2003 Volkwagon Jetta / defective water pump

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I was operating my volkwagon jetta down the street from my house. Vehicle has 85000kms. Operating the vehicle on the last valid day of my 5 year powertrain warranty. Vehicle overheated.
Turned out the PLASTIC impellar on the water pump busted. VW canada only covered the water pump and not the labour. Placed a new identical water pump in my vehicle. VW advised that they would not pay the entire bill because I did not have the vehicle diagnosed on the day in question. Even though all the dealerships were closed and I wasnt able to bring my vehicle in. That is not indicated in the contract. VW further advised me that even if I brought my vehicle in the day after they would not have covered the warranty. Ultimatley means that VW does not honour their warranties.

Da

Comments

16th of Oct, 2008

I agree. I own a VW Jetta 2003 (1.8). I have experienced numerous problems since purchasing my vehicle, have spent over $8, 000 in repairs over the past 2and a half years. Water pump went out at 92, 000 miles, completely destroying the engine since the engine is an interference engine. After having the engine replaced (over $5, 000 for parts and labor), the engine fan mogile went out, numerous electrical issues, just recently engine fan switch went bad causing the car to overheat which in turn blew the secondary water pump 1 week after replacing engine fan switch and secondary water pump the engine fans themselves went bad causing the engine to again overheat. Still owe 2 and a half years of payment and almost $9, 000 total in repairs already.VW America will do NOTHING. I am not rich and am being drained financially by my car. I hear your frustrations.