Adidas Shoes / manufacturing defect

India Review updated:

I purchased a pair of shoes from Adidas showroom.

At the time of purchase there was a loose thread at the top of the shoe when I purchased it which, as the shoe was used, kept coming out. As a result of which, the knitting on the top of shoe started coming off. Now there's a hole on the top of the shoe.

I took the shoe to the store I had purchased it from, and a complaint was registered (scanned copy of Complaint Form attached). However, the store reported to me that the company representative has flatly refused to consider the complaint, as he thinks it wasn't a manufacturing defect. The shoe wasn't even taken to the company head-office/factory, but was rejected at the store itself.

Coming from a company with as high a repute as Adidas, the inconsiderate act of their representative was a bit of a shock. I, as a loyal consumer of the brand, expected the company to trust me to be not complaining on a false ground. I purchased the shoe, even with the thread protruding out, as I thought being an Adidas product assures me of the quality of the same.

However, the brand failed me on few counts:
1.) The quality of the shoe- The shoe's knitting came off in 40-45 days.
2.) The complaint redressal system- There's no trust put in the consumer. I have been a Adidas buyer for years, and this is the first time I needed to complain, and surely am disappointed with how it was handled.

Ar

Comments

•   Nov 23, 2011

hello
    my self onkar singh sandhu
    from jalandhar
    my complaint manufacturing defect so plz replace my shoes
    adidas showroom in viva colage jalandhar

• Ke
      Feb 24, 2018

Is there a way to fix this? Adidas superstar