Abella Mayfair / misleading 'offer' of sample and bullying tactics

North York, CA Review updated:

I did an online survey after a purchase I made and the "gift" for having done the survey was a free sample of wrinkle cream. The screens that took me through the ordering of the sample (which I agreed to pay shipping for of ($4.95) did not mention anything about a subscription. I realized the same day (today) that I had been duped when they added a 2nd product which I DID NOT order and charged me shipping on that as well. The same day I contacted them to let them know to cancel the order and not to ship. After an email thread with 6+ iterations, I have been told that I will have to send the product back and then they can start the process of cancelling my subscription. I advised them that I will be refusing delivery of any package from their company. During this exchange the rep told me that he could lower the price from $99 to $39 for me to "save me the hassle and cost of having to return the product". Then in a subsequent email it went from $39 to $19!!! I will be taking this to my Visa company and disputing any charges that they process to my card. This company needs to be held accountable for these shady practices!!!

Sa
Dec 01, 2016

Comments

• Al
      Dec 09, 2016

You were lucky that yours went down to $ 19.00. I have been charged almost $ 600.00.. I tried to reason with my credit card company, that I did not agree to the above, the only thing I agreed to was to pay for shipping $ 5.95. They said there is nothing they can do for me. I told them that I will be going back to visa...Just signed up for Costco Membership, and this is the Credit Card they offered. I cannot be stuck with $ 600.00. I haven't had an income in 3.5 years. This is impossible .. That to do??? I just think this is unbelievable. Where does one turn to for help and to complain. The company is impossible to deal with, well they are scam artists.