Complaints & Reviews

UtsavFashion — I will not buy from this store again!

I have ordered a dress from UtsavFashion online store. I paid $90 for my dress and I expected high quality...

New Delhi

UtsavFashionLate delivery and incorrect size

Ordered a dress from UtsavFashion about two months ago and just received it. These two moths I have been trying to contact UtsavFashion customer service, but never received a reply. They were ignoring all my messages.
I had no idea what was going on and there was no way to reach these guys.
When I received my order I was extremely happy, until I opened the package and saw the dress. Dress looked very small and when I tried it on I found out that it was not my size.
I did not bother to contact these guys because I knew they will not reply so I gave it to a friend of mine. I'm very disappointed with UtsavFashion.

UtsavsareesUsed clothing

I have purchased two dresses from www.utsavfashion.com and my dresses arrived in a terrible condition. Both dresses looked worn and were dirty!
    I did not even try them on because I wasn't planning to wear them.
    Contacted customer service and they recommended me to keep the dresses because it would be too expensive and too difficult to return them to India.
    Terrible service and awful clothing! Never again!

Utsavfashion.comLack of customer support

Had very terrible experience with Utsavfashion and want to warn everyone that this is not a reliable company. Ordered several pieces of clothing and everything was two or even three sizes smaller! Customer service did not help, they did not even answer my messages and I was stuck with things I could not even wear. I gave up and donated the clothing. I'm truly disappointed with this site and lack of customer support.

www.utsavsarees.comBad-quality sarees and they didn't look alike as on the photos

People, don’t trust the company www.utsavsarees.com. I have bought sarees from them, because they looked great on the pictures and the description was impressive. However, the seller posted fake photos and description on purpose, because his sarees were bad-quality and looked completely opposite as on the photos. But he didn’t take the orders back and you could do nothing about it. So, spread this information.

UTSAVBAD SERVICE

I have paid and placed and order via the online shopping three months ago goods still not received.
          I have been exchanging mails but they copy and paste the same replies.
          I have asked to speak to the MD they tell me that they are not allowed to give that info.
          If this company is so open why can I not speak to the owner to complain?
          I still have not received my items.
          Please public especially SOUTH AFRICANS don't buy from any online shop especially overseas.

• Js
              jsara Mar 22, 2011

Utsav lie about their shipping dates all the time. They promise a delivery date and when they can't make the delivery on time they promise another date and it goes on and on. It happened to me twice and I'm done dealing with them.Do not ever shop at Utsav. They are a bunch of liars!!!

Utsav SareesPoor quality

I have been ordering from Utsav since 2010. I live in the US and generally order sarees for my Mom in India. My mom has always said that the sarees do not look "new" and seem to be washed. In 2011, she complained that Item no. SLDFO352 had small oily looking patches on the fabric.I, initially, put it down to her fastidiousness. But this time, even, I was shocked. If you notice the pics, the thread/ Resham border on the saree looks old and faded with the threads clearly warped and bunched. This is not the quality expected from a new saree. The store owners must appreciate that in online shopping, the customers place a lot of trust in the merchant as they have no opportunity to physically feel and test the product. Also often, the orders are not processed in time. I am not talking about overseas orders, but within India itself. I find this practice extremely annoying and disappointing. I have written to Utsav atleast half a dozen times but have not got any reply, other than a perfunctory, we will look into it response.

• Mv
                mvsindia Apr 19, 2013

it is unbelievable
                thats why i always trust MILAP SAREES they have good collections & genuine designer collections
                you can find on FB .

Utsav FashionHorrible Service and Wrong items sent

I placed an order for three outfits. I asked that they be size 36. The first one was sent out and it was a size 28. There was not enough fabric to make it 36 inches. My other two outfits took another month to be sent out. I had told them multiple times at this point to ensure that they do the order as size 36. These two outfits arrived and again were 28 inches!!! I complained to them and they said it was not possible. I took pictures with the measuring tape and sent it to them. They said to ship it back in regular mail (hmm maybe they will say that it got lost!!) before they process a refund. I also did not get my free items. I also paid a total of $80 for customs. They appeared to not really care about their error and the fact that they left me with three wrong sized items. I will never order from them again. I wish I had read these complaints before!!!

mazharul Mar 27, 2013

i have a same experiences is well. they dont understand your requirement. and keep mailing for same things .
                  customer service is very poor. all round they are rubbish website and service.

Utsav Fashiondefected saree

I bought a saree from utsav fashion, the saree was shown as peach color but turned out to be orange, but the real disaster was when i opened the saree it had a blue patch in the middle which was not shown or described on there website. it looks horrible and it makes draping the saree very difficult. when i contacted the customer care they simply refused to refund or exchange the saree. they said there higher management has asked them not to. I lost all the money for the saree. the image on there website is http://www.utsavfashion.com/store/sarees-large.aspx?icode=sts1173 and i have attached the image of the saree i got

defected saree

Utsav Sarees — Fraud

I bought 3 lehengas online initially-after a few weeks, they cancelled 2 lehengas from the order and wanted...

Utsav FashionShamefully Poor Customer Service

OMG I never put up reveiws EVER, but this group got on my nerves so badly that i could not stop myself from writing in. I am so so so very disappointed with them i cannot even explain. I am furious with them. I placed an order for 5 items. 4 of which got delivered without the extra free gifts that they promised. No issues it was not like i cared for them anyway. They totally ruined my spirits when i finally recieved my last item in the mail. The package had wrong order. I reached out to them asking for what should be done. It has taken me atleast 10 calls, 7 online live chats, and 8 back and forth email and the issue is still not resolved. It has been 2 months since this happened. Problem with chats - they are always sorry and tell me to understand that nothing was intended and they keep making mistakes. They always take the order number put me on hold for 10 mins come back and tell me the order has been shipped. It is like explaining the same thing to them a 100 times and they still dont get it. Wonder if they have a tracking system or not. They told me they will let the concerned department know and repsond via emailin 24 hours. Multiple times it did not happen. Finally i got some agent on the chat another day whom i told i will save the chat transcript and escalate the matter even further if they did not do something about my order. A lady called me up at 9 pm and tells me to send the picture attachment for the 5th time. She confirmed while i was on the phone that the images were received. And mind you this did not happen for the first time. She asked me to send the wrong order back to them an scan email then the receipt so they can reimburse. Hell noo!! You think i would want to go through the hassle again to mail and wait for yet another reimbursement? She told me since i did not agree someone from her upper Management will call within an hour. I never got the call. Next morning i got another email from them saying "kindly mail us the images ( this was for the 6th time). I gave up. I requested my husband to pitch in and help me with the frustration. We are right now waiting for another call promised by them and I hope it ends soon. The order i had placed for diwali, it is well past the date and it was a present for my MIL. It is soo sad to have done business with Utsav fashion as they do not care enough about the customers. They have some ruthless folks working there.

• Ka
                      kasturi13 Jan 11, 2014

I am a resident of Canada. I bought 2 sarees from on-line store http://www.utsavfashion.com Price: USD171.25 on December 17, 2013 and they did deliver the product on December 31, 2013.

During the delevery of the package the courier company did charge me as C.O.D. CAD111.83. Canadian custom imposed duty and sales tax on the value (quoted by the vendor) CAD323.25

I brought the issue to the vendor's attention and they did supply me a revised shipping bill for value of USD171.25. With the new shipping bill yesterday I did contact the courier company (UPS Canada) and they agreed to reassess the charges. UPS Canada also notified me that they would charge me CAD15.00 in order to reassess the case.

Yesterday I did convey the message to Utsav Fashion and they notified me an e-mail that as a special case they would only take the responsibility of 50% of the reassessment cost.

Please let me know, why I have to take the burden of the reassessment fees while the mistake initiated by them and what kind of customer service is this?

Utsav FashionNo refund received for the order cancelled

I had ordered a lehenga online for Rs 20, 350 from Utsav Fashion on 3rd Dec 2012 & later cancelled on 8 Dec 2012. I was told that it take 2 working days for processing refund. However it has been 15 days and i have yet not received a refund on Rs 20350.
                    Also i tried reaching call centre number on [protected] & tried doing live chat or escalated vide mails on [protected]@utsavfashion.com However have never received any satisfactory mails so far.
                    Request you to kindly help me to receive my refund amount of Rs 20350.
                    Payal Patil
                    [protected]@rediffmail.com

Utsavfashion.comJunk junk junk... they sell junk

I bought sari because it looked beautiful in the picture. when i received it..piece of junk. they didn't make the blouse as requested. Plus i had pay $40 for the custom tax. I am so disappointed. I ordered for the first time on line and was excited about. have a big wedding coming up and all the ladies in family were excited to see my sari so they could order some, too. Well, that's not happening any more Mr. Utsav. ...you sold me junk for almost $200. . i so unhappy i list my appetite over this stupid piece of junk...junk junk junk...they sell junk.

Utsav FashionsDishonest .Frauds Frauds!!!

I bought a anarkali suit from Utsav and paid NZ$300. When I recd the item, I was appalled, it seemed like a second hand item, so untidy and the quality and stitching were hopeless. So I complained and was asked to send the item back and was promised that I will receive a full refund. After the item was sent they claimed that they never recd it and started ignoring my emails. I have sent 100's of emails and I even tried calling them but there is n answer at the other end. I never recd any refund and do not know hat happened to my item. I have copies of all my correspondences to Utsav ...if any one is interested. Utsav people are frauds and are dishonest. I will not advice any one to deal with them

Utsav FashionFRAUD / SCAM

STAY AWAY - SHOP ELSEWHERE - UTSAV FASHION IS FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!

I purchased a saree for my mother for my wedding - it wasn’t cheap $260 AUD. When I received it, I was so disappointed, shocking quality and came with a ready made blouse in the incorrect size. After contacting UTSAV, they promised to refund my money and asked me to return the item. They promised to reimburse me for the full cost of the saree purchase as well as return postage costs - total about $300 AUD. It has now been over 3 months and after multiple emails, they are now refusing to refund anything. I am $300 out of pocket and nothing to show!!! I have advised all my family and friends to avoid this dodgy website... please pass on the message so that other trusting customers are not ripped off like me.

• Fa
                              Farzana Begum Sep 24, 2012

I share the same experience. Spent around NZ$350.00 (clothing plus return postage). Never recd any refund nor know what happened to the courier that I sent. They must be doing this to everyone that makes a return . I have sent like 100's of emails, tried calling them but no one picks up on the other end.
                              Be careful when you buy from them . Cheaters, frauds, scammers ...dishonest people

Utsav Fashion - Poor quality control on shipped itemsWrong Sizes shipped

I ordered a couple of salwar suits for a family celebration of the same size. When the items were shipped they sent incorrect sizes that could not be worn. The size were short several inches preventing from being put to the right use. This has happened twice. It seems that their tailors are not using consistent size measurements and their shipper does not check if the item being shipped is the right one matching what the order request stated. I do not recommend anyone purchasing these items online. I suggest going to a local retailer these purchases than doing it online. Their customer service is laughable at best

• As
                                Ashwin345 Sep 29, 2013

Totally agree. I purchased 3 sarees from utsav fashion portal. All are of shorter than standard size and of poor quality. They charged me nearly INR 2000/- per item. By looking at the quality of product delivered it is available in local market for not more than 750Rs with correct size. I will never buy from them. Now trying to contact their customer service to return this products, so far no reply.

Utsavfashion.comorder delayed

I contemplated ordering from this website for a long time but eventually I gave in because I was not liking what my mother was buying for me in India. I figured if I purchased a saree online it will be my choice. I did read a lot negative reviews but I wanted to give them a chance anyway. First of all during the ordering process nowhere did it say that it will take 25 days just to make my saree. I thought the saree is ready and all it needs is stitching and delivery. After a month of waiting I started emailing them. I would get standard emails still no estimated date of delivery. I then called the customer service. Early morning 4 am my time I got hold of them. Now they simply tell me it is not even in the workshop, it will take another 15 days to just get in the workshop which means 40 days to just get a simple saree woven. On top the customer service rep started arguing with me. I would have compromised if they were to send the order unstitched within delivery time. Instead they want me to order another saree from ready to ship section. As of now I have cancelled my order due to the utter disrespect from customer rep and lack of coordination between their various departments. Thank god I payed through paypal. Like the gentleman above I am going through paypal dispute if they don't refund my money within 3 days like they said.

• Ra
                                  Ranikatta Aug 16, 2012

They don't ship the items that we order. They collect the amount and don't deliver. Even if they deliver they are not as per the website picture and not a size that we ordered. They are a fraud website.

• Ra
                                  Rajeev.CB Aug 19, 2013

what you see is not what you get with utsavfashion.com.
                                  I was constantly lied to about part of my order. like any other online scam, they only shipped part of order, and then went quite. they assume that you will never call them and they can have your money.
                                  if you call them, they keep giving you bogus dates and process your order item by item. I ordered 4 sarees. first they shipped only two, then when i complainted and asked about my rest of items, they shipped one more, but told me that both will be shipped in '24-48hrs'. then they went silent for 17 days! so i called back in asking for my order. they gave me the same line: 'not intentional, will be shipped in 24-48hrs'
                                  if this is not lying and cheating, then what is? find a better website or, wait till walmart or Amazon start their business in India.

• So
                                  soojata Iyer May 30, 2014

Hi I have ordered a saree which is not as per our specification hence want to return it back. Please help.

Utsav Fashion — Cheaters but nothing else

Hi, This people are absolutely fraud.i am saying this out of my own personnel experience. I ordered it and...

Utsav Sarees — Fraud/Scam

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM THIS PLACE. There's no reason to even buy once. These dresse...

Utsav SareesI deserve this

I deserve this. I ignored all of the negative comments on the net, warnings from friends and went and paid a ransom to these people.

What a business ? You show a beautiful product and tempt me with 'want this ? want to buy this ?', and I say 'Yes, I want it, here is the money', and you take my money and then say 'Sorry, I dont have the product, but I have your money now, buy something else or forget your money'.

I agree mistakes happen. Shops often forget to update their websites, and sometimes wrongly accept money for what is already sold or out-of-stock, but they always immediately return your money. Never have I encountered this situation - we cant ship you what we took your order and money for, and we aint returning your money. And this isint a 10 Rs or 20 Rs tamarind sale, we are talking 8000 Rs.

Another word for such transactions - day-light robbery !

My first time internet purchase from India. Sadly so bitter. I have purchased online from so many places in US and elsewhere for the past 10 years, but never encountered this. Sadly some people do have a certain brazen shamelessness when it comes to 'business' it looks like, I dont know if for them all is fair in love and war, but in business certainly it is.

SRK-1 Feb 26, 2011

And they charge 2.5 times more than local sellers. Check the price on same saree - Bichitrapuri silk saree - Utsav charging $ 303 http://www.utsavsarees.com/store/sarees-large.aspx?icode=SLSZC3544 and Orissa handloom charging $ 125 http://www.orissahandloom.com/Sari/Odishi-Handloom-Bichitrapuri-Saree/3.html. Even assuming Orissa handloom has not updated its site and prices for sometime, my guess is they still will charge far less than Utsav I am sure.

And I dont mind that Utsav is charging 2.5 times, as a big botique company acting as a single point for many different kinds of Indian sarees, sometimes we have to pay extra for easy shopping. But if they are pretending to be such a single point botique, by making a beautiful website with beautiful photos, and then charge 2.5 times for non-existent products and rob gulible folks like me, then the 2.5 times pricing adds insult to injury.

SRK-1 Feb 26, 2011

Check out this red bomkai-patli saree $274 in Utsav http://www.utsavsarees.com/store/sarees-large.aspx?icode=SLSZC3543 and $ 124 in Orissa Handloom http://www.orissahandloom.com/Sari/Odishi-Handloom-Bomkai-Patli-Saree/22.html.I hear Orissa handloom prices have gone up also but stll would be under $200 is myguess. I have also heard from a couple people who brought from Orisa Handloom that saree qualities were excellent, looks like prices are so competitive since it is a new start-up.

SRK-1 Mar 04, 2011

Update - They have issued refund on first saree and depatched the second. Once credit is confirmed and delivery completed, I will be happy customer. My feedback to them was this - that they should have mentioned the option of refund even while suggesting different colors and items - that at any point in the process of discussing/exploring alternatives the option of quitting the process with a refund was available to me anytime upon request. As a first time buyer one panics if they repeatedly ignore the refund option. The very credibility of the business comes to question. I told them I wished they would have been clear about refund from the beginning and avoided this panic. If I am sure they are good at refund I wont mind doing business with them again.

SRK-1 Mar 04, 2011

As a first time buyer one panics if they repeatedly ignore the refund option EVEN AFTER buyer has mentioned it. Not acknowledging that suggestion was very disturbing for one who has never done business with them.

• Na
                                    Narinaaa Jan 06, 2012

guys dont buy from utsavsarees this website only sells damaged product
                                    see below item the lower part pallu of saree is torn and when you buy they will only sell this
                                    i have got 3 used damaged product and they did not refund fraud website

trust me this website only cheats they dont send items and when they send its only damaged i think they buy used products and then sell online

narin a .