AAA Auto Insurance / AAA is ripping people off

I took out AAA car insurance on June 8th, two weeks later the underwriters called to take a survey and go over the policy. EVERTHING WAS FINE ACCORDING TO THEM. I got a notice in the mail on Sat.July 8th(AAA is closed until Monday) stating that of Monday the 10 my insurance would be cancled due to the fact that I was a service contractor..................I clean houses, dont carry machines or anything other than a mop and broom! They knew what I did before and took my 421.00 dollars and sent me a policy..................... AAA is ripping people off and I think something should be done to stop this. I had a few hours to get more insurance. The sad thing is I am 53 years old have been driving since I was 16 and I have never had a ticket or an accident and this should account for something.

St

Comments

9th of Aug, 2008

I hate AAA! My husband had auto insurance through them and on our way home from out of state, on Christmas Eve, we were hit and our truck was totaled. We were forced to stay in a hotel out of state on Christmas day and the day after our truck was announced totaled and we financed a new vehicle. Our car payment was usually due on the 1st but seeing as how it was the 16th and we got a NEW truck with the same policy, they said they would take care of the pay off...well. three months later, I check our credit reports and lowe and behold, GMAC reported our old truck payment as 3 months late! I called them and they said the pay-off check didn't come in for 3 months! WTF?! They told us they were aware and we didn't have to pay when we called in December!!!
    I need a lawyer to clean up my husband's credit report! It is not our fault the payment was 3 months late and GMAC will not take it off his credit!

Does anyone know of a good lawyer for credit report clean ups?????????????

9th of Aug, 2008

Sorry, it is supposed to say the 26th, not the 16th...I was typing too fast with all of my raving!

• Ri
      5th of Jan, 2010

On Dec. 22, 1994 my wife and I were stopped in traffic when a speeding car hit us from behind. We both had to be bodyboarded out of the car. AAA has screwed us ever since. Besides their lawyer lying repeatedly and being denied medical treatment once they found out we had AAA ("they never pay their bills), it's been a nightmare ever since. I got the brunt of the injuries. A brain injury and four major surgeries on my spine have left me on social security disability since 1995. AAA owes us thousands for reimbursed medical expenses which when questioned, are always met with excuses and delays. I use to attend a support group for people with brain injuries and anytime AAA was mentioned, those that had their coverage, would curse them. Have you heard the latest joke? AAA is doing radio spots, by the CEO no less, saying how his company cares about people. I make it a point to tell anyone that will listen how corrupt AAA is.

• La
      12th of Nov, 2010

I hate AAA. I was hit by another driver in August and as of November they are still giving me the runaround. They only contact me after several calls and filing a compliant with the Better Business Bureau. The customer service people are tremely rude and unhelpful.

• Re
      12th of May, 2016

800;00 for a 129;00 oil change and giving the bulk of the money back to the owner in cash this is a crime a scam and this is why our towing is so expensive it every time they do work this is one thing many others just do a sting bring in a truck that does not need work let them bring it to him to work on it, and get the whole bunch .