24 Hour Fitness / wrongfully billed

1 San Marcos, CA, United States Review updated:

I've been getting billed monthly when i cancelled my account 2 months ago. I would like this figured out ASAP.

Zo

Comments

• 24
      18th of Feb, 2010

That's funny because I cancelled my membership 3 months ago, and they're still charging me. When you cancelled, did they tell you that they would call you the next day? Because they told me that, and I never received a call. So I confronted them about the billing error, and they basically told me that it's my fault for not calling them and not cancelling... Even though I told them at front desk.

24 Hour Fitness is a major scam. $60 for "Sports Membership." Not sure how much the regular membership is, but it's about a $20 difference. I complained to corporate and they told me they'll refund my $300 billing error. But here's the kicker, I told the manager I want a refund back because they charged me for three months that I never used. (Told them to cancel + not going to 24 hour fitness again) Managers response was, "You invested your money in our corporate." Technically, I didn't invest any money if I cancelled three months ago...

P.S. I also find it funny how they promote good health and stabilizing a normal weight and yet, almost every employee is on steroids. Priceless