Aaron's / poor service!

We rented a TV, had been paying for 3 months, then on Labor Day weekend, we took off on a trip to look at some property in northern NV where we bought some property. My wife works overnight shifts, and I am self employed where I work an hour/half from home. We got back from our trip that Sunday, and thought we would take care of all bill that were due that following Saturday when we are both home. Well Aaron's didn't wait a day over our due date, that they were sending an employee to our house. Not at a reasonable hour. The first time the guy came by was a little after 6am! My wife had just got to bed, when the door bell was ringing and pounding at the door!! She told him we would take care of our payment that Sat. when we could come in. Two days later same guy came knocking (pounding) on our door again!! This time was around 7:05 am!! My wife told they guy NOT to come around so early and said we will take care of it!. Then three days later that Sat morning, the same guy (again) showed up a little after 7am!! This time I was home!! I told him NOT to every come to ur house that early!! He laughed at me and told me he could come any time he wanted too!! I them told him to get off my property or I would call the Sheriff! he once again laughed at me!! I was really mad, so when my wife got up we went to pay the bill, then decided to call them and pay over the phone, while we were on hold waiting for them to process our payment, the manager came on the line, and started yelling at my wife, that his employee made a police report against me for threatening him!! What kind of business do they run?? They are worse than loan sharks!! No professional business would ever come knocking on someones door so early in the morning!! The manager said to me that he wanted them to come and pick up our tv!! Then he told us that they are charging us $10 for every time they send some one to our house!!! Convenient for them, when the guy lives right here in this little bitty town? Isn't it just a "bit" unreasonable to send someone over, not only that early in the morning, but 3 times in one week, when my wife specifially told him we were on a trip and coming in to take care of the payment in 7 days???... We called the corporate headquarters and made a complaint. The business is a franchise we were told, and the owners nema is 5 star corp and a man and wife owned it, he also gave me their names... The complaint was sent to them. We should be hearing from them on Mon or Tues. This is ridiculous, they took our payment and now want to come and pick the tv up! We have a 6 month agreement with them, how convenient it is for them to take this back??? Our suggestion before leasing anything from Aaron's is check them out before leasing with them. Even though Aaron's has a standard policy for all the franchises, we are told by corp headquarters, that because it is a franchise, the run things the way they want to. Even if they are out of line. But they CAN get in trouble if they cross the line. They can have their franchise license revoked... Beware!!

Kl

Comments

• Sm
      21st of Feb, 2013

I just would like to say that they cannot come to your door to pick up any items that you are late on they have to file through the courts almost like an eviction landlord cant just make you move they have to go through the courts its a civil mater and you can counter sue them back for the money you already put into the item and also make them pay your attorney fees too come on America don't let them threaten you don't get mad get even oh yeah and you have to be at least thirty days in arrears before they can do it

• Kb
      23rd of Feb, 2013

I agree -I have been lied to -hung up on -this morning my daughter was told to tell me to "Be a woman and get into the office and talk to him". I have already told him twice on the phone I will not havee any money until friday? Do they think harrassing me is going to somehow make me magically materialize funds? I was told this was a 12 month contract -then found out...ooops...the previous manager made it for 18 months...i was laid off so they made me rewrite the 4 month balance on seven months again thereby recharging me more interest -and when the computer failed -they restored it and wiped out my ms works...which cost me over 100.00. And when I was upset about it the manager screamed at me on the phone that he was sick and tired of my s***, just pay my bill. He finally gave me a big 25.00 service credit. When they came this morning at 8 am they pounded and pounded on the door and woke up my disabled grandaughter -thei guy named Chris is horrible...I do not see how these people get jobs and I am laid off? I would never treat a customer like this.

• Me
      9th of Mar, 2013

we were renting a TV 47inch and a brand new tv stand which were on on contract. we had problems with the tv as soon as we got it home the sound kept going out and not all of my HDMI out puts worked! we knew it was used but how used was it? NEVER DISCLOSED, we assumed maybe someone couldn't keep up with the payments as the asking price was 3, 000 $ they say they are competitive with their prices a lie and a joke! we later found out the TV was in fact a 2009 when the TV repair person they sent had to replace the whole switch boar of the tv and he told us the year, imminently we goggled a price for a brand new TV same make and model and found out it was 800$ brand new!!! so after paying 1, 200$ we asked how much we owed on our stand because we wanted to pay it off in full. They told us they couldn't give us a price or a payment amount unless we took the TV off. So we gave the TV back then they said they couldn't tell me a price or amount until i maid a payment of 34$ so i did online and when i tried to look my information up there was none to be found online? They sold the TV to us under false pretenses because they never once disclosed the year of the TV even though they sold it at the price of a new flat screen. Now they are saying only ten dollars a month wen towards my stand out of the 1200 dollars we payed. I have the stand and since they were both on one contract and being payed together then in that case we took the tv off so there fore the balance should have been carried over for our stand and it should be payed in full an i shouldn't owe them a dime!! I am not paying you anything in fact i am considering of suing your company in a class action law suit! this is just plain wrong you are ripping tax payers off and your company ad-hears to the lowest of integrity and morals i have ever in countered you should be ashamed of your selves! want to join up e-mail me [email protected]

• Cr
      21st of Mar, 2013

HI THIS IS CRISSY DANIELS MY COMPUTER IS BEING WORKED ON . YOU GAVE ME A LOANER TILL MY COMPUTER GET FIX . I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE LOANER IT WONT RESPOND TO MY GAMES . IT FREEZES UP. AND IT BLANKS OUT SOME TIMES. AND I WANT SOME ONE TO COME AND GET THE LOARNER COMPUTER PLEASE

• Aa
      1st of May, 2013

NEVER AGAIN...!!! You would be better off getting a loan from the MOB. Al Qaeda would be nicer to deal with than these jerks..
    1 day late on a payment, AND I CALLED to tell them my deposit didn't go through.. Charged me $5 + tax just the same..
    Trust me, you don't want a TV that bad..

• He
      21st of Jun, 2013

If you have purchased any furniture from an Aaron's in West Virginia, YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED! I am not exaggerating; WV has strict regulations limiting the markup for retail pricing, and while Aaron's prices for electronics and computers appear to follow those laws, many of their appliances and ALL of their furniture is priced far higher than allowed. The law has been on the books since 1994, but they do not seem to care. I worked for Rent-A-Center for several years, and had a good relationship with the nearby Aaron's franchise; I was able to compare prices over the years. Their general manager claimed had never heard of the law; with his knowledge of Aaron's cost on individual pieces of furniture, and a calculator, I was unable to find even one piece with a legal markup.
    I believe it is only a matter of time before some Aaron's customer files suit over their cash prices, and it will quickly become a major class-action. Rent-A-Center faced a similar suit in 2008, claiming they overpriced used items; while they never broke any laws, they thought it wise to settle the case for over $3 million in cash, and nearly as much in lost revenue due to changes in their pricing policies. Imagine how much Aaron's would be on the hook for, with prices that ARE actually illegal! Aaron's has many loyal customers, who pay off their purchases either quickly, or over the long term--and all of them have been victimized. It's just a question of who will be willing to step up first, and go through the hassle; if the Rent-A-Center settlement is any indication, it's worth the trouble. The named plaintiffs all received a lump-sum cash award for their efforts, on top of their share of the settlement. I'm out of the industry now, so i don't have anything at stake--but I'd love to see tens of thousands of customers get back the money Aaron's stole from them.

• Pa
      3rd of Oct, 2013

These people advertise falsely and have fine print in the terms of the contract .

• Ca
      14th of Dec, 2013

We rented from Aarons really no problems, we paid money on 20th on 18th rent a center was calling us telling us Aarons was our of business and they took over, we had some issues with are furniture called rent a center, they have no idea what we even have help? Aarons is still open in next town, they also acted like I had more furniture then we do also. Called Aarons main office and they told me to write a letter to company is this all legal?

• Le
      16th of Dec, 2013

Well I've dealt with then to. If they come on your property. Tell them to leave . If they don't. Call sheriff .. if they will not leave your house or remove foot from door then whip there ### or shoot there ###. There in your home against your will. I pulled gun on Aarons guy and he ran for the hills. He called sheriff and sheriff told him I was in my rights. And that I could've killed him legally. So people. Don't put up with it

• Fl
      15th of Apr, 2014

When they came to my door they told me to pay my beeping and stop being a dead beat. this was at 715 am and they woke up the whole neighborhood that saturday morning. So i told them instead of me paying my payment to come get their stuff and I can go somewhere else. Then they decided to come back AT 1030 knowing that my son had a football game at 11 and i would be leaving the house soon. we have been dealing with this company for 3 years and i took my complaint all the way to the top. they were a franchise as well but they ended up paying me 5, 000 for harassment and defamation of character. they also fired their district manager but i still do not go to that company at all. I even got all my money back that i paid to them. having witnesses is a beautiful thing the whole neighborhood came out to testify and the suing process was amazing. they will pay you before they go to court.

• Gh
      12th of Sep, 2014

are they allowed to text you from their personal cell phone? Seems odd. They're trying to find my soon-to-be x-husband

• Ri
      17th of May, 2016

I paide my account with Aarons, they attempted to collect an amount beyond the contract. They carried me to Court. General District Court, Gloucester, VA Dismissed their case w/prejudice against them, on 2/6/2016. They knowingly misrepresent me as a debtor and Charge Off account, after paying in full. This company is corrupt!

• Ri
      17th of May, 2016

Aarons is a cheat!

• Ek
      12th of Jul, 2016
    Aarons Furniture Rentals - Rude and stealers
    Aarons Furniture Rentals

I got a TV from them and signed a 24 month lease agreement. It's been past 24 months, I paid every month for past two years, yesterday I found out that I only made 19 payments, how can that be?? I looked at the printed payment schedule that was given to me with their lease agreement and my last payment was suppose to be 7/15. They are liers, and stealers. The guy that I spoke over the phone was yelling at me and tell me that I'm a liar. Couple of months ago they charged my debit card, to some one else's account, if I was the person that didn't check my account daily I would have paid for some one else things. I mean what is going on? Don't lease from them.

• Le
    Aarons Furniture Rentals - Unauthorized charges
    Aarons Furniture Rentals

I have dealt with arrons for about five years and never had a problem until now I got behind and they were either tring to knock my door down or calling me all times of day. I explain I would bring the payment in on the 21 and they told me to send the stuff back until that time and they would bring it back. Then they asked for a posted dated check and told me they would submitted it that day the next day I recieved papers to go to court. This morning they called again. I never realize they would act this way.

• Uj
    Aarons - What should have been new
    2900 S Cobb Dr SE # C
    Smyrna
    Georgia
    Phone: (770) 333-9870

Ordered living room suite under the impression it was a brand new suit. upon delivery the bottom of the love seat was torn away, the sofa legs were missing the studs to mount them. I was promised that they would take care of this issue its been over a month, I haven't seen anyone. I have gone to the store several times to resolve this issue, and to my suprize nothing has been done. I have asked the manager to get me a new suite again they refuse to do that even though this is "a new suite " .

• Br
    Arons - hurasment
    arons
    Jacksonville Beach
    Florida

My family has been getting phone calls none stop from the arons we are renting from asking for the little money we owe them.But its not just the fact that we have already told them that we will pay them by the end of the week its the way they talk to you when u answer the phone.I my self just got a call from one of there sales reps who was the most arigant person i have ever talk to in my life. He called and asked for my father and i told him he was not home at the time so i asked if he wanted to leave a message and he say that he doesnt know is my father going call him back this time. witch to me was a very uncalled for reply to a very nicely asked question.

• Up
    Aarons Sales Lease - Customer Service and delivery
    Aarons Sales and Lease
    Western Blvd
    Jacksonville
    North Carolina

I am having problems with the Jacksonville, NC Aarons store which is idependently owned and operated.
    Well I rented a washer and dryer from them back in March 08. I was very happy with them until about a month later I looked behind my dryer and found that when theys delivered it the kicked a hole in my wall which they failed to mention. I was very upset called the sales person I got it from and told him he apologized to me and told me the GM will call me to take care of it. Well a month went by still no response, so I went to the store to talk to the GM and he told me he needed to talk to the owner about it first. But the owner was on vacation so I had to wait till he got back. Another month went by went to the store again to find out what was going on I was told the GM was on his honeymoon and when he got back he would contact me. Another month went by still no response went to the store again and the GM said there was no way his driver could kick a hole through my wall I told him to come out and he would see it was a foot that had gone through my wall. He still didnt believe another month went by went to the store again very upset this time he sent a delivery person out to look at it and he took a pic by his phone and txt it to the GM. Confirming that someone had kicked a hole in my wall he apologized and said he would fix it right away. Well another month went by still have a hole in the wall I went to the store and told the GM that I wasnt going to make another payment until they fixed my wall. He said I understand I wil get someone on it right away. Well another month past went into the store again and the GM told me the employee that they had that could fix it was no longer with them. He would have to find somebody else well another month went by they finally came by one time to repair my wall I wasnt at home at the time. They finally came out and started on the wall he put a patch on it which looks horrible and they want me to paint it and finish sanding it . I will not pass my move out inspection with the way they did this and want me to finish it I am pregnant and can not do that kind of stuff they did the damage they need to fix it. Well know they are harrasing me for my payment I keep telling them when they fix my wall I will pay them. They keep sending this guy out to harrass me and he didnt know what was going on when he was out here I told him the story he called the GM and told him what was going on. I got on the phone with the GM and he was yelling and screaming at me I told him I wasnt going to deal with him anymore. I wanted to talk to the owner since this store is independently owned the owner got on the phone with was yelling and cursing at me saying my wall was finished I need to stop being a deadbeat and pay my bill I told him to take me to court and he hung up on me. Well still have unfinished wall and getting harrassed on a daily basis. Anybody have any advice.

• Cr
    Aarons - RUDE UNPROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES
    Aaron's Rent to own
    Fort Campbell Blvd
    Clarksville
    Tennessee
    Phone: 9204141

This place houses the rudest employee's. If you get behind the slightest amount they will harass you continually. Not to mention home visits where they will try and push past a family member in a wheelchair. They will not provide you with any information that you ask for including what you owe or management information to file a formal complaint. If you complain or call them out on their lies they will threaten to retrieve their items that you have on a contract thus making you lose thousands of dollars that you have already spent on the merchandise. Their business practices are unethical and very unprofessional. I warn anyone not to rent anything from this company as you will lose your money. I have never been so appalled by a businesses conduct before in my life.

• Kr
      25th of Aug, 2016
    Aarons Rents - Harrassing my family, been with them for 13 yrs!
    Aarons Rents

I have rented stuff from Arron's for over 13 yrs now! I miss my payment date due to weather conditions and then call all my references at 9 am on a saturday!! The allentown Arron's on south fourth street has gone down hill quickly! Your lucky to speak to the same person twice and hope they speak english! Last time I made my payment three people it took to wait on me! The first girl was too busy texting on her phone to complete my payment, so another worker came to pick up her slack! If I coul dhave understood this worker the transaction would have been done from there! But no a third person came to finish my payment!! Never will I go here again!! Ur losing a value customer!!