Aarons / rude/ unproffessional customer care

1 somerset st.Plainfield, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (908)-412-1978

I just got off the phone with a customer rep name desmond at the plainfield, new jersey branch, very rude & unprofessional, using slangs like "let me brake it down for you so it won't be broken again." for a minute I thought I was at "renter center" same practice different name, did anybody say class action. So to all consumers in the plainfield, new jersey area buyer/ renter beware!

Comments

• Ji
      24th of Apr, 2013

March 20, I ordered two pairs of 550 Levi jeans in an odd size from WorkingGear.com. The order was confirmed; my credit card was charged $79.98.

Two weeks later, the jeans had not arrived. I called and was told the manufacturer did not make them in the size I wanted. (I found it curious that no one thought to contact me about that. They certainly didn't hesitate to take my money.)

The clerk tried to be helpful and said the 501 jeans came in that size. I said to send them.

When I received them Apr. 19, my husband tried them on and noticed there was no zipper; instead there was a series of buttons.

Today (Apr. 24) I called to try to return them and get my money back. Before I was through with my explanation, the clerk (the original one, as it happens) interrupted me and began yelling at me. I asked if they were no going to accept an responsibility, and the selection of the 501 jeans were made by their clerk, who had not mentioned the buttons. She continued to rant, however, causing me to get quite upset.

I finally asked to speak with her supervisor. she said no one was there but her. I asked if I could call back and talk with them. She wouldn't tell me the supervisor's name at first; finally she gave me a first name. She asked if I wanted to leave a message on her voice mail; I agreed.

After ten minutes on hold (I clocked it), I finally reached the supervisor's voice mail. I left a message for her to contact me. I have since discovered there is no way to reach her directly.

I am very upset with this whole transaction. If the clerk had only been civil with me, I'm sure we could have worked this out.

I do not feel this was my error; instead, I followed the advice given my by their clerk. If she did not know these were not normal jeans, she should not have suggested them.

I checked and on the website, and the picture of these jeans show no indication there are buttons and no zipper. While the description says, "button fly", to me that means there's a button on the fly. There is no mention of multiple buttons.

When I finally wrote the company about this, I received a standard "how to return merchandise" letter. There was no response to my situation. I wrote back and said, "An apology would have been nice for your rude actions." In response, I received the same standard "how to return merchandise" letter.

I will NEVER use these people. There's no excuse for this kind of rudeness.