24 Protect Plus / taking money out of bank without permission

1 TN, United States Review updated:

24 protect plus took money out of my bank account without my permission to me that is stealing .i want my money back or i will turn this company in for frad.

Comments

• La
      8th of Jan, 2008

They got me too. Luckily I noticed it the first month. I bought something on Intellius and got charged by 24 Protect Plus. I immediately called the number on my credit card bill. While on hold for ten minutes, I looked the company up and found a few complaint boards like this, detailing how the company works. The first lady I talked to there said she was going “update my information” and hung up on me. So I called back and talked to a guy who cancelled my membership. There are class action law suits against the company in at least three states. I brought this up to the guy when I asked for a refund and he quickly complied. We’ll see if the charges come off in the next couple days.

• Pz
      11th of Jan, 2008

Wow!! I too got taken by 24Protect Plus them. I too used that same amex card to purchase something from Intellius. I can't confirm for sure but it seems to me that Intellius and 24Protect Plus has some kind of thing going on here. How sad.

11th of Jan, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I bought something from Intellius on my Amex in October and just noticed that they have been charging me for 24 Protect Plus since then. I never ordered 24 Protect Plus (I didn't even know what it was). When I called and said this, they quickly agreed to cancel all fees. I also reported this to Amex.

• De
      20th of Jan, 2008

I also used Intellis and got nailed by 24 protect plus for an unauthorized $14.95 I sent Intellis an E-mail asking them if they were in on the scam and to inform them that if they did not apologise for allowing 24 Protect plus access to my Debit card info and to send me proof that Intellis had terminated their association with 24 Protect plus that I would submit my story to several Internet scam sites. I never got a response from Intellis so as far as I am concerned Intellis is also a scam.

• Ri
      28th of Jan, 2008

Intellis must be the people that allowes 24 protec plus to usr their CC info. I got an address in DesPlaines Il about 15min from me, if my bank doesn't do something tomorrow I will be in their office with the DesPlains police dept

• Pa
      6th of Apr, 2008

These rip-off so called 'companies' are still at it. in April of 2008. 24 Protect Plus and WLI Reservation Rewards scammed me for 7 months before i noticed. Don't ever go to VISTAPRINT.COM. I bought business cards through VISTAPRINT.COM and without my consent or even knowledge was signed onto their 'service'.

I believe that VISTAPRINT.COM is just a front for these other bogus companies so that they hook you and get your credit card information.

Same old thing, they immediately cancel and refund your money, but are continuing to get away with stealing from people year after year. I have seen posts going back to at least 2004. Is anyone out there listening??

These companies are so dangerous because they teeter on the edge of legality, continuing to get away with their fraud, despite thousands of online complaints.

The real villains are the retailers that allow these scam artists to hover on their site preying upon innocent people because they themselves are making a commission every time you and i are stolen from. These are a few of the sites that I"ve learned support thieves like 24ProtectPlus and WLI ReservationRewards.
    I'm sure there are many many more.
    ea
    ONLINE MOVIE TICKETS
    EXPEDIA.COM

• Ly
      7th of Apr, 2008

Charged my card for four months without authorization!

• Do
      10th of Apr, 2008

I too was ripped off by 24 Protect Plus following an info search on Intelius. After discovering a complaint that I posted on line, the company refunded my money and sent me a letter of apology. Apparently, they appease those who complain loud enough but keep the money from those that don't. If only 25 percent of their fraudulent sales go undisputed, they've got themselves a nice little business.

Pauline R. has the right idea: post a list of companies that support scam artists like 24 Protect Plus. I knew that AOL was a rip off, but Southwest Air is a new one to me. That's the last time I book a flight with them. Thanks for the info!

• Ha
      24th of Apr, 2008
    24Proctectplus - unauthorized charge
    24ProtectPlus
    Spartanburg
    South Carolina
    Phone: 864-433-1385

A charge of $19.95 showed up on my account I didn't even know who the company was . I called the company they couldn't give me in information their system was down.

• Pa
      13th of May, 2008

They got me too. I went through Intellius for a phone number.Just called today, she said she will credit. Got the email confirmation. I emailed back that they better credit me the last few months( I just noticed this month!) I have been paying this since Jan 08! Told them if they do not, will do a chargeback for fraud. This is a dangerous company.
    Another company, to look out for doing this same this is ILD, it appears on your phone bill. I think these things are "bulleted" on websites, in other words already checked and when you get your phone number and are finished, unless you UNCHECK it you are charged! Total scam and wrong! Make it known who these crooks are!

• Ta
      16th of May, 2008

does anyone have their number, i too have noticed money coming out of my account every month.

• Ro
      13th of Jun, 2008

I was trying to find a sister i hadn't talked with in years and used one of the find someone .com or what ever it was and was only supposed to be charged $1.95 for one time use then i noticed that protect plus was taking 19.95 and i have never used them. there is another company named pmidentity that has their hand in my account also. It seems both have been taking 19.95 a month out of my account and with no permission I WANT MY MONEY BACK YOU RIP OFF ###. If i dont see some results I'm going to try to start a lawsuit against all those that allow these people access to their websites and the people doing it . Seems they make alot of money, even if they only do it occassionally before the plug gets pulled . If you have had this happen to you, e-mail me the phone # of the party and well see what we can get back ...if anything . This is the same old case of fraud. Use RIPOFF for the subject so ill know what to open

• Ro
      13th of Jun, 2008

i just got off the phone with my bank AND the credit card fraud police and they told me to call these company's Monday and try to explain the situation, and if they don't stop they will start an investigation, so I'm on hold until Monday By the way protectplus has a phone # and it is 888-840-6301. So if you are tired of getting ripped off call and do something about it, if they dont make it right call in CA. 800-285-6816 (credit card fraud) > if protectplus doesnt do right, you may have to cancel the card and apply for a new one

• Ni
      13th of Jul, 2008

Ya they took money out of my bank account too. I had them and 3 other companies doing the same thing. It all leads back to Intelius. I called Intelius and the lady told me well when you go to your report if you don't want to be signed up your suppose to click no thanks take me to my report. I told her that I did both times I used your website and I was STILL signed up for it anyways which is not right at all. They keep pissing me off and making me extremly mad.

I called 24 protect plus and was transfered to a EXTREMELY RUDE supervisor who told me that I could only get 2 months worth of money back. I yelled THEN I AM GOING TO FILE A LAWSUIT because I had to close my bank account. The next day I called again and got a nicer person and I was told I would get ALL of my money back in 2 business days but it has been over a week and still no money.

I called the other 3 companies too and was promised my money back and still I got nothing from them.

I am filing a lawsuit and getting this company shut down.

Oh and just so you know PMIDENITY which is Privacy Matters 123, well they are the SAME EXACT company as 24 Protect Plus. Same companies just 2 different names.

• La
      21st of Jul, 2008

Just got off the phone with this so- called Company. I also unknowingly got charged through Intellius. Got to a Supervisor and he was not willing to undo the charge until i started yelling and told him that i was going to call Connecticut Consumer Affairs. Both people that i spoke with had accents (I thought that i might have been speaking to people from India). The only Protection that I need is from Scam Artists like this one.

• Ni
      21st of Jul, 2008

Same here. I called both companies again and 24 said that they had refunded all my money and it was approved which is BS because I didn't see any money get put into my account. Then PMITENDITY told me I wasn't in their system anymore which means they took me out so they didn't have to refund me. Little do both companies know I have records of what they took out.

• Jh
      24th of Nov, 2008

I agree with you all and I hope something stops these people from being so scandalous. I had no clue as to what this charge was, but I searched 24Protect Plus and found lots of good information on these people. It all started with a phone number search for 1.95 on Intellius.

Apparently my husband did not "UNCHECK" a box they "CHECKED" for him consenting to a monthly charge for a membership he has no idea about. THAT IS WRONG and should be ILLEGAL.

I called them and my first words were, "I'm sure you get this call a lot...You all charging people's credit cards without a person even knowing it because YOU have a box checked and a person is suppose to SEE it and UNCHECK it or else you charge them." She said, "Yes, I will have the charge refunded immediately and you will see it in the next 2 business days, thank you." Amazing...

BEWARE what you do online. I will be very cautious for now on. check this out as well... /URL removed/

• Co
      24th of Jan, 2009

Okay what number can I call to get a refund of my stolen money?

19th of Feb, 2009

Just called this Protec plus 123 for the third time.Charging my credit card for over a year first 19, 95 a month then 22, 95 a month. for a year or more.
    called and asked for all my money back & they still owe me 90, 00 dollars or more.
    This is total FRAUD RIP OFF JUNK SCAM Nothing to offer company.
    There still charging my credit card every month.
    Someone get the LAW on these ### of the earth!!!
    Went online looking for a freinds phone # for 1.95 and they have been scamming us since. Joe

• Fu
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I just got off the phone with 24 protect plus and they told me that i will be getting none of my money back ($300.00 +). I am looking for a class action suit to join. any suggestions on where to look.