2005 Subaru Outback / Faulty wheel bearing

Complained of a wheel bearing failure on my 2005 Subaru Outback. My service ad adviser was named "Mike". I was charged $98.95 for the diagnosis and told that "all 4 tires cupped". No other service performed. The noise continue after the tires were replaced.

Located a recall notice on a website, contacted Subaru of McKinney and was advised to bring the car in.

Delivered the Subaru to Subaru of McKinney where the right rear wheel bearing was replaced under warranty.

Sa

Comments

• Tr
      3rd of Dec, 2010

I had the same issue with the rear wheel bearings failing. In addition, the front axle boots tore and I was told I need to replace them. I have had problems with my 05 Outback on a continuous basis for example, the interior light constantly burns out, I have had to replace the tires so many times I have lost track, today I just lost power steering (I am about to research it), the stereo display went out, I replace headlights at least once a year, the shocks need to be replaced and there are many other little issues with the car. I am thoroughly disappointed with Suburu and I will NEVER invest in any product from this company again. Oh, and my uncle owns a Forester and had to replace the head gasket within the first 2 years of its life.