Adobe Systems Inc. / Website Unhelpfulness

This may seem trivial, but it's part of a larger problem. I have a problem installing the newest Flash player. Adobe has no telephone support for this, only online. Not a problem, except I don't want to sign up for an Adobe ID just so I can ask a technical question. I do not want to continually have to provide personal information to companies that I am only patronizing in passing. I couldn't find my answer in the forums and I could only email someone if I signed up for a login account. Yes this player is a free product, yes I'm a casual user, and maybe I should just suck it up and sign up for an account that I'll probably never use again and will forget exists in a week and will continue to get junk mail from forever... However, I don't have to and shouldn't be made to. Adobe needs a less paying-customer-and-graphic-design-friendly customer support website and a more casual-user-and-possible-future-customer friendly page. If I get the runaround for something this simple, what happens if I became one of their beloved Platinum Support Plan users? Thanks for nothing Adobe.

Va

Comments

• Va
      21st of Aug, 2008
    Adobe Systems Inc. - Adobe erroneously denies rebate
    Adobe Systems Inc.
    adobe.com

Adobe rejected my rebate claim as follows:

"Department: 090256 - Adobe PE 6 & PE 4 Bundle $30

Submission ID: 97283007

Unfortunately, we were unable to honor your request for the following reason: You submitted proof-of-purchase tab 2. Proof-of-purchase tab 1 is required for this promotion."

I know that I submitted Proof-of-purchase tab 1. Tab 2 is still attached to the box.