Coles Supermarkets Australiasunrice australian brown 5kg

F Jul 26, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have approach a staff at the self serve area on Friday 26 July 2019 at around 2.30pm to request a raincheck for 3 bags of Sunrise Australian Brown 5kg, which was on special, listed in your supplement catalog on half price at $8 (was $16) but the item was not on the shelf, there is only 1 bag of Medium Grain behind the yellow special label (also half price).

I requested the sales lady at the self serve area to check the availability then she check the catalogue and found it was listed there which she then suggest that she will prepare a raincheck ready for pickup on my payment of other goods I bought from the store. It was fine with that, and this is where the problem started, I had decided to buy 3 bags of the sale item on special. When I requested for 3 bags of the item which I was after. It was the supervisor who attended to my request but I was told that there is a limit of 2 bags for the product I was after. I then requested for a rain check .

I found this very unreasonable and at this point told her that I was able to get more than 3 units from my previous raincheck request. I got the raincheck but the whole experience was stressful and unpleasant. I feel that the Sales Staff whom the customer has to contact with inquiry needs to be informed and very clear about the store policy on rain checks. As a customer, if an item is on specials with yellow label says half price and there is no stock then, I can request for a rain check.

I did not like the interaction. As a regular shopper I see these staff very often.

I hope this problem be resolved. I have noted this incident on record and should prompt you to streamline your policy on rain checks.

Sincerely,