acai berry tropic / Scam

1 Review updated:

I ordered the free trial for $4.95 and then received another shipment. they charged my credit card for $88.64 that I did not authorize. I have reported it to my credit card company to reverse the charge and I am going to block them from EVER charging my credit card again. I have emailed [protected]@acaiberrytropic.com and [protected]@acaiberrytropic.com about 6 times over the last 3 days and have received NO RESPONSES at all. I am getting ready to report them to the BBB and The attorney generals office. I called and cancelled any future shipments but based on what is being said here - I DON"T NOT TRUST THEM TO NOT CHARGE ME FOR ANY MORE! I have been trying to return the unopened bottle that they sent me but they are not answering. I told them I would not pay to return it since I did not order it. They can send me an envelope or a UPS return shipping label if they want it back. They are CROOKS!

Fran Gilbert

Comments

• Fr
      Aug 14, 2009
    acai berry tropic - took money out of account without product or approval
    California

I have been in the hospital and when I came home I ordered acai berry tropic online . They say it is endorsed by Rachel Ray. It was a free trial offer for the amount of $4.95. They then proceeded to take $88.67 out 14 days later, which I did not agree to and overdrew my account . All together they cost me $167.67 extra out of my account. I am on a fixed income and cannot afford this kind of mistake on their part or mine.

• Cu
      Sep 01, 2009

I fell for the same scam. The site doesn't "prompt" you to check a "yes" or "no" if you have read The Terms and Conditions. Because they HIDE their Terms and Conditions from the consumer and do not BY LAW make sure you have READ, or DECLINED to READ the contract you are entering into.
    I had to really search their web site to find their outrageous contract terms. No one in their right mind would agree to it if they read it first before giving them their credit card number.
    From the date they ship product TO YOU...the ONLY WAY TO GET REFUND IS to have that product shipped and back in their hands within 14 DAYS from the DATE THEY SHIPPED (they consider the date you ordered the "date shipped"). And yes, so far it's been 10 days and I haven't seen this "FREE" product arrive. No one is answering their phones.
    [protected]).
    A recording says all of their voice mail boxes are full. So unless you seperate your account number from them ASAP...every 14 days (or less) they are going to rob your account. They will be billing for future shipments that will be IMPOSSIBLE for you to return according to their contract.
    For anyone whom has just signed up for this...get to your bank, or call your credit card company ASAP and explain the situation...even print out some examples of complaints from the net to take with you. They will block all charges to your account. You may even consider changing your account number. This company could sell your info to another low life.
    I changed my account number. These are some serious scam artists!! Keep and eye on your credit record for any attempts of identity theft.
    Not Going To Let These Crooks Take My $$--Washington State

Sep 01, 2009

Hi Curie,

I'm sorry if there was any confusion regarding our trial offer of Acai Berry Tropic. The terms and conditions clearly explain how the trial offer works and can be found on the order page. Also, we do require customers to check a box stating that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions. If this box is not checked your order will not go through. Our 14 day trial starts on the day that you order the trial bottle. We do have a return policy that allows you to return the product within 15 days from the date of receipt, which means from the date that you were charged. If you receive the product late, you may contact our customer service department at [protected] and an agent will gladly extend your trial period, or give you more time to return the product for a full refund. I am sorry if you did not receive your trial bottle yet. Could you please contact our customer service department so that we can resolve this situation and make it right for you. Our customer service line is never busy, and our hold times rarely exceed 3 minutes even during our peak hours.

Jonathan

• Bb
      Sep 08, 2009

I had read the endorsement from Rachel Ray and from a local women in my community. So I ordered the free trial offer. I opened my account 12 days from when the S&H posted to my account and was charged 88.64. Yes it is clearly stated in their terms and conditions and what they are counting on is that you not read them in full; if you can find them to begin with.
    Concerns I have with this offer:
    -Trail period starts the day you place the order, you don't receive your product until almost 7 days after you have placed the order so you really don't get 14 days of a trial period.
    -Then the shock of being charged the 88.64 when you think you have at least 2 weeks to try the product
    -If wanting to dispute the charges you will be on hold with their [protected] longer than you would like but it is worth it to just sit and wait. Write down every bit of information when you actually talk to an individual. Every detail is going to count when disputing future charges.
    -Business Ethics come in to question here but their not in the ethics business they are in the weightloss business and we unfortunately as consumers expected ethics & wanted weightloss when logging on to their site.
    Stay away from this product! Google any AcaiBerry product you see selling on-line before purchasing! I wish I had. Unfortunately, received the information after the fact.

• Cd
      Sep 14, 2009
    acai berry tropic - Money taken from my account, no product, no confirmation
    Acai Berry Tropic
    P.O. Box 12290
    Wilmington
    Delaware
    Phone: [protected]
    acaiberrytropic.com

I went on line and ordered from this company; I never got a confirmation number nor did I get the product, but they charged me for the Acai Berry Tropic product. I got charged in my acct for $88.64. How can I get my money back. My number is [protected] or [protected].

Sep 14, 2009

here are NO TRUSTED SITES ON THE INTERNET, The sooner people realize that, the better off every one will be.

The So-called "FREE TRIALS, just pay postage " are NOT free! Your free trial STARTS the DAY you Make the call to order, they then delay shipment so that the product DOES NOT arrive until the trial has almost expired.

They WILL tell you the FREE TRIAL STARTS when you receive the product BUT they lying through their damn teeth to get your credit information. By submitting your credit info, you are agreeing to their TERMS OF SERVICE, namely, you agree to monthly automatic shipments at FULL PRICE, They tell you that you can CANCEL ANYTIME, they prolong that by hanging up on you or putting you on HOLD for hours, then hanging up. They are STALLING for more time so they can charge you even MORE.

ALL of the FREE TRIALS operate this way, no matter what they are selling, no matter what they Guarantee, No mater which program you saw it on, Their so-called TESTIMONIALS are FAKE LIES played by ACTORS.

ALL TV, RADIO, and INTERNET Commercials are a HUGE SCAM...If you DON'T believe me, try one or two of them and find out for yourself!!

• Ms
      Sep 14, 2009

has anyone been susccessful in getting their $$ back. I just went to my online account and they took $100--I have NO product or anything and their offices are always closed when I try to call

• Li
      Sep 21, 2009
    acai berry tropic - money taking out of account without permission
    acai berry tropic

order trail of this product, which I never recieved and now there is a charge on my checking account for

88.64 which I did NOTauthorize and wish to have it refunded to my account as soon as possible. thank you, lisa Sabino

• Sh
      Sep 23, 2009

I CALLED THE COMPANY THAT HAD THE CONFIRMATION AND THEY COULD NOT FIND MY INFORMATION AT ALL-I FINALLY GOT A NUMBER TO CX MY ORDER AND I WAS ON HOLD FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES AND WHEN I WAS SUPPOSE TO BE CONNECTED TO A REP I WAS DISCONNECTED-I WENT TO MY BANK AND CX MY CARD-UNFORTUNETLY I THINK THATS WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DO

• Ti
      Oct 04, 2009

The same thing has happen to me I orderded the free trail and they charged my account for 86.94. I called the several times and they keep giving me the run around if some can sue this people please let me know.

Thanks
    email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Na
      Oct 08, 2009

I totally agree with all the complaints I have read so far. I too, was duped into ordering Acai Berry Tropic on 9/23/09. On 10/1/09, I wrote a letter to [protected]@acaiberrytropic.com, explaining that I never received the free bottle that I ordered. On 10/5/09, I e-mailed another letter stating that I still have not received it or heard anything back from the previous letter that I had written. On 10/7/09, they charged my bank account $88.64. I called [protected]. I was told there was nothing they can do, because I didn't cancel within the 14 days. I explained to them that I never received the bottle so how was I to know when the 14 days started. They were like a recording sayiing there's nothing they can do. I asked to speak to their manager. I was put on hold. They came back and said the manager was helping someone else, I stated that I was holding and that I would wait. The manager got on (Kaleb Jackson) and said that I had to write to [protected]@acaiberrytropic to get a refund of my charges, that was all the could do. They were real fast to withdraw the charges, but they take there good old time putting them back. We'll see, I was told it would take 14 days to go back in my account. I asked for the $88.64 and $1.95 they charged for the free bottle that never arrived.

Nancy Fernandez
    Akron, Ohio

• Pd
      Oct 11, 2009

I order too and was charged $88. and some change to my acct.I didnt get my order but I was charged . I can't even get on the web site to cancel, it is a scam

• Be
      Oct 12, 2009

2 times this Happens bank charge me for product I never got Even though I cancelled IT IS A SCAM the only way to cancell is close YOUR ACCT Bank card get another one and dont buy on line produts from them IT DOES NOT WORK SCAM SCAM SCAM...

Oct 15, 2009

I agree 100% because I am having the same problem. I mailed the empty bottle back and just recieved an email stating that the package is unclaimed. this is pissing me off to know end.

• Mg
      Oct 15, 2009

I ordered the free trial bottle of acai berry tropic, they deducted $4.95 out of my account. The problem is I never recieved the bottle and before I could cancel my order they deducted another $88.64 and a $2.66 international fee. I called the customer service number to explain what happened and for them to credit my account, they told me to send an e-mail to billing. When I sent the e-mail to the address thay provided the e-mail wouldn't go through. I immediately cancelled my check card before they could deduct any more money and my bank is investigating the charges. I have contacted the better business bureau and the Attorney General's office as well. I don't know if I will ever get my money back but I'm going to do whatever it takes to nail these scammers.

• Li
      Oct 16, 2009

Not only did I have $88.64 taken from my account once, but they did it twice and I never received the product. I am trying to get ahold of someone to reverse these charges immediatly. I have done trial offers before & never had a problem, but I have noticed this company has different products with the same pictures with different peoples names attached. I never received any e-mail verifying my order and had to search to find the phone #. What a major pain in the a**!

Lisa

Oct 16, 2009

I agree with all of you guys. If only I was smarter and did my research, I wouldn't be here today. This is my first time ordering free trials. I am so disappointed by this company. The customer service is terrible. They have no way of contacting their billing department or shipping department. I've sent numerous e-mails to the billing department and customer service and none of my e-mail has been answered since 10/01/09. Each time, I called the reps, they tells me something different. I canceled my trial before actually receiving the product. To this day, I have not received the product, but on 10/15/09, they charged my acct for $88.64. I called and was on hold for fifteen minutes and when I was able to talk to the rep she told me to e-mail billing again. I did. I also spoke to the customer service supervisor and she stated that she was going to send my concerns and issues to her billing department. I called again today, only to be on hold another fifteen minutes so I hung up. I don't believe her because since none of my e-mails were answered 9/29/09, I decided to file a complaint with my bank. I hope to get this resolved soon. I really dislike this company and how they handle customers. They are terrible and useless when it comes to telling you more about your order. What kind of company doesn't know how else to reach another department?

Oct 22, 2009

Im running into a similar problem. I do get the support staff but the email I got from them seems to be bogus. I returned the product certified mail and it was returned to me unclaimed. I was told that to get my refund i needed to contact the billing dept and request a refund but again the email is bogus. I have composed a letter and sent it snail mail the same time I sent the product back but have not received a reply as of yet.

• Mj
      Nov 01, 2009

I was also scammed by this company. Ordered their product on a supposed 30 day trial, only received a generic receipt on email with NO contact information. Never received product. responded via email (since that was the only information I had) asking them where my product was after 20 days. Never got a response. Dug through the internet until I found a phone number, but got a messaging service, ask where my product was. Never heard back. Emailed again, never heard back. Finally got back on the internet and read all the complaints about people not receiving their product and getting charged anyway. Got my credit card statement and sure enough, they had charged me as well. Called my credit card company and got a red flag put up with this company so they couldn't charge me again. And do you believe to top it all off they have now sent me a collection letter because they could not charge me another $88.64, for product I NEVER RECEIVED.

• Po
      Nov 08, 2009

I also agreed. I ordered the sample for 0.99 cents and never got ithe sample. The Company chatged me not onply for the 0.99 cents, sample I never received, but twice they charged me with 88.64 that I also never received orders for. The banck is giving me a hard time stopping the charges. I received a letter from the bank with 13 request items from the Merchant . I only have have the name of the agent I spoke with and dates and times when I spoke with the agents.
    Ponch USA

Ontonagon
    Michigan
    Phone: [protected]
    [protected]@jamadots.com

I am returning all of the product you sent me. And I would like all of my money back. It was not made clear to me how this would be billed.

• Au
      Dec 28, 2009

I also ordered the free bottle which arrived so quickly from U.S to Australia and very quick to charge waaaaay above the exchange $ rate .$24 Aus does not come out as $4.50 US our $ being at 93 c against US dollar when I placed order for the trial.
    . They were quick to also bill me twice @$98 (Aus) in a 3 week period for 2 bottles one which arrived though it was never ordered. Had already found the sample was making me ill. Not possible to contact them by phone no matter what time of the day or night I called. Emails just bounced back to me. Had to cancel my Visacard to stop these rogues. The site also pops up in other forms and with different headlines, info, wording etc. They should be shut down.

• Ab
      Jan 06, 2010

Hi,

We would like to apologize if there was any confusion regarding our trial offer when you placed your order. We would like to help you resolve this situation as soon as possible. We try to make the terms of our trial offers as clear as possible which is why they are displayed right at the top of the order page. These terms explain how our trial offer works, however we understand that misunderstandings sometimes happen. In addition to providing the terms and conditions of our offer on the order page, they are also displayed on the terms and conditions page which can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the order page, and the homepage.

To help resolve the situation we ask that you please contact our customer service department toll free at [protected]. Here you will be able to speak to one of our highly qualified and expertly trained customer service representatives for a full refund. Our customer service department is available Monday through Fridays between the hours of 8am and 9pm EST. We are also open on Saturdays from 8am to 4pm EST. We are happy to assist you with ANY questions or concerns you may have.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we truly want to keep our customers satisfied with our products. We are always open to suggestions for improving our offers and we would love to hear yours! We look forward to helping you resolve any problems that you may have.

Thanks,

Joe C
    Manager

Jan 07, 2010

I was charged for this product, not knowing about the 14 day cancellation period. The number to call this company that is required on your bank statement had a full mailbox so no message could be left and there was no way to reach anyone with the company. After finding this site and finding the 888# listed above, I called and talked with a customer service rep to cancel everything with this company. The rep was hard to understand as English was obviously not her primary language, but she was considerate and cancelled my membership--I just get stuck for the $88.74. She would not give me a cancellation # but told me that she had already sent it to my e-mail address. I checked my e-mail and the cancellation notice was indeed there!

I did indicate to the rep that I can purchase this same product at my local Costco for $17.99!!

I've learned my lesson and will never request a "free/trial sample" from anyone, again!

Jan 11, 2010

100% correct. I ordered the free trial and returned it unopened the day it arrived. I just received my bank statement and was charged $88.74. I never authorized this withdrawal or used their product. I have given the company a chance to redeme themselves by returning my money or I not only plan to turn the company in to the FCC but to the FBI as well. I also don' t want the inconvenience letter from Joe C the supposed manager who I guess is afraid to give his last name. The same letter has been mailed to every complaint I have read. This company? is a total rip off and should be avoided at all costs. I have also been advised to contact the Federal Trade Commission which I will gladly do if my money is not refunded. If you have also fallen for this fraud call your bank or credit card company immediately and get a new card. Also have them flag any charges to anyone else who has fallen for this bunch of crooks.

• Br
      Jan 11, 2010

This same exact thing has just happened to me!!! They need to be stopped!

• Ni
      Jan 13, 2010

I ordered something from a company and was offered a free bottle of Acai Berry for only the shipping and handling charge of 1.99. I accepted and they got my credit card information for the s&h charge. Did not get the Acai Berry but a colon cleanse product instead. Two weeks later I was charged 88.74. I called and talked to a customer service rep and got no where. I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor and was put on hold for a little while then was told they were all busy. I cannot believe a company can operate like this. I am sending a letter to my credit card company to get it off my card. I too have learned my lesson. I will never accept a free sample from anyone.

• He
      Jan 17, 2010
    acai berry tropic - SCAM ARTIST
    acaiberrytropic.com

These people are total scam artist! lucky for me I was able to detect it from the similar situation I had been in with ACAIBERRYPRO! but they will definitely scam your credit card by overcharging and not allowing you to cancel your 'free trial'! DONT BUY THIS CRAP IT'S ANOTHER FOREIGN SCAM!

• St
      Jan 19, 2010

I don't know who Joe C . the manager is, but I called and the woman refused to refund my money. In fact she refused to speak to me once i told her that her company is stealing money from others. I have to wonder how Joe C. can say that person who answered in there so called customer service department can be called highly qualified and expertly trained. I imagine it's a department of one.

I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and you should too.

• Gr
      Jan 21, 2010

The same thing happened to me, Joe the Manager sent me a message indicating that they were going to refund me all of my mone. When I called the service representative refused to give me my money and I never received the product. I don't understand why they let this company to continue to operate under these conditions. I also reported it to the Better Business Bureau. I'm awaiting a response from them.

I HOPE THAT SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THIS !!!

R ROSS - HAMMOND, IN

• Un
      Feb 18, 2010
    acai berry tropic - Ubauthorized transaction from my account
    Colorado

I have had an unauthorised deduction from my credit card from this company. I had cancelled all orders and have emails of cancellation, yet money was still taken. Would like for there to be a law suit against this company!! Who can afford $100.00 to be taken from their account!

• Be
      Apr 05, 2010

I, too, have expereinced the same bull. I had called one 1-800 number to cancel some sort of monthly membership in connection to the Acai Berry Tropic pill. Consequently, they have no awareness of or communications to two other companies involved in this- the collections (Natural Wellness Resources), the member services (that you are automatically signed up for when you accept the $4.00 charge for s&h of the trail offer). I had called all three places to cancel to prevent further damage to my account, and ended up nowhere.
    I ordered Dec. 9, 2009, called to cancel membership a week later, and yet I was still seeing $80.00 charges from my bank account. I ended up having to close that account because I could not afford these charges, even filing for account fraud. Now on April 5, 2010 I recieved a letter stating that I owed $164.00 to them otherwise it would end up going to a 3rd party collection agency. Today I just finished typing a letter to all three places indicating that I have canceled membership, still recieved charges to my account, my credit might be jeapordized because of their negligence and lack of solid buisness ethics and established communication lines between 3 different entities. And finishing up with "how dare they [censored] up my credit".
    Since I no longer have that account open and since opened a new account, hopefully that will be the end of it. I am sorry to everyone that this has happened to, and please to others DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THIS SCAM.

• Nw
      Apr 08, 2010

Hello,

Customer satisfaction is very important to NWR and we do our best to satisfy all customers in any way possible.

We strive to resolve all complaints and customer issues in a timely matter, and we would like to help you resolve yours. Please contact us at [protected], toll-free, and one of our experienced agents can assist you.

If you feel that you were contacted in error by NWR, and any debt is invalid, please notify us immediately, and we will help you resolve the issue.

Natural Wellness Resources
    [protected]
    9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday EST.

• Je
      Apr 08, 2010

this is a scam, tell them you want to call a cop or a lawyer

• Pp
      Apr 11, 2010
    acai berry tropic - canelled product and being charge on my account not getting the product
    Zion,
    Illinois
    [protected]@aol.com

I cancelled my membership in January, 2010 and they are charging my credit card. I cancelled my order after getting my second bottle. which was in January. Nothing was charged in February, but my credit card called me and said that they charged my account yesterday 4/9/10. I did not get their product or i would return theit product.
    I don't know what to do!!
    Sincerely,
    Peggy Petropoulos-Kiriazis

• Je
      Apr 16, 2010

i called in today, if you listen to their voices, you can tell that they are young, and also one dude gave me a fake name, and some ghetto female cussed at me, when i asked for the supervisor!

• Mb
      Jun 25, 2010

i keep getting a past due amount by email for the trial period that i fell for in january. The past due amount email started in June. the [protected] number does not work as of June 15, 2010 bot the email keeps coming about every other day. Any one hav any idea who i can contact to find the right address and number

• Ei
      Apr 28, 2013

I concur strongly with prior complaints about this company. Several years ago, I submitted for a "free" 14 day trial of this product. After 14 days, I had not received the product and emailed the company to cancel my order, as the "trial" period had passed and I did not have the benefit of actually trying the supplement. I made sure to say that I was no longer interested and that I fully expected that my account would not be charged. Within a day or so, my bank called saying that Acai Berry Tropic was attempting to charge me for the unreturned product. I told them the circumstances and that I'd cancelled my order and they agreed to keep blocking the charges. This company KEPT trying to charge me, kept sending me billing emails about my failure to comply with the terms of the trial, etc. And I kept responding, both to customer service and to billing that I had cancelled my order due to not having recieved my trial bottle within the allotted time. Eventually I found a number and called and told them in no uncertain terms that I wanted nothing more to do with this and I refused to pay for something I did not receive. They offered me a $50 Target gift card for my trouble (which never came), sent me the samples anyway, and then began calling me about my bank blocking the charges for my unreturned product. I told them that if they wanted it back, they needed to send me a prepaid return shipping label, as I was not going to pay to send it back (as per original terms of agreement) since I was not the one who failed to comply with those terms in the first place. The man with whom spoke kept telling me that I had to pay to send it back as I agreed to do when I requested the trial. And I said AGAIN and AGAIN, I did not break the terms of the trial; the company did when they failed to send it on time, and when the failed to respond or comply with my request for cancellation. Luckily I never actually had to pay anything because my back was fully cooperative with blocking their attempst at charging me. However, eventually they turned me over to a debt collector who called more than a year later to inform me that, while she understood the situation and something similar had happened to her, there would be a negative mark against my credit for failing to settle the account. The moral of the story, boys and girls, is that you should just never ever ever sign up for a "free trial" of anything online or any other place because it is not worth the harrassment, the dishonesty, and the black mark on your credit history, however small it may be.