Comerica Bankcustomer service

S Review updated:

I have never been treated so badly by any "customer service" rep. Her name was Nelly, she was beyond rude. In fact, I have never been treated that badly in my life. WIll be contacting BBB to let them know what kind of business this bank is running. Not only did Comerica not send me out a new card before mine expired, they then said they were Rushing a card to me and I should get it in 4 days... A week later still no way to get money from my account besides having to actually deal with the horrible service in the bank. I called and card services said they manager at the Comerica Bank here in Arizona NEVER actually had a new card sent out to me. So now I have to wait another 7-10 days before I can get "another" card. I have been with this bank for 26 years and am no longer able to stand the lack of customer service this bank offers. What bank can't issue a temp. replacement ATM card?

• S
      May 27, 2009

Comerica Bank just sucks in MANY ways.

I am going to leave this plain and simple BECAUSE they actually pay people to pretend to be normal consumers and go out and respond to each and every complaint that they find against themselves, regardless of the reason and regardless of how well deserved it is. Just watch, someone will respond against this complaint - even though I have given absolutely no details about my situation with them. It is their sworn duty, one in which they are paid to do - protect the king against the peasants complaints. Well, I say OVERTHROW the king.

• S
      May 27, 2009

Just leave it to now for them not to respond. Proves my point, either way.

•   Nov 21, 2009

Hey guess what...they aren't paying me and I say you sound a bit paranoid. You have no point.

• L
      Jan 04, 2012

I am a single mother of two. On December 15, 2011, I had $645 in the bank. I went to an ATM machine to withdraw $500 to purchase Christmas presents for my children and buy food for our Christmas meal. I'm not trying to pull at your heart strings, but you need to understand what heartless people I have dealt with at Comerica Bank.

When the ATM dispensed the cash, the slot wasn't big enough to handle the $500, so it got jammed inside the machine. As a security feature of the ATM, it retracts the cash so no one else can fish it out. Well they deducted $500 plus their $3 fee for the cash I never received. I immediately went inside the branch and told them what happened. They were able to contact someone in their ATM operations and knew for a fact that the money was not dispensed and was retracted. There is no question that I didn't get the cash. They told me I had to file a complaint in order to get the money back and it would be there within ten days.

Today is January 3, 2012 and I still have not received a credit for the money their machine stole from me. I go to the branch and they tell me it should post as a credit tonight, but it never does.

This is a common happening. I have talked to many other people and posted this on my social networks and many have told me this happened to them, but the bank gave them a conditional credit since they are able to determine that the money wasn't dispensed.

Why would I not be given a conditional credit like others? They know and admit they never dispensed my cash, yet they do nothing. If I owed them a dollar, they would be calling everyone of my relatives and trying to ruin my credit as soon as possible, in addition to adding ungodly fees and charges.

Please do me a favor and do not do business with this bank. They have really hurt me and caused me to have the most stressful and depressing Christmas ever. I wish I was rich and could afford a $500 mistake like this, but I'm not. Thanks. Lorena

• P
      Feb 02, 2012

Comerica Bank does not provide adequate customer care. They do not mind going back 10 years to find mistakes that benefit them but can't go back to benefit customer. The only reply is do you have a receipt, no I do not keep receipts back that far but I am not ###ed and I know they would have allowed me to open a second acct if I owed. In the event they did their mistake so they should eat. When I've had the money many times over to pay.

• C
      May 31, 2012

whythelongfaces...your an ###! The same thing just happened to me!!! The atm sucked my money back in cause I took too long to remove it and yes, it credited that money but then I tried the atm again and was told unable to process your request at this time and it still deducted another 130 that it never gave me...so answer that???? I got the same runaround she did and they are incompetent people whom work there...Comerica sucks!!! I will be looking for another bank today!!! I have banked with them just as long and have had major problems with them over the last 5 yrs!!! Customer service and appreciation is not what it used to be!!! She's right!!!

• L
      May 31, 2012

DON'T MIND IF I DO. WHICH BANK DO YOU RECOMMEND?