Having problems with Adorama?

800 815 0702 (Customer Service)
+1 212 741 0063 (NYC Retail Store)
+1 212 741 0466 (Customer Service)
42 West 18th Street (Between 5th & 6th Ave.'s)
New York, New York

Toll-Free: 800 815 0702
Fax: +1 212 645 4533

Photo Lab / AdoramaPix.com
Toll-Free: 888 216 6400

Federal Government/GSA Sales (Purchase orders)
Toll-Free: 888 209 5558
Fax: +1 212 741 1027

Education (Purchase orders)
Toll-Free: 888 582 2500
Fax: +1 212 741 9087

State and Local Government (Purchase orders)
Toll-Free: 888 582 2500

Fax: +1 212 741 0467

All other inquires

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved sells damaged merchandise

I ordered a canon speedlite 430 exii on december 10, 2012 and received it in a timely fashion; however, after...

Resolved I definitely will not recommend this site

Adorama offered a free POGO cloud (they stated it was valued at $149) in a bundle with Adobe Photoshop on BRADSDEALS. Because there was no weekend customer support, I sent a note containing the BRADSDEALS offer and said I wanted to ensure they included the cloud with the order, which I placed because it was such a good deal with the cloud. Instead of verifying that they were not honoring the free offer, they sent me a note that they had shipped Adobe Photoshop and I could get the cloud free if I bought a warranty ... with no mention of the different offer on BRADSDEALS. I put a comment on BRADSDEALS that Adorama did not honor their offer, and BRADSDEALS withdrew it from the website, but no one responded to my comment, although I copied Adorama. I'm not sure that I'll keep their product, but I definitely will not recommend this site.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Nov 29, 2012

I was surprised and not a little disappointed to see that the poster above cited Adorama as being culpable in this review.

We exchanged a couple of emails yesterday, and I had thought she would have understood from my response to her yesterday, that I was actively working on her behalf to resolve this and ensure that she was not penalized for an error made by a 3rd party site - even though we actually have no control over what such sites can post, and can bear no responsibility. Otherwise we would be held to account every time anybody, including any direct competitors, posted anything on the Internet that could damage us commercially.

I have requested that she amend this posting to indicate that BradsDeals were at fault here, and not Adorama. BradsDeals are NOT part of Adorama Camera and we have no commercial interest in that website.

As the customer is aware, we have a 30-day returns period - and although BradsDeals are accountable for advertising this product incorrectly, as I indicated to her yesterday, I was more than happy to do my best to work towards accommodating her so that she would suffer no financial loss.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Nov 29, 2012

If you go to this link: http://www.adorama.com/pages/vip you can sigtn up for VIP membership - which ios free - and take advantage of the free cloud storage.

Helen[email protected]

• Lu
    Lucas Xavier Dec 11, 2013

For 4 days I've been sending emails to the customer service of ADORAMA online store without no answer. They sent me a tracking number of a "drop shipping" that I never have successfully track.

Resolved gift certificate promotion scam of adorama

I have made a purchase of over $1000 on Adorama.com and used the visa gift certificate promotion of adorama. I received $50 gift certificate (maximum amount of the promotion). I used it once for a $19.99 product. When I was trying to use it again, I found that $30 left in the gift certificate was gone.
I was told by the customer service that the so called gift certificate of Adorama is only good for 'one time' use. I did find these in section of 'terms and conditions' lengthy and in small fonts towards the end of email delivering the 'gift certificate'.
I tried to request a $30 gift certificate since apparently adorama tried its best to mislead consumer to call a one-time coupon a 'gift certificate' without specifying the most important 'terms' in an obvious place. I was denied three times by different customer-no-service personnel.
So, Adorama is trying to allure consumer by its 'gift certificate' promotion, then rips off us. Adorama doesn't have customer service! Be Careful with this company!!

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Nov 28, 2012

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience when using your Visa Gift Certificate given to you by Adorama Camera. As you noted, it does state in the terms and conditions of use that it is for one-time use and no change can be given - but I do appreciate how disappointing it must have been for you that you didn't see this at the time you were using it.

I really don't know at this stage whether I'm able to do anything to help you, but if I can, I will. However, I will need you to email me with your Adorama order number or your customer number, and we can take it from there.

Once again, my deepest apologies for the inconvenience and frustration that this has caused, and I look forward to hearing from you: Helen[AT]adorama(dot)com

Resolved horrible customer service

Placed an order with adorama for a photography studio kit from manfrotto. The pieces in the kit were "sold as kit only" yet when we got our shipment we only had 1/2 of the kit. The other half was on back order. Needing these items very quickly I called up their customer service and they said they did not have an e. T. A. From the manufacturer. They said they would call manfrotto and find out when it should arrive and call me back that do. No call. Went through entire process the next day, same process. No call. After a couple more times of this I called manfrotto myself and they said all they need is a p. O. Number. Called back adorama. First try, they did not have access to p. O. Number and had no way to get it. Second time (Same person) "oh yeah, we have that in our system". Got p. O. Found out shipping date. Got tracking number and info (From manfrotto) and called adorama when products arrived there to see when we could get them. Adorama had no idea what the e. T. A. Was since it was on back order. I provided them with manfrotto's phone number (Found through google), the contact person and their extension, the p. O. Number, the tracking number and the courier's name. They said they would check with manfrotto and call me back. No call. Now almost a month later I am ready to cancel our order, ship the 1/2 back that they sent us and buy from someone else. Our studio has been held up long enough.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Mar 15, 2012

I was really concerned to read your feedback, and first please accept my sincere apologies for what has clearly been a deeply disappointing and frustrating experience. From your description of the communication with our offices I’m not surprised that you are upset – in your position I’m sure I would be feeling the same way.

Please allow me to assure you that this is not the level of service we expect from our representatives, and I would welcome the opportunity to investigate your complaint - but would need additional information such as your order number.

Would it be possible for you to email me directly: [email protected]?

Once again my apologies, and I do look forward to hearing back from you, and to making this right as quickly as possible.

• Mo
    Mortaine Jul 02, 2012

I purchased a camera sling case… I needed to find out if an extension strap that they sold would fit the case I got. I called them and was passed n t some rep that proceeded to tell me that I should go on a diet! Great customer service! Obviously I tried to follow up and conveniently they can not find the tape of the call! Shop at our local camera shop. They will take better care of you. Internet giants like adorama do not care about their clients! They are great at insulting them! I will never do business with them again!

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Jul 02, 2012

I'm extremely disappointed; this customer contacted me directly about this matter, we exchanged several emails and I apologized at length, several times.

We took immediate and decisive action according to our internal procedures, and informed the customer of this. He assured me that he would discontinue posting his allegations across the Internet and yet he continues to do so.

At this point it might not be inappropriate to wonder whether the customer is using this allegation to try and secure some kind of personal benefit.

Resolved scammers

I purchased a brand new Konica Minolta printer magicolor 1600W from adorama.com. It arrived to me as broken, and would not print the colors as expected. My understanding, as a retailer, adorama.com is responsible for customer service, but they refused straightly. They left me to deal with manufacturer. I wonder why they call themselves retailer if do not take responsibility for replacing the DOA stuff. However, I ended up wasting more than 2 hours with manufacturer, but still not solved. I guess now I have to get a refurbished printer in spite of paying the price of new printer. Adorama is lier and thief, some of their attitude:

1. They dont honor their 30 day return policy. Out right lier.
2. Their free shipping is not really free, if you even want to return a DOA item, they charge 40 USD for it.
3. They are not retailer, they just recycle the second hand items (my printer box was already open and re-sealed)
4. Its worth spending few extra bucks at amazon, buy.com or new egg, who just send the RMA with once sentence email.

Buyers, I just burnt my 120 bucks, hope this review will save yours. Best of luck.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Nov 07, 2011

Firstly, please accept my deepest apologies. I'm unable to identify your transaction from your posting, but I can promise you that we absolutely will take this item back in accordance with our 30-day returns period. I can only think that the CS rep you spoke to mis-understood, or was perhaps not trained sufficiently well.

Could you please email me directly with your order number: [email protected] so that I can arrange this for you?

Once again my apologies, and I do look forward to hearing back from you and making this right for you.

Resolved customer service

Worst company ever! Will never shop with them again. They claim to help and make them selves look good on these complaint sites but they are horrible. They are all connected and defend eachother. Such a phony company. B&h is the place to go!

• Se
    se55sa Jan 02, 2011

Customer Service an F minus. I purchased a Tamron 18-270 lens that came with a rebate. I immediately submitted for the rebate. Next day I realized that the manual focus did not work. I called customer service and was told since the box is not in the same condition that it was sent to me I cannot return the product. In order to return the lens the box must be in perfect shape. Leah the customer service representative offered to buy the lens back at a discount since it was not new. Very nice offer. I explained to her that the lens was shipped damaged not the box. All she cared about was the box. She could care less that a $599 lens was shipped damaged. Even tough I ordered the lens by phone she said it was my responsibility to go on the web and read the return policy. I asked why I was not informed at time of purchase. She said that it is to long for the phone salesmen to tell everybody who purchased a product. Beware that almost anything voids the return policy. I asked to speak to a manager which she refused to let me. She would not even give a name or email address. I will never purchase from them again. There are many other choices out there that will be happy to have your business and stand behind the sale.

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Jan 03, 2011

I do regret your dissatisfaction, and wonder if you misunderstood the advice you were given by Leah.

We listened to the tape of the conversation, and you were advised that although we would be unable to take the unit back for exchange because of the missing UPC code from the box, you can certainly send it to Tamron for repair.

This isn’t a case of us being awkward; it is part of our contract with Tamron which means we are not permitted to take back a box with a missing UPC code.

I appreciate that it is inconvenient for you but our hands are tied.

The contact details for Tamron are here: http://www.tamron-usa.com/contact/default.asp

If you need assistance with anything else, you are most welcome to email me directly: [email protected]

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Sep 04, 2011

Firstly, please accept my thanks for enabling us to use this forum as an opportunity to tell the readers what the majority of customers think of us.

As you can see here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Adorama
    our customer feedback at resellerratings is 9.62/10. Not quite yet a ‘perfect 10’ but headed in the right direction!

Here are some of the most recent customer comments:

5/5 posted Aug-02-2011 "Adorama experience has always been good. choice good, prices fair. I ordered several times with them directly, after first finding them on ebay. shipment seemed a little faster on my latest order - perhaps they have changed their fulfilment house? my first stop for technical (not just cameras) online."

5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "Their website is great. Easy to navigate. And they have a lot of product reviews and videos which is pretty awesome. This won't be the last time I shop there."
    5/5 posted Aug-01-2011"Very fast shipping and the item received was cheap but not cheaply made. A+"
    5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "Very Good Company. I received shipping information almost right away. The product came in a very timely manner. The product was well packaged. The web site is easy to deal with. Overall very happy."

5/5 posted Aug-01-2011"Fast service and much better price than competitors that Nikon recommended"

5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "It was all good, I've ordered the wrong item online and I had to call customer service to change the order in the next day, they've helped me choose the right item and best of all the new item was sent together with the original shipment. Thanks adorama!"

5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "I have purchased items from Adorama throughout the years without any issues. I recently ordered an LCD flatscreen TV. Nine days after delivery I noticed Adorama had the same TV at the same price, but was now offering free shipping.
    I contacted Adorama and asked what their policy was concerning this and within 24 hours a refund of the shipping charges was made and applied to my credit card."
    5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "Adorama had the ink cartridges cheaper than anyone else on the web including shipping. The order process was seamless and as long as they keep these low prices I would shop again at there site. Transit time was very acceptable considering it was free. I am a happy customer. Thank You!!!"
    5/5 posted Aug-01-2011 "Shipping and service were incredibly fast. Will gladly continue shopping here."

5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "Have been shopping at Adorama over 5 years and yet to have a problem. Customer service is great when you do have question. I thought they were only a photography place but it turn out they carry other products I use. Toners and inks at a competitive price."
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "Excellent...my order arrived much before the expected date."
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "I have shopped Adorama for almost 8 years now, and they are simply among the Best-in-Class. Most impressively, their AdoramaPix.com website delivers the highest quality prints of any web-based photo printing service that I have tried...and I've used many! Their photo books produced with real photographs are light years better than any other I have tried. AdoramaPix has a rare accomplishment...the best price AND the best quality.

I give them my HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION"
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "The website was easy to use. the price was right and the delivery right on time."
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "Very fast and efficient. I know I can rely on their products to be fresh and appropriate."
    5/5 posted Jul-30-2011 "My experience with Adorama could not be better. Based on my experience ordering batteries and accessories from Adorama, I will be making future major photo purchases from them as well. The shipping is incredibly quick, and has been completely accurate. There are no surprises, substitutions, etc. The prices are always very competitive, and I couldn't ask for more from a photo dealer.
    All online vendors should be this way."
    5/5 posted Jul-29-2011 "Adorama is great! I ordered a Spyder 3 Pro Display calibration system, knowing that it was out of stock and would be back ordered, but the price was better than anyone else. That was on 7/22, and by 7/29 I had received the order."

Resolved non-response to complaints

One year ago, I purchased an Epson printer (R1900) from Adorama (42 West 18th St., NYC). I telephoned customer service twice and wrote one return-receipt letter, each time requesting a techie to synchronize my monitor and printer (three professional photographers had been unable to repair the difficulty). Each time of attempted contact, I stated that I expect to pay for the techie. Adorama never responded to my requests (and, never explained why they could not help).
Dr. MW, New York City

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Dec 12, 2010

Dear Dr Weiss

I was concerned to read your posting, and firstly would like to apologize for any confusion, and the apparent lack of responsiveness from Adorama.

We don't actually have any Adorama technicians - we are a retailer only.
    The unit you purchased came with a full warranty from the manufacturer, Epson, and that is who you would need to contact for warranty service; we simply don't have that expertise.

You should find all the contact details you require here: http://www.epson.com/america_north.html but please do let me know if you need anything else.

poor service

Based on the info provided on their website, and I quote: "Q: How long will it take to get my book? A: Photo book orders may take up to 7 lab production days to process. Remember to also allow for shipping time, which depends on the shipping method and distance from our NYC headquarters." I ordered 2x photo books on 11/23/2010. It was explained to me that at the latest my books would be sent out to me 12/3/2010. It's now 12/10/2010 and after speaking with an unusually unsympathetic and indifferent customer service representative (Kate) this morning I've lost all hope that I will receive my books in time as promised.
Four days ago (Monday, 6/12/2010) I called and was told that one of my two photo books (ordered at the same time, same order) was finished but the second was still being processed, I was told it wouldn't take more than a day or two at most for the second to be finalized and then shipped out to me. So, two days later (Wednesday, 12/8/2010) I called again when I noticed my order status was still indicated as "pending" and spoke to Veronica. Veronica sympathized and told me that it should definitely have been completed at that time, that she could not understand what the hold up was, and that she would personally go to the printers and have them move my order to the top of the queue, she also told me that she would have it sent to me via UPS overnight service at no charge to me. Furthermore, I explained to Veronica that I was trying to have these photo books done as a Christmas present to my folks in South Africa and that shipping usually takes around 2-3 weeks due to slow postal services in SA. She assured me that my books will be sent out immediately...
So, here we are today another two days later and same scenario - status still reads "pending" and todays call put me through to Kate, who informs me: "It's the holidays, just bear with us" and " that representative you spoke to is new and doesn't know how things work here" (is that my problem or yours Kate? At least she tried to put in an effort, which is more than I can say for you). Well Kate, maybe you should update your website and have it read: "Q: How long will it take to get my book? A: Photo book orders may take UP TO 7 lab production days to process [except that most of the time we're unable to fulfill our orders on time - we're not really equipped to handle large quantities of orders at any given time. So if you think your order might be placed during a time where we might be busier than normal bear with us and triple the turnaround time]."

I've been a customer at Adorama for quite a few years now but this has been my final purchase, recently I had another issue with a Nikon module on my Metz flash (purchased from Adorama's used department) where they sent me a defective unit and I had to shoot a wedding without the appropriate module on my flash.

When I order photo books or other photo products for clients as well as for personal use from Nation's Photo Lab or WHCC or even B&H (Kellards) they always process and arrive on time and the quality is consistently impressive. As a provider of these products in a competitive market, Adorama will need to pull up their socks to become truly competitive and learn to employ friendly, courteous staff who are interested in assisting clients and resolving issues. It also doesn't hurt to remember never to over promise if there's a chance you might not be able to deliver. Rather under promise and over deliver, you'd be surprised how much return business you'll generate. Be professional and remember who keeps the boat afloat... That would be your customers Kate, in case you forgot.
Lastly Kate, I'm not interested in how flawed or incapable the system is where you work. I just want my purchase - I want it how you promised and when you promised it, keep me out of your politics because I'm just not interested.

And the supervisor you transferred me to and I left a message for still hasn't contacted me back, even after I left a message on her voicemail and sent her an email ([protected]@adorama.com). AWESOME service!!!

poor service

• Ad
    AdoramaPix Dec 12, 2010

Hi there Tony, I'm so sorry for this negative experience! This is definitely not up to our standards, and we want to make it right. Please email your order number to [email protected] so that we can investigate what happened and correct it as soon as possible.
    Our books are a much more manual process than the books put out by WHCC or Nations. We do not produce press products, our books are made using photographic technology and assembled by hand. Our books and our service have been positively reviewed in Pop Photo, among other publications, and we would not have gotten such great reviews if this was the norm for our service. Also, there may have been a quality control issue with your order making it necessary to send it back for a redo before it could be shipped to you, and if this was the case, I apologize that the customer service agent did not inform you of this, but again, we need your order number to figure all this out.
    Also, please be assured that we will speak to everyone involved to make sure that this doesn't happen again. We look forward to hearing from you and to correcting this error.

• To
    tonyfromcary Dec 12, 2010

Thank you for contacting me, here is a copy of my complaint forwarded to BBB as well as to complaintsboard.com after numerous phone calls to Adorama, promises made to me that weren't kept and false information provided on the adoramapix website. To ensure they receive my gifts in time (as is customary with my family) I've had to purchase additional replacement Christmas gifts for my parents who reside in South Africa since I did not receive the originally intended gifts (two photo books from Adorama) in the maximum time indicated on your website. With shipping time to South Africa there is no way the photo books would reach them in time anymore.

Internet order #760008_3o6g

Comments

• Ad
    AdoramaPix Dec 13, 2010

Hi this order will ship overnight today. We are very sorry for the disappointment.

Resolved scam

Hello Applicant,

I got your resume and it has been reviewed, I did appreciate it, So I will give this a GO ! I am happy to inform you that after close consideration with your resume, you have been accepted and given provisional appointment. Below are our company details and personal data for you review, please be reminded that you cannot share this information with a third party.

Business Name:ADORAMA INC.
Dun and Bradstreet # [protected]
Type of Entity: CORPORATION
Federal Tax ID#:[protected]
Registration ID: 453033

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding.
This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.As my Personal Assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;
*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring. Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
Basic wage is $400 Weekly excluding Gas expenses and compensations.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point, as I am presently in the Greece, I will be back in three Weeks. We will set up a formal interview as soon as i am back in the states.This position will be in Georgia as we are opening a new branch in Georgia,
Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. I have been checking my files and i'll need you to run some errands for me this week. I will have some funds sent to you to complete the assignment, i will get you more information on that, I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:
Personal Information
Residential Phone Number:
Mobile:

The employee, acknowledged the Detailed Job Description
and signed___________ _____________________
(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Kindly respond with requested details . Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Best regards,

Auditing Manager,
Michael Pardon
ADORAMA INC.

• Le
    LeelaZA Nov 07, 2010

Please explain how/why this is a scam. I responded to an ad on Craigslist & got a similar response from Adorama. But the guy called himself Eric Collins

• Ot
    OTP4 Nov 08, 2010

I got the same exact email in response to a craigslist ad. I googled it and found people all over the country have gotten this response. Not going there.

• Wt
    wt70 Dec 16, 2010

...Same letter here too, 3 weeks after applying. And no employer of any sort should give a "provisional" appointment to someone they've never even spoken to. He/they're probably collecting people's personal information.

• 1t
    1TaterTot May 19, 2011

This is an obvious scam. I just received a very, very similar email today after responding to a job posting on
    Craigslist also. This time, the email is from a guy named Jason Macuch. Apparently, he's in the Ukraine right now if you care. The company name is New York Insurance Company. Just a reminder for us to do our homework and don't just trust everyone on line. A company will give you an address and easy contact information before they give you their Dun and Bradstreet number. If the information is that confidential, they wouldn't just email it to you without knowing anything about you including your name!

• Pa
    panrc3 Jun 18, 2011

Same grievance. I got a response near identical to the above, in response to a short-term job ad on craigslist: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ofc/2443259840.html .

Can anybody get them off craigslist?

• Ku
    kuxha Jul 27, 2011

I purchased a brand new Konica Minolta printer magicolor 1600W from adorama.com . It arrived to me as broken, and would not print the colors as expected. My understanding, as a retailer, adorama.com is responsible for customer service, but they refused straightly. They left me to deal with manufacturer. I wonder why they call themselves retailer if do not take responsibility for replacing the DOA stuff. However, I ended up wasting more than 2 hours with manufacturer, but still not solved. I guess now I have to get a refurbished printer in spite of paying the price of new printer. Adorama is lier and thief, some of their attitude:

[email protected]

Resolved a bunch of crooks and lier..

Hi,

thanks
Deepak

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Aug 25, 2010

Dear Deepak

I was extremely concerned to read your review, and firstly would like to apologize most sincerely for your disappointment with the service you have received so far. From the description of your experience above I am not surprised that you are angry - in your position I have little doubt that I would feel the same way.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to investigate this matter myself, and would ask you to email me directly with your order number, and to forward me all the emails you have received so far from our customer service department.

I will then be able to give this my immediate attention.

Once again my apologies, and I do look forward to hearing from you.

• De
    DeepakXKumar Aug 29, 2010

Hi

An update on my original post. This time its extremely positive, thus would like to like update my original complain.

After posting the review, I happened to speak with more experienced customer service rep, and she explained me that return policy was always to accept the return in case of defective product. However, the service rep who helped me earlier was unaware of the right policy. Adorama updated their service rep manuals, as well as sent me a replacement printer promptly. Overall, it ended well, and I got a replacement printer.

Thanks
    Deepak

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Aug 29, 2010

Delighted that it all worked out, Deepak.

Please don't hesitate to come back directly to me if you ever need assistance with anything in the future.

Resolved problem

Adorama Camera sold me a binocular with both internal prisms cracked, problem that the shop refuses to admit, affirming by email and by phone that they do not sell damaged products, or that the fault is not theirs.

I refused the product, and returned it to UPS, in order to have my duties' money back, what UPS actually refunded. Adorama refused to repatriate the product, in reason of the costs implied, and pleading that I should have returned it under "Warranty repair and exchange or Vendor repair", what I did not do, because Brazilian laws do not allow such kind of shipment from here, as I was informed by UPS, besides the fact that it will imply for me more duties. The point is: I refused the product not because I did not want it, but because there was a problem whose fault is not mine, but Adorama's, and I initiated a damage claim because it was the only legal way I had to ship the product back to Adorama.

The shop insists in the blind reading of their website's text, which says "In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees, brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer", but if it would aply to a cracked product also, it means that any Adorama's fault will cost to the consumer at least the loss of his duties' money. Since I cannot legally ship to them the product in the way they requested, in fact they force me to choice between two options, both implying losses: or only my duties refund, or remain with a cracked binocular.

In other words, instead of investigate and put the blame on the responsible for the crack, to whom these costs must be ascribed, Adorama insists in this grievance against consumer's rights, understanding that what I did was a frivolous refuse, without taking its own charge. After a lot of emails, and two long and ineffective phone calls, it makes three months that I do not have neither the product, nor my money back (US$ 770.80), the only thing I want.

Resolved bad service

I have been an Adorama customer for many years - live and work nearby so have used the store. Since they...

Resolved rip off

They offered for sale on their website - a blister pack of 2 'n' batteries for $1.50/ea
I ordered 10. They shipped 10 single battery packs - and then told me that they are not responsible for pictures on their website.
I expected 10 2-packs (20 batteries) and they sent 10 single packs (10 batteries) and refused to send the other 10 batteries.
So they think it is ok to show a 2-pack on their website - that a customer clicks this item and they send 1 - pack and that is ok.
They are not to be trusted

• Nancy Miller - Adorama Nov 18, 2008

I understand the customer's reason for complaint, and am aware that the picture that was posted in relation to this item did indeed show a pack of two batteries.

However, the description alongside the picture actually referred to a single battery. Unfortunately, the distributors of the batteries supplied Adorama with an incorrect picture - which was not noted by those responsible for uploading to our website.

I am unsure whether the customer contacted our customer Service Department - had he done so, he would have been offered the opportunity to return the battery packs, postage paid, for a full refund.

With over 500, 000 items on our website, all uploaded by very human members of staff, mistakes do occur from time-to-time, and we really appreciate when customers bring such errors to our attention in order that mistakes may be corrected quickly.

On behalf of Adorama, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for this genuine mistake.

Sincerely

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador [email protected]

non-response for bad product

I purchased a product (2g SD card) from Adorama Camera, Inc. 42 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011 and it would not work according to specifications. I wrote to them on their web site at (http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=Contactus) and received a response that they would contact their purchasing department to handle. Now after several months and several emails - that first response was the only response. I expect I will never hear from them but wanted to post this email somewhere for others to beware this company. Thanks...

Jody Jan 12, 2008

They have scammed our cc for over 1 year for $9.99 a month. Do not know what this company is, furthermore, do not even have a home phone number and this is why I don't. I have been informed that this stems from telemarketing which should be against the "law"!!!