Coles Supermarketscoles victoria gardens store 686

This is the complains to Coles Victoria Gardens store 686. I usually shop in the morning before 9am, there are only 1 check out line open. Last week I only need to pay for 1 item but people in front of me had a whole trolley. There are more than 5 people waiting, we complained as a lot of us need to go to work. Then store manager Brad came and opened the self check out. I asked Brad "what time does self check out open", he didn't give me a time, just said " it is open". This morning I went to shopping again at 8.40am, only need to pay 1 item. There are only one check out open as usual and there are 2 people waiting already. I went to self check out and assumed like store manager Brad did, if there are more people waiting to pay and not enough lines open you can use the self check out. However, there are 3 ladies came saying you can't use it. I said I asked Brad last time and there is no sign saying you can't use a self check out and there is no opening hours visible to customers the opening hours for self check out. They had a go with me because I am trying to pay and I made a comment, "if you don't want people to use self check out, put a big sign for open and close time and make sure you have enough regular check out lines open". Woolworth the Hive in Richmond did heaps better as they always have people stand by to let customer pay. I am just wondering instead of arguing with customer whether you should or should not use the self check out, why can't your store work on customer service, if there is no waiting time, why would people use self check out? why can't 3 girls just help me pay and let me go back to work asap? Even bring me to a different regular line to pay.