Ace Hardware / bad service

1 P.O. Box 540013El Paso, TX, United States

I submitted a rebate claim online to E-Rebates and received an e-mail verifying that my claim was received. Three weeks later I received a card by mail with this information: 'Unfortunately we could not honor your request due to the following reason(s): 'there are no valid rewards or there is a $0 check reward; exceeds limit'.

I wrote a letter to the address provided on this card: Ace Rebate Processing Center, Resubmissions Dept. 07-79703, P.O. Box 028516, Miami, FL [protected].

The 800 number is the same; I was on hold for an unreasonable amount of time and did not get to speak with a person.

I resubmitted for the rebate offer and provided a copy of the sales receipt, a copy of the mail-in form, the MFR number and the ACE SKU number as requested. They also wanted the card back that they sent me.

Four weeks later I received a second card. This time they claimed not to have the SKU and requested the original sale receipt. I made photocopies and sent the original sale receipt and circled the SKU number with a bright colored pen and included their card again. Three weeks later I received a third card, identical to the second. I took all my photocopies to an ACE Hardware store and asked if and what I am doing wrong. They checked the SKU number and found no reason for rejection. I then requested that the store manager call the processing center to resolve this dispute.

I received the rebate check 2 weeks later, but:

I will no longer shop at ACE Hardware.

I will avoid to buy products from the manufacturer that offered the rabate.

I will re-post this complaint on other sites.

Va