Columbia House DVDNot able to cancel membership

T

Columbia house is sending me DVD's I am NOT ordering faster than I can keep up with them. For that reason, my account is always in arrears for products I did not get a chance to decline. I have sent the company several e-mails complaining about this, but have so far not resolved the issue. (MY membership requirements have been fulfilled and I now want out!!!)

• Ed
    eddie Dec 02, 2008

just want to cancel my memebership. dont have time to always cancel, cant keep up. dont like dvds to be send without my permission.i am out of town and do not have my account number. the 800 # is useless.

• Sf
    sfe333 Nov 05, 2008

Any company that is willing to take your money, set up a mandatory automatic mailing of their products without ability to cancel membership from the site that you can update any other information, is not ethical. I want out too, and i will never again do business with this company and will be warry next time i sign up for something like this and will make sure i can cancel membership once fullfilments are achieved (which mine are with Columbiahouse dvd). But at the same time, you signed up and agreed for the service so it is not a scam, they do exactly what they say.. its just really unfortunate that they want to make it very difficult for their customers to get out if they want, OR AT LEAST OPT OUT FOR THE ###ING STUPID DIRECTORS SELECTION!!

• Br
    Brianna Jun 15, 2008

Biggest ### ever. I have never even heard of these people and they sent me a bill for 124.70???? Does anyone know what i can do about this? email me at [email protected]

• Je
    Jessica Smith Jul 06, 2007

I too was a victim of their scam but I was able to cancel my membership. My recommendation is to call the 1-800 # and ask to cancel your account. If you are unable to get a hold of anyone than return the next DVD with a letter requesting the following:

1. To cancel the account
    2. Send a final invoice to you upon cancellation
    3. Remove your name from all of their marketing material

Make sure you pay the extra money to track the package.