Jm
      Nov 18, 2014

SCAM, SHADY BUSINESS TACTICS. I agree with all of the complaints on here. This stuff starting peeling all over the place. The salesman said it was 100% guaranteed or money back. They give no refunds, NONE for any reason. They are nothing more than a store front that buys the product from the manufacture. The product isn't made where they state it's manufactured also. They care about one thing, COMMISSION. If you call the manufacture, in Miami. They will simply tell you that you should have bought on line and that they can not help you. Who doesn't stand behind their product? Spend your money on a true higher end product that will work. Research and use companies that will stand behind their products and will do what it takes to keep customers happy including returns for refunds. This product is horrible in my opinion as well as all that are affiliated with it.

• Ro
      Dec 11, 2014

I agree with the comments. Unfortunately this is kind of a tricky company, the only thing they care about is making you buy the products. They even offer you a "special discount" in order to accomplish the sale. I am really sorry I bought the kit they so skillfully offered to me.
    Rocio B.

• Be
      Jan 25, 2015

I love the productsđź’–The nourishing hand âś‹& body cream is fab O Beverly S. From Beaverton, Oregon

• De
      Jan 27, 2015

I was totally scammed for over 2000.00 I am sad to say...Very high pressure, they confuse you, they work you until you don't know what or how much you bought of the cosmetics! Then when you sign, they don't tell you you are screwed because of their policy of no returns!!! Ever!! you can return for exchange for other product. I'm so embarrassed. I argued for a half hour with manager and he did the same thing...you have to try the products...I'll send you another box of masks...So I am trying to figure out next step. I'm ticked off royally! All I want is my $ back.

• Al
      Feb 17, 2015

Its the first time I'm putting up a review because I dont want others to be tricked by their tactics. Exactly same thing happened with my parents last year when they visited Las Vegas, and they were fooled into buying a host of products of which I see no results till date. They have no information about the ingredients on the products. In store they were very panicked when my dad was about to discuss the product with another customer. They said she is buying for her salon and we offered no discounts to her and it was only for my parents...yeah right! Like we are their relatives. We were ripped! Please dont fall into their cheap tactics.

• Je
      Mar 26, 2015

I so wish I had read all of the reports above. I was actually in the store (just like all the people above) and took the free gift and had the demonstration and was looking up the product on line when the "talented demonstrator distracted me " and I did not finish looking up until after my stupid stupid mistake of buying the product and not reading the "no refund" info on the ticket. DO NOT even go into the stores. We were at the Flamingo to see the beautiful Donny and Marie show and where just wandering around and the girl gave us a sample. When the product came to me -- I refused it and sent the whole product back to them hoping they would refund my money. Didn't happen. I am sick and have lost many nights with my stupid purchase. Don't Don't Don't do it!!!

Mar 29, 2015

I also wish I had seen this before my experience. I admit I was totally taken in by "Lucas" at Adore at Fremont in Las Vegas. He is quite the con artist, as are the other people in that store. The next day, I returned to the store and tried to cancel the other items that supposedly were to be shipped to my home at a later date, because I was traveling. The woman I spoke to (Lucas was conveniently unavailable) she said our policy is "No Returns Exchanges Only". I pointed out that they still had the products in their possession. (I had left the store the day before with 3 items, so they still owed me 17.) She said it made no difference, and repeated their policy. I said I was calling my credit card company to stop payment so she very smugly responded "that was what they had attorneys for". My purchase was such an embarrassment to me, I lost over $3, 000.00 and now the Adore company is telling my credit card company that I left the store the day of purchase with everything. Because my name appears on the receipts I apparently don't have a leg to stand on. So now, in addition to the expense, I also don't have the products.

• Ct
      Apr 05, 2015

I had the exact same experience as described above at the Rodeo Drive store. Cannot believe I was so scammed. But, I gues we all fell into to the "fountain of youth" BS they sold us. I do have a very good attorney, however, and will pursue this. Media might be interested as well.

Apr 20, 2015

I don't know where the consumer protection teams are when it comes to this company / unbelievable thieves with illegal product performance claims. Iit is a company out if Israel that sources all the underlying cheap scam product - they then repackage it in really expensive looking packaging and rent high end location retail outlets with the latest company name and packaging until the social media catches up with them and they move to their next company name! The formula is always the same! I am currently at a hilton resort in Haeaii and was appalled to be grabbed by the "Adore" cosmetics sample girls scam (and this line of course has 24 karat gold in it as a trace ingredient again - a few business cycles ago they had a d'oro something or other line with gold) I am from Marin County Califilornia and less than a year ago had the same sleazy sales experience at a high end mall / only that scam store and product name (same Israelie based company) was "Forever Flawless" and their face peel and insanely priced line with just a slight twist of Bejeweled packaging design was made with Diamond Powder...seriously... Google it. I stupidly bought the peek and moisturizer ... Noticed the ingredients after the fact... And then found yet another old product line from them from earlier scam periods on Amazon for peanuts... Now they are going "organic" maybe the regulators can catch up with them in time... But their patter is to shut down the store front and latest named "[protected]@ and move on. They are making a killing with foreign and cheap labor, product that cost little to create and convincing folks to spend thousands on their uber luxury line in their temporary gypsy tents on steroids (really nice storefronts that scream high -end) it is the ultimate example of "it's all on the packaging". stay away - and PLEASE complain to the real estate management and local chamber of commerce in your area!!!

Apr 20, 2015

I wish I would have read these reviews. I was in Rodeo Drive when the sales person approached me with the hand cream. I feel so foolish believing that this was a reputable company because they were located in such a prestigious location. I got caught up in the scam and purchased the products. I also tried researching the product before I bought it but the sales girl distracted me and I didn't finish looking into the products. I had a very bad allergic reaction to this product. I tried on multiple occasions to contact the company but have not been able to reach them. I disputed the charge with my credit card company but was unsuccessful. Stay away from this company you will regret it

• Ce
      May 01, 2015

I was scammed at the Miracle Mile store in Las Vegas off Planet Hollywood. There is no price list for products. The price is whatever they talk you into and they are very smooth con artists in a three step process. 1. You are lured into the store with a bag of free samples of their products, which actually are three hand lotion samples and a card for a "Free" $600 worth facial; 2. You are placed into a reclining chair and a charming young person is putting some goop under your eye which does appear to have an instant smoothing effect. It turns out that this product, which I was told to use for seven consecutive nights and then once a month under my eyes, is not specifically for eyes. It's their Instans Face Lift. It flakes off in a couple hours and if you have any allergies, your eyes are puffy and red. 3. If you make the first purchase (for me $600 -- for my friend who'd been in earlier, $400), you are taken into the facial room behind for the "free" facial. The facial consists of putting their facial collagen mask on half your face and letting it sit until a sufficient time has elapsed and she takes part of it off your forehead so you can see the reduction in a forehead line. Anything you order after the first purchase is to be shipped. They do not apparently have the products in stock. After repeatedly asking to see what I was paying for, I got a list for a total of $1, 995 of products to be shipped that I didn't look at fully until I got home from Vegas two days later. On the list were the two products I bought in the store that I was being charged for again and a whole list of items that supposedly were "thrown in" that I did not order or want. I simply wanted the mask. I canceled the order and the company did not ship the products. I am now disputing the charges and getting the same company line of no refunds, only store credit within fourteen days. It appears to me that with this many complaints, a class action suit would be a good alternative to individual lawsuits.

• El
      May 11, 2015

Not only Adore, but I think that Epidermis Beauty Boutique is a sister company in Atlantic City, NJ. Same techniques, Look alike sales people, all lie, if you make a purchase, they hug you, they do not answer to any e-mail or phone calls on the addresses and phone numbers they provide you on their business cards. These people operate in high priced tourist places. They like to scam out-of-state people who will have difficulty to engage a lawyer who is willing to work cross country, who would need to travel to another state's small claims court or unable to place a complaint in their own state. These salespeople sell you their demo jars that are opened and the products used - therefore you can not even exchange what they made you buy unless you open the shopping bag, open the bottle take a photo to prove that the seal is missing. I was taken for thousands of dollars and my credit card company refused to help me. I am not sure yet if the AG office or FTC will look into their practices. See the photo of one of the product I bought. Does it look like it is new?

• Jm
      May 11, 2015

I visiited the San Francisco store and the Israeli husband and wife were very adept at the same tactics.
    She slipped a product into my bag and charged me when I did not ask for it or want it. I got back to my hotel and as they had closed I went back the next day to return it and to explain I had not asked for the product nor should I have been charged. The same couple of course was not there and the girl who was there had no idea how to process a credit. I still have the managers voice mail telling me he would issue a credit on my Amex card which I never received. The 2013 article in a trade magazine should read these reviews and retract allof the BS that was written by the so called President. I would not buy from them again as their high pressure and dishonest practices are awful. I would recommend that everyone report them to the BBB in the state where you bought or even in your own so maybe the company will be poorly rated and their scams dealt with

• Aj
      May 21, 2015

This is a totally fraudulent scam/pressurized marketing Israel based operation using way substandard and often harmful mediocre cosmetics.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE & raise awareness with appropriate consumer authorities.

• Ta
      May 26, 2015

AVOID BY ALL MEANS!!!
    I agree with all the comments. This is a gross SCAM. Aggressive marketing techniques, absolutely ridiculous prices and pure lies. The worst purchase I ever made in my life but a good lesson. Never Again!

• Do
      Jun 17, 2015

My niece and I were visiting St. Augustine and while strolling down the quaint street of local shops were offered a small sample packet of hand lotion. We said thank you and the handsome young gentleman proceeded to inform me that he had another free sample inside the store for me. We were ushered into seats and he applied some organically made "dead cell removal cream" to our wrist area. After letting it "work" he gently rubbed the area and told us the residue was dead skin cells...really?? Anyway, we listened politely as he tried to get us to purchase a jar of this stuff, for a ridiculous price, and kept throwing in other products. He had a very heavy Israeli accent and neither one of us understood the actual price since it kept changing every time he added something to the "deal." I simply told him that I would like to do some research on the products before I would purchase anything. We got out of there quick! When I got home I immediately checked the Internet for Adore Cosmetics and found all of the complaints and negative reviews. I smelled a scam and I was right! I think I will stick with Elizabeth Arden (which, by the way the salesman said was over-priced and made with harmful chemicals). Everyone needs to be on the lookout for this scam company; apparently they change their name every 6 months or so, once the word gets around.

• Dc
      Jul 01, 2015

I am Thankful for the chance to read all of your stories. I feel like a big fool. But I was also scammed by this company. I was on vacation with my kids and was ushered into a big scam in St Augustine. The music was loud it was hard to understand them and they pilled on the products. When I noticed the price later that night all the wonderful feeling melted away. The sting was even worse when I read the "No Refund" A fool and his/her money are soon part.

• So
      Jul 02, 2015

I wish I could have told them to screw off. I totally agree with this post and the comments. I live up here in Canada and to be honest, I was scammed (for a fairly low amount but with my income it was a fair bit) as well. It really does seem that the company pays for good reviews on their dollar store products. I was scammed into buying their nail grooming kit. Long story short, it's a good lesson, and now I know to avoid this company like the plague if this ever happens to me again. Also, now I'll know to tell salesmen like this where to shove it. Some of them do mean to do well, but these guys... they do not care what happens to your wallet. I could have bought something much better for the $56 CAD I spend there.
    In other words, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm not about to spend another bunch of money on so-called "organic and chemical-free" products. They claimed for their products to be all-organic and free of chemicals. It's a bunch of lies, because most people would have a hard time even saying what was in their hand lotion that was sold to me. If you can't say the ingredients, I don't recommend buying it. You're better off buying these "high-end cosmetics" at a dollar store for what they're worth or pharmacy if you need them.

• Cc
      Jun 12, 2017

@some people can go shove it I also live in Canada and I was totally scammed the product I purchased was 470.00 a Vine Vera Syringe and it was empty NOTHING IN IT!!! When I took it back to get a refund they would only give me 199.00 as it was part of a package ?!?!? what package all I bought was the Syringe... Stay away!! everyone..

• Al
      Jul 07, 2015

We just had the same bad/expensive experience on Nantucket. They do not inform you that there are no refunds. We plan on complaining to the FDA and local chamber of commerce.

• Bi
      Jul 20, 2015

The guy selling this stuff got totally pissed at me when he gave his sell spill and I told him I had no money and no credit card he said where r ur credit cards or atm I said I'm just lookin at Fremont Street no sense in bringing a card or money he got so pissed but the crap felt like Elmer's glue probably is could not get stuff off my face quick enuff some of these reviews say it all

Jul 24, 2015

This is the biggest Scam going. We walked into the store in Key West. We were told that the eye serum would reduce wrinkles. It did for the time we were in the store. It felt like salt under the eye. The sales person asked to see my credit card and took it from me. The price for the products kept going down and the sales person kept throwing stuff in. I asked what is their policy if one is allergic to the products. She said to call Customer Service with any concerns. Did not know that there is a 14 day exchange policy. No stores in New York, where to exchange. Became highly allergic, tried to dispute with Amex, they could not do anything because of their return policy. I have learned that I will not buy in a small store. If this had happened with any products sold in a department store, even on the TV or the Internet the problem of getting a refund would not have occurred. I will be contacting the Attorney General in the State of Florida about this Scam

• Be
      Aug 03, 2015

I visited West Palm and had a similar experience. I bought 800.00 worth of product. When I said I can't afford what the beautiful and kind sales person afforded, they proposed a different price. Offered a facial if I came back in a couple of days and when I said I couldn't, did it on the spot. I was sold more product after that and told to speak with all of my friends and recommend it to them. My face looked great at first and felt refreshed. The rub is that the products I was told were made in the us and organic was totally a lie. The boxes are made in the us and the products contain organic ingredients which according to the bottles are made in Israel. The list of incredibly toxic chemicals I avoid like the plaque in my US purchases are loaded in this stuff.
    After buying a host of products and thinking I got a deal, I was scammed. Stay away from these people and their products!!! I'm horribly embarrassed that I was so taken.

• St
      Aug 07, 2015

I also got scammed but only for 600.00 at freemont street, in vegas, the product when I got home had a big air pocket in it, I called adore and they were working with me to send a replacement product, and apoligized, after several emails between us I recieved no replacement product and no more email responses to mine. STAY AWAY! The stuff does work for a little bit, but after a week you are to apply 3 times a week, it was just turning my checks red, I do not have sensitive skin, also the product in its own container started drying out, crystalizing its self, its junk.

Aug 20, 2015
    Adore Cosmetics - Best product I found ever

I don't think people giving time to write good reviews!
    I went to the flag store in Miami
    I had bought some eyes products and cleansers
    Everything seems working great and the staff was professional

• Za
      Aug 22, 2015

I don;t know why some people are disagreeing. The products are very good! The staff was very nice and professional Recommended for sure!

• De
      Aug 22, 2015

I am thankful to this product as my skin is dry and sensitive. I get irritation very quickly and my whole face swollen with makeups. But with this product i can make up my face at any time and don't have to worry about irritation. They just checked my skin qualities and gave me the best that suit my skin . I am glad that i came here

Apr 12, 2018

@deen00 You work for Adore Cosmetics!!

• Pe
      Aug 22, 2015

I really love ADORE COSMETICS because it was very helpful to maintain my skin, in past i have some bad skin issues but when i buy ADORE COSMETICS and used it, i am really very happy with ADORE COSMETICS. Perfect for our skin. Really made us look younger.

Apr 12, 2018

@peacekeep12 You work for Adore Cosmetics or you get commissions for your opinions!!

• Ca
      Aug 22, 2015

I recently visited the ADORE COSMETICS store in Miami beach and purchased some skin care products for me and my mom and now i can actually see instant result on my eyes and face. The result was amazing everyone was just amazed to see me in such wonderful skin condition also the staff was very nice and professional and the cellmax set is working much great than Botox or any other anti aging products i ever tried. i recommend everyone to buy it and use it fast...

Apr 12, 2018

@catchmeup1992 You work for Adore cosmetics...shame on you!!

• Th
      Aug 22, 2015

ADORE COSMETICS is the best cosmetics for my skin..It really turn my skin myoung..Even i can not beleive what happend..Great costume.And it is good for all with sensitive skin..Do not think twice try and see the difference..

•   Aug 23, 2015

I Visit the ADORE COSMETICS Store in Miami Beach and I Buy the Skin Care Products, After I using a Products I Found the Products are Really Good for my Sensitive Skin. The Staff are Professional and Caring. The Cellmax Set Working Great than Botox. I Recommend to Visit the Store and Buy the skin Care Products.

Aug 23, 2015

Aug 24, 2015

Finally, i have something that makes my skin feel and look good.
    Especially, for my skin.. it is the best product i ever tried. I recommend all people to try it at least once..
    I guarantee you guys you will be satisfied..

• Cr
      Aug 24, 2015

I cherish the items and you at last discovered something that works great on your sensetive skin. I went by the area in miami shoreline and bought some healthy skin items for me and that I can really see moment result on my eyes and face.The staff was very nice and professional, the cellmax set working much great than Botox or ant other anti aging products you might have ever tried.

• Re
    Adore Cosmetics - Misrepresenting products, very high pressure, overcharged,
    Galleria mall
    Ft Lauderdale
    Adorecosmetics.com

I was approached at the Galleria mall in Ft Lauderdale by two overly charming pushy salesmen who convinced me to buy Adore cosmetics. Upon leaving the store, I realized that I that I had been talked into spending way too much money on products I really didn't want. Since I am a senior citizen and don't drive at night, I returned first thing the next day to return the products. It was at that time that I was informed of their no return policy. After much hassle they agreed to reduce the price by about 70% which was still way too much. At that point I figured I would try to get the money back through my credit card company. However, Adore cosmetics refused to cooperate and I'm stuck with the products.
    I tried using the products. They irritate my face and eyes. They are highly perfumed and are not suitable for sensitive skin. If approached run the other way.

Aug 25, 2015

i love the products and i finally found something that works good on your sensetive skin

Aug 25, 2015

i love the products and i finally found something that good on your sensetive skin. i had so sad of my skin . one day my friend suggested me to use miami. then i bought it. the staff was so professional. now i am so happy. it helped me to be skinned and more charming. i just love it. thankyou

• La
      Aug 25, 2015

wow. its a huge effective product for me. it brought huge change on my face and eye.when i visited the location in miami beach and purchase some skin care products for me and that i can actually see instant result on my eyes and face.

Aug 27, 2015
    Adore Cosmetics - Best product i have ever seen

I was worry about my skin but when i visited the location in miami beach and purchase some skin care products for me and that i can actually see instant result on my eyes and face. That the staff was very nice and professional. The cellmax set working much great than Botox or ant other anti aging products you ever tried I love this product.

Apr 12, 2018

@james649 Do you work for Adore Cosmetics?

• Ek
      Sep 09, 2018

@Bkind2all You can almost tell when they mention about Botox .. don’t know why they hate Botox..

• Wa
      Sep 04, 2015
    Best Best Advice

The sudden spate of grammatically incoherent reviews raving about how wonderful the Adore products are simply raise even more red flags. All of these reviews follow similar patterns of English language control, and given that they were all posted within an 8 day period, I'd say these are written by the company's representatives.

Apr 12, 2018

@WaryMary I totally agree. It is very obvious plus the identical use of lower case i's written for the word 'I'.

• Ek
      Sep 09, 2018

@WaryMary They all mention about “better than Botox” and staff being “nice and professional “ lol