College Pro PaintersPoor Service and Sloppy Work

C

I hired College Pro Painters in Aug/2009 for the worst paint job ever. Poor preparation by 3 painters due to lack of training re their Manager, Andrew Segovia who was no better. Filthy drop sheets, dirty ladders, poor quality paint and brushes. Paint spilt, roller marks on several walls etc. Never cleaned up after the 2 days there as per their contract. Rushed job, was scheduled for 3 days instead of 2 as the Manager had another job for them on 3rd day. One painter stood on my fireplace to paint. It took weeks to get the manager to come back and try and repair all the damage to the walls and never did. I sent complaints to the Better Business Bureau and to the Vice President Will Macmillan who took months playing telephone tag with me and to no avail, refused to refund me for the services never provided.

Please do not not hire this company unless you need a dog house painted.

• Sp
    spanky 2 Mar 26, 2010

If you want average work and paints use COLL.Pro, ASK what paint they use, Pratt and Lambert, Benjamin Moore, Sears' Glidden, etc. NO THEY DON't...
    Average unskilled workers.
    Use a skilled experienced pro and get referals, that is BEST !!!
    I don't fix my own car, do you??
    I don't do my own electriccal, do you
    Get what I mean, I think so.
    WOW< painting 70 houses in a year, That is VOLUME!!!
    Never had that much work, I don't sub out>> Ido it all myself, my name at risk..
    pros are pros plain and simple, do not go the cheapest way, bad stuffCAN happen.
    SPAKKY...

• Wm
    wmacmillan Mar 25, 2010

I am the VP of College Pro's Eastern Canada Division. I reviewed the comments from Mrs. Caron and Spanky2 and felt compelled to offer up a comment.

Based on Mrs. Caron’s comments above, we have missed expectations for her, and I am very sorry about that. I am very happy to work toward a resolution in that matter, and have actively tried to contact Mrs. Caron to do so. As a company, we take quality very seriously and do not collect final payment on the work performed until the contract has been fulfilled, the customer is completely satisfied, and the work performed meets the customer's standards and expectations. If there was an issue during production on the job, it was not brought to my attention, and Mrs. Caron paid in full for the work completed without any comments or issues. It was not until weeks after the job was completed that issues were brought to my attention, and I have been actively trying to work with Mrs. Caron to resolve her concerns. We welcome the opportunity to meet with Mrs. Caron so that she can show us exactly what her concerns are, and we can more appropriately address these concerns about the work performed and work toward a resolution.

Regarding Spanky2—while he is entitled to his opinion, I wanted to present some facts about College Pro, and how our student managers are able to very effectively produce quality paint jobs at a reasonable price. In my division, each year we achieve, at minimum, a 96% customer satisfaction rate. As I stated above, as a company, we take quality very seriously and do not collect final payment on the work performed until the contract has been fulfilled, the customer is completely satisfied, and the work performed meets the customer's standards and expectations. Specifically, Andrew Segovia, over 3 years of working with College Pro, has painted nearly 200 homes. During that time, Andrew has only had 3 customers that he has not been able to satisfy 100%. This is hardly the record of an inexperienced painter or manager who is unable to deliver quality work.

• Sp
    spanky 2 Mar 22, 2010

I've been a house painter since 1975-man I'm old. Anyway, especially when it comes to work that requires skilled workmanship, you CANNOT even dream of getting 18 year olds that don't give a ### regarding workmanship.
    Don't want to be an ###, I've made similar mistakes(gettin the kid next door to do my lush lawn), well, you can guess what happened, things like that you know.
    We all take pride in our homes, and nothin wrong at all getting 3 quotes(I do now)and trying to save a few bucks. But, A good referal on top quality wokmanship, to me is worth a little extra cost. I always tip my mechanic, not the owner, stuff like that.
    Anyway, College Pro has NEVER done acceptable work, let alone Quality Work. I have heard, and had to fix their work for ages. Forget thinking they will fix it.Cheap workmanship, paint, equipment, and above ALL cheap labour..Iexperience in every stage of painting, they just come in REAL CHEAP just to get the job!!!
    People have had pretty good success in small claims court, it's not that hard in Canada, it only costs about $75 to buy the package from Provincial Court Office, and you can serve them the papers yourself, no need to hire a "Server". I understands you can get away without a lawyer if you want as the judges are very supportive if you tell you story and Document Everything. You can get a laywer and sue for costs included in claim, but if you don't get judgement, you pay the lawyer.
    It's not all that hard, really.AND, it's the only way you will EVER get satisfaction.
    Good Luck...Spanky2