Adorama / customer service

NY, United States Review updated:

Worst company ever! Will never shop with them again. They claim to help and make them selves look good on these complaint sites but they are horrible. They are all connected and defend eachother. Such a phony company. B&h is the place to go!

Gh

Comments

• Se
      Jan 02, 2011

Customer Service an F minus. I purchased a Tamron 18-270 lens that came with a rebate. I immediately submitted for the rebate. Next day I realized that the manual focus did not work. I called customer service and was told since the box is not in the same condition that it was sent to me I cannot return the product. In order to return the lens the box must be in perfect shape. Leah the customer service representative offered to buy the lens back at a discount since it was not new. Very nice offer. I explained to her that the lens was shipped damaged not the box. All she cared about was the box. She could care less that a $599 lens was shipped damaged. Even tough I ordered the lens by phone she said it was my responsibility to go on the web and read the return policy. I asked why I was not informed at time of purchase. She said that it is to long for the phone salesmen to tell everybody who purchased a product. Beware that almost anything voids the return policy. I asked to speak to a manager which she refused to let me. She would not even give a name or email address. I will never purchase from them again. There are many other choices out there that will be happy to have your business and stand behind the sale.

•   Jan 03, 2011

I do regret your dissatisfaction, and wonder if you misunderstood the advice you were given by Leah.

We listened to the tape of the conversation, and you were advised that although we would be unable to take the unit back for exchange because of the missing UPC code from the box, you can certainly send it to Tamron for repair.

This isn’t a case of us being awkward; it is part of our contract with Tamron which means we are not permitted to take back a box with a missing UPC code.

I appreciate that it is inconvenient for you but our hands are tied.

The contact details for Tamron are here: http://www.tamron-usa.com/contact/default.asp

If you need assistance with anything else, you are most welcome to email me directly: [protected]@adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

•   Sep 04, 2011

Firstly, please accept my thanks for enabling us to use this forum as an opportunity to tell the readers what the majority of customers think of us.

As you can see here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Adorama
    our customer feedback at resellerratings is 9.62/10. Not quite yet a ‘perfect 10’ but headed in the right direction!

Here are some of the most recent customer comments:

5/5 posted Aug-02-2011 "Adorama experience has always been good. choice good, prices fair. I ordered several times with them directly, after first finding them on ebay. shipment seemed a little faster on my latest order - perhaps they have changed their fulfilment house? my first stop for technical (not just cameras) online."

5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "Their website is great. Easy to navigate. And they have a lot of product reviews and videos which is pretty awesome. This won't be the last time I shop there."
    5/5 posted Aug-01-2011"Very fast shipping and the item received was cheap but not cheaply made. A+"
    5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "Very Good Company. I received shipping information almost right away. The product came in a very timely manner. The product was well packaged. The web site is easy to deal with. Overall very happy."

5/5 posted Aug-01-2011"Fast service and much better price than competitors that Nikon recommended"

5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "It was all good, I've ordered the wrong item online and I had to call customer service to change the order in the next day, they've helped me choose the right item and best of all the new item was sent together with the original shipment. Thanks adorama!"

5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "I have purchased items from Adorama throughout the years without any issues. I recently ordered an LCD flatscreen TV. Nine days after delivery I noticed Adorama had the same TV at the same price, but was now offering free shipping.
    I contacted Adorama and asked what their policy was concerning this and within 24 hours a refund of the shipping charges was made and applied to my credit card."
    5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "Adorama had the ink cartridges cheaper than anyone else on the web including shipping. The order process was seamless and as long as they keep these low prices I would shop again at there site. Transit time was very acceptable considering it was free. I am a happy customer. Thank You!!!"
    5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "Shipping and service were incredibly fast. Will gladly continue shopping here."

5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "Have been shopping at Adorama over 5 years and yet to have a problem. Customer service is great when you do have question. I thought they were only a photography place but it turn out they carry other products I use. Toners and inks at a competitive price."
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "Excellent...my order arrived much before the expected date."
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "I have shopped Adorama for almost 8 years now, and they are simply among the Best-in-Class. Most impressively, their AdoramaPix.com website delivers the highest quality prints of any web-based photo printing service that I have tried...and I've used many! Their photo books produced with real photographs are light years better than any other I have tried. AdoramaPix has a rare accomplishment...the best price AND the best quality.

I give them my HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION"
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "The website was easy to use. the price was right and the delivery right on time."
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "Very fast and efficient. I know I can rely on their products to be fresh and appropriate."
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "My experience with Adorama could not be better. Based on my experience ordering batteries and accessories from Adorama, I will be making future major photo purchases from them as well. The shipping is incredibly quick, and has been completely accurate. There are no surprises, substitutions, etc. The prices are always very competitive, and I couldn't ask for more from a photo dealer.
    All online vendors should be this way."
    5/5 posted Jul-29-2011 "Adorama is great! I ordered a Spyder 3 Pro Display calibration system, knowing that it was out of stock and would be back ordered, but the price was better than anyone else. That was on 7/22, and by 7/29 I had received the order."