Acai Berry, Total Cleanse, Price Limbo, Fit Factory / Too many people (like me) do not read terms and end up with unrecognized charges on credit card

I am not really submitting a complaint because it was my fault for signing up for the Acai Berry and Total Cleanse "FREE TRIALS", and not reading the Terms and Conditions. I see by looking online that many others also did not read the terms. I am submitting this email to help those who feel that they have been scammed. Here are the terms and what you need to do to cancel all of this. Please note that for Price Limbo - there is no phone number. When I called to cancel the acai berry order, I asked them how to cancel price limbo. The guy told me that you have to go to pricelimbo.com and sign-in as a member entering the email address that you used when you signed up for the acai berry "free" trial, and enter your zip code as the password. Then click on cancel account. You will be sent an email with a link. Click on the link, and your account will be cancelled.

Acai Berry:
I understand that by ordering Acai Berry Power 500, I am agreeing to receive Acai Berry Power 500 for a free 14-day trial period (days of availability for actual usage could be less depending on shipping time) beginning on date of order. $1.00 (non-refundable) for S&P. I understand that unless I cancel by calling [protected] within this 14-day period, beginning on the 15th day my credit card will automatically be charged $89.31 (Free Shipping) for a 31 day supply of Acai Berry Power 500 to be shipped at that time to my door. Thereafter, until and unless I cancel, my credit card will automatically be charged an additional $89.31 every 31 days for a new supply of Acai Berry Power 500.

Unless I uncheck the box above(if available), I would also like to take advantage of the the 21 day bonus trial to PriceLimbo for eight dollars & fifty one cents a month thereafter, should I choose not to call and cancel Price Limbo.

I agree to the (7) day bonus trial to Fit Factory for ($29.95) each month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. For questions or to cancel, please call our Customer Support team at [protected] M-F, 9am-9pm, EST. Our hours of operation are from 8am to 5pm MST. I understand that this consumer transaction involves a negative option and that I may be liable for payment of future goods and services, under the terms of this agreement, if I fail to notify the supplier not to supply the goods or services described.

Total Cleanse:

Terms and Conditions

Our terms and conditions apply to all transactions throughout our website and are set out below. Please read through these carefully before placing your order and print a copy for future reference. Please also read our Privacy Policy section, which forms part of the Terms and Conditions, regarding personal information provided by you. We may change these terms from time to time without notice to you. Changes will apply to any subsequent orders received.

By placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.

For questions regarding terms please contact us at [protected]/31/08 – called customer service

Health Disclaimer
Any statements on this site or any materials or supplements distributed or sold by ead1.total-cleanse.com have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication we suggest consulting with a physician before using any of our products.

Trial Terms and Conditions
The 15 day Free Trial offer is designed to display the quality and effectiveness of the Total Cleanse product. This gives you the opportunity to try this remarkable program for FREE (just pay shipping and handling) so you can come to a decision for yourself if this is the right product for you.

Upon ordering, you agree to pay the shipping and handling fees for the free trial bottle. You'll have 15 days from the date of your order ships to evaluate the product and see the results for yourself. If you enjoy the formula, simply do nothing. You will be billed the super low price of $78.84 at the end of your 15-day trial period.

15 DAY TRIAL PERIOD INCLUDES SHIPPING AND TRANSIT TIME

You are not obligated to purchase after you receive your free trial bottle and you may cancel anytime by calling [protected] Monday thru Friday 9AM-6PM Eastern Standard Time within the 15 day cancellation period. Even if you decide to cancel, please keep the FREE bottle as our gift to you. You will never be billed. 10/31/08 – tried to call this number three times and it just disconnected.

Unless you call to cancel, you'll continue to get a fresh one-month supply of Total Cleanse every 30 days for the low price of $78.84 plus $5.95 shipping and handling for a total of $84.79. You can cancel anytime.

Total Cleanse Return Policy
We have a 15-day satisfaction guarantee return policy on all shipments.

Returns
If you are unsatisfied with our product, you may return the unused portion 15 days from the date that the product was originally shipped to you for a refund according to the following terms. To obtain a refund, your return must be postmarked 15 days from the date that the product was originally shipped to you. All returns are subject to a 30% administrative handling and restocking fee. We do not refund or credit shipping charges for any monthly shipments. Please note, the following terms apply for all returned items:

To return a product for an exchange or refund you will need to obtain a Return Merchandize Authorization (RMA) number by contacting the billing department at [protected].

An RMA number can ONLY be obtained by contacting the billing department at [protected].

Please Note:
1. We cannot process or refund packages marked "Return to Sender."
2. Refunds will be issued to the same credit card that was charged when ordering the product.
3. To ensure a refund is processed for you, please send returns to the address provided along with your RMA number. The RMA number must be clearly written on the package that you are sending back. Our shipping department is NOT allowed to accept any packages without an RMA number.
Returned products must be sent to the following address:

GIC Shipping Department
134 NW 16th Street Suite 1
Boca Raton, FL 33432

We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend all returned items to be sent using some type of delivery confirmation system to ensure proper delivery.

After the shipping department receives your return, it generally takes 2 business days or sooner to process your refund. Once a return is processed, it usually takes 3-5 business days for this return to be posted to your account, depending on your financial institution.

Shipping Terms
The standard ground mail service is shipped via the United States Postal Service First Class Mail. With our Expedited Shipping Option (if available), we will make your shipment our priority and ship these packages out the same day for all orders placed before 1PM EST and the next day for all orders placed after 2PM EST (packages will arrive within 1-4 business days). Please be advised that shipments are not sent out on Saturdays, Sundays, or any Holidays. We do not guarantee arrival dates or times. We do not refund or credit shipping charges for any monthly shipments.

CA

Ca

Comments

Pe
  4th of Nov, 2008

Even when I finally reached someone, it was after the 15 day trial period. I tried for at least a week to reach someone. This is for sure a horrible scam on those of us who'd like to lose some weight. The main lesson Ive learned, is to just do it the hard way...exercising! Or I'd be broke. I'll never ever order anything that says its free! Im a single mom with 3 kids. That sure did hurt my pocket book!

To
  5th of Nov, 2008

It is NOT your fault, nor any other consumer's! This is a TOTAL SCAM! First of all, did you notice that the "phone number" they give on the bottle of their "product" (which, I have not had time to try yet and I am scared to now - who knows what is really in this?) is a FAKE? 1-888-820-COLON...1 digit too many! Then the 866 number is set to automatically hang up. They have no intention of taking anyone's call.

Also, if you try to email them, you discover that the email address does not actually exist either.

As far as those terms and conditions, they were not even on the form I tried to order from, which was from a 3rd party ad on a website I once trusted. (never again, of course!) Your post is the 1st I have seen of those terms. But I think that legally, since there actually IS NO WAY to contact these con artists thru their fake email and phone numbers, that proves we are not at fault.

5th of Nov, 2008

So did anyone every get a hold of either place and if so what are the phone numbers? How did you guys cancel if so? I called Acai berry and all they did was send another bottle didnt get my money back. And I am actually on the phone right now with them because I realize all they did was send another bottle but never really cancel it, just in case they try something else again. And as far as the total cleasener place, I still can not get a hold of anyone. I now I have called my credit card company to try and see if they can do anything about it. Does anyone have any advise for me? Oh and I got charge 89.00 for acai berry because they shipped it out supposibly the next day, but I didnt receive it until 2 1/2 weeks later. so much for the 14 day trial.

Ja
  6th of Nov, 2008

Thanks so much for the complaint! I fell into the same trap, but was able to get through on the phone to all places (Acai and Fit Factory and Total Cleanse), but it did take awhile...keep trying! And if they say they can't refund, ask to talk with the manager. I did and they offered a one time courtesy refund. Here's another number for acai berry that is only found on the first page of their website and this is the one that worked for me - 1-877-350-8480. I just now saw the price limbo thing, so thanks for mentioning their website! Thanks again and Good luck!

10th of Nov, 2008

I too have fallen victim to these con artists. I wish I would have read this before I made the mistake of ordering. I ordered the total cleanse on 11/1/08 and they sent me an email on 11/2/08 saying that the order was in process. I started calling last week to check the status of my order so I can know the date I needed to cancel and have not been able to get through to their bogus 1-866-320-0038 number. For the first 3 days the call wouldn't go through at all. And for the last 2 days it's just been ringing busy. Does anyone have an alternate number for them. I ordered through www.ead1.total-cleanse.com which seems to be affiliated with ebizprogram or something.
I also ordered acai berry through www.intmark1-acai.ebizprogram.com which also seems to be affiliated with ebizprogram and their bogus number 1-866-938-4832 is just invalid. Does anyone have any updates?

10th of Nov, 2008

Ok. So I have a quick update. I finally got through to the 1-866-938-4832 number associated with my acai berry order and after holding for 30 minutes I finally go through to a rep named Alex who was very nice, but not very informed of the product he was selling. Couldn't even pronounce Acai correctly, but at any rate. I asked for the status of my order and he says that it was cancelled by a supervisor because I also ordered the total cleanse and they only allow 1 free trial per household. I asked him why wasn't I notified. He says not sure, but I will be refunded any s/h charge incurred for acai berry. I asked when did total cleanse ship and he says "Oh that hasn't been shipped out yet, but it should actually ship today or tomorrow." I told him that I ordered on 11/1/08 and to just cancel it altogether because I don't want to get stuck and he says "Oh the 15 day trial period doesn't start until we ship." Um NO! I told him to just cancel and be done so he says I will be sent an email confirming cancellation and no charges for either will be made. Yea right! We'll see! Oh and he said he couldn't send me an email verifying the supervisor cancelling the other order. What a scam! But we shall see what happens next.

Un
  11th of Nov, 2008

I'm so glad I checked this out before I clicked that submit button and ordered this product. Believe, me, I was 10 seconds from it.My question is, do these products even work? I see all these people above having a hard time cancelling, so i have to assume that neither Acai Berry or Total cleanse must work. Also, can't I buy these products at GNC or other store?

Ma
  11th of Nov, 2008

So the moral of the story is:

Read the fine print.

If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Trust no one and just buy the da#n stuff at the store.

Regardless of this whole dilemma, they know what they are doing is wrong. I kept asking the idiot people that work in their customer service...er, circus department how they could wake up and go to a job that rips thousands of people off. The guy said "God Bless you." That made me even more mad.

Ugh.

Ju
  11th of Nov, 2008

805-528-1391. That is the number I called to cancel Acai Berry. The phone calls are being recorded (that is probably how it is not illegal) so feel free to make them feel bad. I asked for a refund and they "happily" offered me one. I think because it is being recorded, if you put up a big fight they have to give you a refund. I still haven't found a number for Price Limbo. I can't believe that it says call to cancel or else you will be charged...and there is no number to call. This is ridiculous. Oh...and I never even received my sample. DON'T DO IT - STICK TO GNC!!!

Th
  12th of Nov, 2008

what the hell is with this... i made the mistake of submitting b4 reading this ... immediantly called the 866 320 0038 no one answered i called 805-528-1391 that the last entry suggested and i was told that this was the wrong number... so i called my bank and stopped any further payments thatmay be made b4 i can get a hold of them to cancel ...

12th of Nov, 2008

Ok so I did really get the cancellation email for the total cleanse yesterday as promised by the customer service rep. Then 10 minutes after I got that email I got the email that the sample was shipped that same day. LOL. So I checked the tracking and WOW it says that the packaged arrived today. Now I'm debating on whether or not I should go through with this and try the trial bottle even though I would have preferred the acai berry. But since the manager at the bogus numbers took it upon herself to cancel that product instead of just simply asking which one I preferred.

Good luck to those still trying to cancel. And don't give up on calling the numbers. You do eventually get through. I called Monday morning so it's really no good time, it's just whenever you get lucky and can get through.

15th of Nov, 2008

I did uncheck the box when I did my order for the cleanse product so I was not sucked into the pricelimbo BUT what is the FIT FACTORY???? I DON'T even remember SEEING that!!! IS that separate from all the other things??? I never ever order on line... I knew this was too good 2 be true, but have been struggling with my weight for years, ever since I had a hysterectomy, 10 years ago and thought, well, go ahead... STUPID... AND I knew I shouldn't... I too, tried to call the number in the ad as soon as I got off the web site to cancel because I knew I had just done a stupid stupid thing. Now it is week into this and I CANNOT GET AHOLD OF THESE PEOPLE. I am not registered at Price Limbo. I tried to get on the website so thank goodness for that small miracle. BUT, can someone tell me..please..DO I have to call this FIT FACTORY to cancel something there too?? I will kick myself a long time for this. The last time I did something this dumb was way back in 1982 when I got pulled into a vacation package on the phone and the second time it showed up on my credit card, I called and said I did not authorize the charge and it was taken off and no more charges were authorized by my credit card company. I am calling them tomorrow. I am sick about this. Can anyone help me with my question about FIT FACTORY??? What is it and whom do I call to cancel if I have to do so. I am so confused... I am going to try the 805 528 1391 number tomorrow to cancel the cleanse. That is all I ordered...all... yeah right...It is like I gave them my credit card and said go Christmas shopping fellas... AND to the single mom who wrote... my heart breaks for you...I was a single mom for many years and struggled and worked 2 or 3 jobs as a nurse to support my 3 kids... they'll all grown now... BUT I am so sorry these goons got you. I am. I know how it feels to be where you are. And people like these thugs need to be investigated. They closed down the vacation people I got suckered by in the 80's. Let's hope it happens with enough complaints about these thugs.

17th of Nov, 2008

Ok so i called acai berry and cancelled but they said they were not in affilation with total cleanse. so i couldnt cancel that order. So now i dont know what number to call to cancel the total cleanse. Any numbers would be great.

Thanks
Beth

Ta
  17th of Nov, 2008

I was a victim to this scam as well. I really didn't have any problems witht the Acai Berry trial. I had a chance to cancel all three parts of that . My issue is the total cleanse crap. I placed my ordered on Nov. 2, and the 15th day would have been today. I never recieved the trial and they charged my card Friday for the next month. So I am paying for something I don't even have. The number on the confirmation email never answers or hangs up on you. So I decided to call my bank and dispute the charges and they were able to give me another number to try: 1-866-851-2281. I have been on hold for about 10minutes. I'll update with results

Lo
  17th of Nov, 2008

Thank goodness I read the fine print before I ordered !!!
but I would still like to know if anyone actually used either of the products and if they worked ? Just curious.

Ni
  18th of Nov, 2008

I read the fine print, and tried calling for over a week. I still haven't spoken to anyone

It got so bad that I had to cancel my credit card. Sad

Kr
  18th of Nov, 2008

There was no fine print when I place my order for a free bottle and I didn't have any pamplets in my order that outlined the terms and conditions. I was so beyond angry when I got my credit card bill. I tried calling, going to their website, etc. I ended up having to cancel my credit card like everyone else.

In answer to Lori's question, yes, I used the pills and NO, they do not work. In fact I still had some left when I realized that this wasn't a legitimate company and after doing research on the internet I threw out the remaining pills. I was freaked out that they could of been harmful to me in some way.

I learned my lesson, the hard way.

Wa
  19th of Nov, 2008

If you need to cancel Total Cleanse, calling them will not get it done, the phone number is fake. What you can do is go to this link sflnutrition.com and get on a live chat and cancel your order/trail. Make sure you check your e-mail for confirmation before you exit the chat, and make sure you e-mail the chat to your self before you hit close. If you got charged see if they will credit you the fees, I found the link before my 14 days were over, so i have no experience with them crediting fees back. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Mo
  20th of Nov, 2008

I went to the http://sflnutrition.com website and did the live chat with a customer service rep named Tony.
He was ver helpful and told me my order of both acai berry supreme and total cleanse were canceled.
I printed out our conversation for record along with all the information of the two products I ordered.
I am awaiting my email cancellation confirmation!
Will let you all know when I get it!

Ki
  24th of Nov, 2008

Hi,

The number for canceling pricelimbo is 877-350-8480. Hope this helps.