2002 BMW 330ci Convertible / potential life threat
I have a 2002 BMW 330i convertible. Yesterday (7/20/2007) I was driving on an expressway in Baltimore, Md when my car stalled. The highway was extremely busy and my husband and I are lucky we did not get killed. There were several lights (error lights) lit up, eml, check engine soon, brakes and one more like a triangle. I called the nearest BMW dealer and was told to bring the car or tow the car to them. After I shut off the ignition and restarted the car, I could drive about 25 mph to the dealer.
After putting the car on a computer they told me it was a problem involving the wiring harness and the throttle body and it would cost $ 1700.00 to repair. After having many cars in my life time, I questioned why I had never heard of this repair before and why was it so expensive. My car was out of warranty last year. I left the car, got a loaner from the BMW dealer and went home. I got on the internet and found so many people had the same problem with their BMW that I called BMW directly. They did not assume the responsibility, but said they would talk to the dealer and get back to us. In 8 minutes I got a call from the dealer saying that BMW would be paying the $ 1000.00 for the parts, but we would still have to pay for the labor ($ 700.00) and now we could not have a "loaner car". You may say, this is a good thing, but from the TBS (technical bulletin) that BMW had given their dealer in 2003, they should have paid for the entire problem, not just the parts. Why was this not a recall? Why wasn't I notified there was a potential problem? Do a certain amount of people have to die from something like this before there is a recall?
I am incensed at this whole deception. What else is wrong with my car that I do not know about? Does anyone have a suggestion relative to this problem?
Thank you for letting me vent my anger!
More 2002 BMW 330ci Convertible Complaints & Reviews
- BMW - bmw 6 series auto has problems with on board computer 
- BMW X3 2007 - loud annoying noise from drive train. 
- BMW Canada - vehicle problems! 
- Bmw Uk - scam hp - 622129, 8468009522 
- BMW Canada - poor customer service 
- BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - bmw x5 (year 2015) tire service & alignment
- [Resolved] BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - bmw 2 series grand tourer
- BMW cars - pathetic service and multiple quality issues with bmw
- BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - extremely poor service, aggressive manager with no respect for customer
- BMW Automobile Company - true or false