1and1.com / false charges

NY, US Review updated:

Falsely billed for charges on closing the account rather than renewing it. Turned over to nco financial 2 months after closing the account and believing that all fees had been cancelled when I cancelled the account. Now an 8.99 charge from 1and1 — - which I specifically asked them if there were any other charges I needed to take care of — - is being added to by a 18.95 charge for collection.

They lied to me, and now they are trying to hijack my credit score. They need to go down.

Looking into contacting the us attorneys office. This is ridiculous.

Comments

• Cl
      Oct 09, 2009

I'd like to file a class action lawsuit against this company. Anyone with me?

1and1 is ruining people's credit if people let their subscription expire. That's crazy! I have plenty of hosting accounts on the internet, so I am very familiar with hosting policies. When a subscription expires, and your card is expired, your prepay doesn't go through. That then cancels the account. But I guess 1and1 finds that it's profitable to threaten people with a collection agency if they don't prepay for the next term without clicking the 'cancel' button, which is not even available on your control panel!

Anyone else think this is an unfair business practice? I think we should contact the Abbey Spanier law firm and file a class action lawsuit!