AccountNow / funds and card placed on hold and closed account without notice

Incident dated On Feb 6th 2016; This complaint is for My Disabled brother, who had a account now visa prepaid card and he was denied access to receive his money after two days of using the card from receiving his taxes, reason stated by account now was there was too many money transfers and they wanted him to provide proof of address, name and identification. I helped my brother get what they were requesting and took it to a place to fax them over the info. Next day called and spoke to the same Representative a women with a very bad attitude, my brother has a mental illness and I'm his caregiver the lady kept acting like she didn't understand my brother when he would call and she laugh at him. By Feb 19th 2016 they kept giving him the run around about when he can use his card, what else they needed from him to verify identity then finally they said that his account is closed and all funds will be sent back to IRS. The card that he had transfer money too was shut down as well without notice and the funds missing, in which was a car payment owed for purchase that was promised to pay the remaining balance on vehicle and account now caused the car to be repossessed by original owner. thanks to account now he has no car. This company needs to be reported and shut down and refund every one there money back, I am going to do all I can to help my brother get the justice he needs and deserves for being discriminated by account now please believe that.

Up
Mar 13, 2016

Comments

• Ac
      Mar 14, 2016

Dear Consumer,

I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your account. I’d like to help resolve your account issue and address any additional concerns that you may have. Unfortunately we cannot discuss your personal information in a public forum. Can you please send us an email at [protected]@greendotcorp.com referencing your name (as it appears on your card), last four digits of your card number, and best number to reach you at? Thanks and have a great day.

Sincerely,