2004 Subaru Legacy / Threatening to drive
Our 2004 subaru legacy has been nothing short of life threatening to drive. purchased by private sale in 06, with a fully transferable warranty, we thought we were getting a deal, and we were. First problem was total loss of throttle control, the car would go nowhere. We had a diagnostic check at the local garage and came up with a code for failed tps. Took it to the dealer, the car tested fine and the problem went away.Happened again a few weeks later, stuck in rush hour traffic with no throttle control. Again, at the dealer still no problem, but diagnosed a completely unrelated component and fixed that.
The recent problem results in total loss of the brakes. the brake pedal will not depress, and the car will not slow, not at all. This allmost killed my wife and son at a busy intersection.Of course after the car cools down from the short tow to the dealer, it runs perfectly fine. Oh, I forgoto to mention that our dealer also forgot to reattach a seatbelt harness that fell out of the frame and into my lap at a traffic light.
More 2004 Subaru Legacy Complaints & Reviews
- 2005 Subaru Outback - Faulty wheel bearing 
- Glanzman Subaru - service manager 
- Subaru, Ganley Subaru - What Subaru and Ganley Subaru especially don't want you to know
- performance subaru WRX - consignment auto sale 
- Subaru Tribeca 2008 - hesitation problem since new 
- Subaru Corporation - Bait and Switch
- Subaru - Unethical business practice 
- Subaru Tribeca - bad paint job on my subaru tribeca. subaru representive not cooperating with me, to get this problem resolved.
- Subaru - overly high costs 
- Subaru - body is thiner than pepsi can